ROTD.....how?

Priest

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I have 3 questions
1.Johann is a bastard, whats the easiest way to kill him?
2.Can you play as Abubo on AES? if so how?
3.Can you play as Johann on AES? if so how?

firebomber

Astra Superstar
1. The easiest way to kill Johann is with a fireball-jump kick method.

Get a full screen of distance between the two of you. If he isn't a full screen away he'll do a jumping kick at you.
Throw a fireball. He'll usually block the first one. Throw another one immediately and he'll roll under it. Right after you throw it, jump at him with a kick and then sweep. Hop back and then repeat.
It's easiest to do this with Lynn as her fireball is the fastest but you can do it with others as well; the timing is just different.

Some other tips: If Johann has a powerstock don't jump at him when he rolls under the fireball. After he comes out of the roll he'll use his super whether you jumped or not, so don't jump and you won't get hit; just hop back and throw another projectile.
Also, if your using a character who has a super where the character travels across the screen (like Jimmy or Elias) you can do the super and grab Johann out of the roll rather than doing a jumpkick.

Hope that helps. He can be a bitch, but after you get the fireball technique down, he can be pretty easy most of the time.

2. I have the MVS but I'm pretty sure it's the same on the home cart. At the character select screen press up, up, up, up, dwn, dwn, dwn, left, left, right and Abubo will appear in the middle.

3. Sorry, don't know about this one...

slerch666

updyke,
You can only play as Johann in 2 player mode. Here it is copied from Gamefaqs:

In versus mode, after you have selected your characters, hold all the buttons (ABCD) until the round starts. NOTE: Johann will mimic the colors of the character you selected, so anything other than the default color will result in a nasty appearance (try Abubo's green-skinned version to see what I mean).

You can also find some fighting tips in <a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=001148" target="_blank">this thread</a> and <a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=001037" target="_blank">this thread</a> .

Hope this helps!

cgun

Fio's Quartermaster
Johann is pretty easy, i thought he was hard at the beginning also. But you need to get the hang of the game.

Anything will work on him, just use it right. Abuse partner-change. When he attacks, switch character and follow-up the switch attack with another attack that knocks down. Jump on him just when he get´s up and start a combo, he will block the first hits but then drop his guard. Repeat into infinity.

Or just beat him like any other character, i usually do so.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Sorry to bump a dead thread, but I was finally able to beat Johann today.

Earlier on this afternoon I did a search of the forums and copied all the advice I could find about taking out Johann, then printed it all up.

I'd like to thank the following people for giving such good advice (in many separate threads):

Average Joe
Shining Kooksu
Firebomber
Takumaji
Shadowland
neojedi
toy_brain

Most of the advice centered on 'keep your distance, jump in with a kick and a combo, then jump out, get to know his moves, hit him with a super when he's vulnerable'.

I tried that, and I noticed I was getting better, but I still wasn't able to finish him off.

I finally thought of a method that might work. I tried it and it did. It's really really easy, and I wished I had thought of it earlier. It's a pretty cheap way to beat him, but it's convenient if you want to see all the endings.

I switched the timer to infinite so that I would be able to take my time and not have to worry about being rushed, or losing because of a lower health bar.

Then I switched the power meter to MAX.

That means his power meter is maxed out too, but that's OK, his supers are easy to predict and block.

After I started playing Johann, I played keep away like a lot of people suggested, then hit him with a super, backed away, waited for him to let himself be open again, then hit him with another super.

I kicked his ass in no-time flat.

Thanks again guys.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
tsukaesugi

Just to let you know I posted my Princess Sissy tactics in this forum, it's only a few threads below this one.

Good job with Johann as well, he is a cheap slut and deserves a good whoopin'