Samsung 40" LED 3,000,000 Contrast Ration TV?

RXBANDIT

Zero's Secretary
I this TV any good, looked good in store and may get one. Only use it for Blu-Ray and PS3.

What do you guys think of this TV?

ulasamosa

Astra Superstar
We have it on display with a PS3 running a blu-ray loop at work and it looks SICK. I still love my plasma, but if I could trade for that TV I would in a heartbeat.

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
Are these the new LED TVs?
Thinking about picking one up in maybe "46.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
keep in mind contrast ratio is vendor regulated and is not a standard.

RXBANDIT

Zero's Secretary
certainly looked awesome, the detail shown and the colours, blacks etc were nothing short of breathtaking. i currently have 42" 1080p tv but when i was shown PS3 game i already have and play regularly on this new TV, it was almost like a different game. details id never noticed before and colours just looked much more convincing.

I'm gonna have to get this bad boy i think lol,

WeinerDogSunglasses

Ghost of Captain Kidd
15 Year Member
Funny you should ask, I spent about an hour in front of that particular model when I was stuck at Best Buy for a few hours.

The golf tourney was on, so I didn't get to see how faster-paced video looked on it, but I have to say it looks great. The guy working there told me that the backlights run basically all the way to the edge of the screen, so that's a plus in terms of vibrance. The picture and color were extremely good. They had the 40" next to like a 52" or something and the brightness was like day and night with the bigger model looking washed out.

I'm sure you know, but these LED TVs are incredibly thin. I'd say an inch at the very most from front to back. Very sleek. I can't wait for more of these to come out so prices drop

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I was walking around Best Buy recently...

Are plasmas on thier way out?

They had maybe one in the whole store.

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
I was walking around Best Buy recently...

Are plasmas on thier way out?

They had maybe one in the whole store.

Plasmas are on their way out. I work at Best Buy and most manufacturers are phasing them out. They say that plasmas cost to much to manufacture, and that even though they can look alot better than LCDs consumers aren't willing to pay for the difference. Sucks because most LCDs still can't display black, and sometimes white, properly. Although the "new" LEDs seem to fix this.