R. Kelly shouldn’t have “pissed” off the feds: Guilty on all counts.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
I DON'T SEE NOTHING WRONG with him being convicted of the crime.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
He's in prison now because he ran out of money,

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I thought it was because of the rape.

But has he really blown through his fortune?
Pretty sure, after the documentary came out his concerts got canceled, streaming and radio stations stopped playing his jams. Looks like you can still buy stuff on Apple but almost everyone else stopped selling his music. IIRC a few months later he filed to have his child support and separate maintenance adjusted. Then he had a bunch of properties behind on taxes. Now he's had several years of legal fees to pay, lawyers are not cheap.

The music industry greatly exaggerates how much pop stars make. They typically make peanuts for the first few albums. Once they become famous they misjudge their personal skills and abilities and don't hire talent to help make the new albums or go solo and put out some trash. That's the career of about 95% of all musicians for the last few generations.

Point is, it was twenty years ago a video got posted all over the internet of him peeing and having sex with an underaged girl.

Current worth -2 million
Peak possibly 100 million

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
So essentially he is a moron who never banked on a career decline.

You just need to bank and invest one real good payday.

But leeches and suckup yes-men are attracted to these famous people, so it’s not surprising no one was there looking out for Kelly’s financial interests. Probably also because anyone who cared for the man didn’t want to, you know, hang out with a raper.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Plus imagine how much he's paid out over the years under the table to make these victims and their families keep quiet. It has to be an insane amount.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
His Trapped in the Closet thing was a really cool idea at the time. lmbo apparently there were 33 chapters to it, I probably only watched the first few.

• Haha
Reactions: wyo

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
His Trapped in the Closet thing was a really cool idea at the time. lmbo apparently there were 33 chapters to it, I probably only watched the first few.

It’s a fucking train wreck. The water droplet beat and lyrics like “Bridget. She was a midget!”

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
So essentially he is a moron who never banked on a career decline.

You just need to bank and invest one real good payday.

But leeches and suckup yes-men are attracted to these famous people, so it’s not surprising no one was there looking out for Kelly’s financial interests. Probably also because anyone who cared for the man didn’t want to, you know, hang out with a raper.

To be honest I’ve always been amazed by the money not running out. I don’t listen to top 40 shit so I literally never heard of him until he became famous for urinating on people. To me that’s his only claim to fame. Given the stories of his lifestyle I’d say he probably did make money on non-musical things it just wasn’t enough to insulate him from the consequences of keeping multiple kids in his multiple sex dungeon for decades. Being in court every day for 20 years will break anyone’s bank.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
The loyalty of his female fans cannot be understated, we're talking MJ level worship. Unlike MJ though he played that misunderstood bad boy angle and his fans ate it up. Like Bobby Brown x10. He knew exactly who his audience was and how to play them to full effect.

What's really shocking is that it has taken so long for anything like this to happen to him, especially when he's been so blatant about it.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
How long would it have lasted if he was messing around with little white girls?

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
That's like asking like how long it would have lasted if he were a Martian. There's no scenario where that's possible.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Not if he is convicted of pending state charges. He has more crimes to answer for.

Regardless if it’s club fed or not he is never going to see the outside again. If he does get out he’ll be so old the closest he’ll get to taking a piss on someone is when a nurse comes to change his soiled bedsheets.