Primitive Alien Life May Exist, Stephen Hawking Says

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
galfordo said:
yes, wizkid is the odysseus of retardation.

:lolz: :lolz: :lolz: :lolz:

Anyways, when you consider how many star systems there are in the Universe, alien life isn't a possiblity, it's an inevitability. Hell, it's inevitable that there's intelligent life, if you ask me. There's even plenty of time for more intelligent life to evolve on this planet before the sun goes supernova or whatever — though I wonder if we'd have to kill ourselves to hasten such a process.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Nesagwa said:
Dont get all surprised, its just his opinion on the matter. This isnt "proof."
but stephen hawking is never wrong...NEVER

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Kid Aphex said:

But you need a moon base for that since it's only found on the moon.

Lunar helium 3 does not seem to be a viable way to solve our terrestrial energy problems but it will definitely play an important role in manned deep-space exploration from a moon base in 50 or 100 years from now.

Trouble is that those who are going to build a mining camp on the moon in order to tap into the vast lunar deposits of various metals and helium 3 will do so for profit, so it's questionable wether this will be the next giant step for mankind or yet another business venture. In short, I guess they will do the same as they did for decades on earth - milk dry all available ressources and make a good buck while they*re at it...

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
uh
non story. Famed astrophysicist makes profoundly fantastical YET reasonable statement.

Call me when there's a real story to be had.

NEO-FREAK-UK

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Takumaji said:
But you need a moon base for that since it's only found on the moon.

Lunar helium 3 does not seem to be a viable way to solve our terrestrial energy problems but it will definitely play an important role in manned deep-space exploration from a moon base in 50 or 100 years from now.

Trouble is that those who are going to build a mining camp on the moon in order to tap into the vast lunar deposits of various metals and helium 3 will do so for profit, so it's questionable wether this will be the next giant step for mankind or yet another business venture. In short, I guess they will do the same as they did for decades on earth - milk dry all available ressources and make a good buck while they*re at it...

Man will shoot first and ask questions later. I just hope there isn't some unforeseen consequence that will take us by suprise in the years that proceed it.

Mice do not understand mousetraps until they've buried their faces in the cheese and the trap catches their tales.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The question, however, is this:

Will we find the aliens who built the pyramids?

;)

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Lagduf said:
Agreed, an excellent new energy source would solve a lot of our problems. However, given out current technology I don't think manned space flight past mars is really viable.

I'd like to see a colony on the Moon before i die and hopefully a Mars landing.

Nothing travels faster than light... Except maybe bad news....

But you don't want to power a spaceship with bad news because people won't be happy to see you.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:
Nothing travels faster than light... Except maybe bad news....

But you don't want to power a spaceship with bad news because people won't be happy to see you.

Hahahaha.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Do we even remember how to land on the moon? (That is if we ever did it in the first place;))

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I'm patiently waiting for television signals interlaced with schematics for building a teleportation device to come from a planet orbiting Vega. It's bound to happen soon.
*fingers crossed*

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
You don't need a moonbase/drilling operation to 'extract' H3. It's on the surface of the moon---the very surface. In fact, the relatively undisturbed nature of the surface of the moon is the very reason H3 is so common up there.

Just go there, and bring enough back to FUEL THE PLANET FOR YEARS [literally]

MonoTekETeA

NEST Puppet
electricgrave said:
Humongously big...

So big, it is almost as large as willy.

Peh, think of it this way, we are so primitive, we couldn't make the moon into cheese when we found out it wasn't. Not saying that is useful, but god damn, I know there is a group out there that can do it.

You want to know what if goofy, imagine wind or something of the sort, being a cloaked spaceship monitoring our boring planet or something, lol, imagine that every time you feel a gust.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Gameoz said:
Do we even remember how to land on the moon? (That is if we ever did it in the first place;))

I'll shoot a motha fucka who says we didn't land on the moon.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Lagduf said:
I'll shoot a motha fucka who says we didn't land on the moon.
That's the funniest part in Diamonds Are Forever...Bond zipping past them filming a moon landing.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Lagduf said:
The question, however, is this:

Will we find the aliens who built the pyramids?

;)

I hope your referring to the ones on mars... and in the exact same geographical location... based on satalite scans that is.

http://www.thehiddenrecords.com/mars.htm

Site is a mess, but there have been documentaries on the same information.

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Kid Aphex said:
You don't need a moonbase/drilling operation to 'extract' H3. It's on the surface of the moon---the very surface. In fact, the relatively undisturbed nature of the surface of the moon is the very reason H3 is so common up there.

Just go there, and bring enough back to FUEL THE PLANET FOR YEARS [literally]

If you calculate in the cost for retrieving that stuff with NASA transport ships/freighters from moon to earth, H3 probably would end up being more expensive than gold...

That's why I think we would be better off by using H3 for energy production on the moon as a leap point for further space exploration, bringing that stuff down to earth does not seem very economical to me.