Question: Delta 32 without PSU for $500 - deal or no deal?

the7k

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Hey, got a friend offering to sell me a Delta 32 cabinet for $500. From him: "Main LCD works, marquee LCD does not, Has a control panel, buttons, etc. Does not have a PSU"

I've honestly never looked into HD cabinets but if I can easily find a replacement PSU I feel like this is a good deal - but if anyone has any reason I should stop, I'm all ears. And if anyone knows what kind of PSU I need to look for, I'd appreciate that as well.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Sounds like a good deal but like most arcades you want to see it in person to really see if its worth it.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
If a new delta minus PSU showed up like that near me I would not hesitate, as long as they can prove the monitor is working well. There's got to be a way to wire in a normal PSU even if you can't find a replacement, and I'd think you could probably find a replacement if you checked with overseas distributors.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
New Delta is different than a Delta 32, the D32s are pretty sweet cabs, 500 bucks is a good deal, especially when everything else is so easy to power up and a switching PSU is dirt anyway. Back in 2009 or so, there was an auction for cabs here in MA, TGA closed down and auctioned everything, they had 4 Delta 32s with SFIV in them, they actioned for 4K a piece, of course they were hot then, still, 500 bucks, do it now before someone else jumps on that.

Delta 32s and New Delta both use Sega NAC/BC/NNC CPs which is awesome.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
DEAL. If that popped up near me I would pick it up. Even if the monitor doesn't work, it can't be hard to replace, it's just an lcd. Power supply are cheap.