Post Your Recent Purchases!

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
That is a terrible idea and unnecessary. A pcb (commercial grade) is rated to 160f MAX and isn't meant for prolonged periods. 4 hours in an oven is not only overkill but dangerous for the boards. Not to mention, most home ovens thermostats are not calibrated ever after installation so they could easily be 10 degrees off.

Just give the boards a good shake(in all directions) after you clean them to get out excess water and peek under the chips to make sure they're no pools. Then just let the thing air dry. Give it a day or two.

What the fuck are you talking about? FR-4's are rated to 140* Celsius and most PCB's are rated to 105* Celsius, which is 210* Fahrenheit. 150* in an oven for a couple hours won't do shit.

Last edited:

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
The answer is in front of you.

Put them in an indoor deep fryer.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Had to be done. sorry
alienres_zpsff4f1c6f.jpg

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
hey Ren-chan, is that a boot? show us some more pics. Awesome game by the way:keke:

Dunno, whill check it today. I know it's not 'a good' Metal Slug. Always felt like playing a rushed game... but I wanted to get all for MVS eventually.
Was quite cheap so I don't mind if it's a boot.

Edit:
Also, Amazon just delivered this :3

20141224_092916.jpg

Edit 2:
Ok, I'm at home... opened the Metal Slug 4 MVS to see if it is a boot or not... but I don't know how to detect it:
20141224_145215.jpg

20141224_145222.jpg

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Thanks a lot! On mine it also says "Mega enterprise" on every single chip. Was difficult to see on the photo.

That sums to the originality of the game. Maybe the shell and label are not original, but the importan part, the boards, are original.

Regards.

chrd

n00b
Some carts that arrived today :glee:

The Sengoku 2 cart certainly has been one of the hardest carts yet to find.

photo_3.jpg

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Wow. Nice get on the Sengoku 2 cart. That must've cost a pretty penny.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Another delivery today from Amazon.

2014-12-23%252021.42.33.jpg

Doing a Turkey and Ham for Christmas.

Gonna be some good eats up in Pittmaster Yodd's house.

Let me know how it comes out dude. Saw one of those I think at Target and was wondering how well it works.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
That is a terrible idea and unnecessary. A pcb (commercial grade) is rated to 160f MAX and isn't meant for prolonged periods. 4 hours in an oven is not only overkill but dangerous for the boards. Not to mention, most home ovens thermostats are not calibrated ever after installation so they could easily be 10 degrees off.

Just give the boards a good shake(in all directions) after you clean them to get out excess water and peek under the chips to make sure they're no pools. Then just let the thing air dry. Give it a day or two.

A good shake? Sounds like you never cleaned a PCB before.

chrd

n00b
Wow. Nice get on the Sengoku 2 cart. That must've cost a pretty penny.

I got both of them for 150 euro combined (including shipping) so I like to value TPG at around 20 euro and that way convince myself I've only payed 120 euro for the Sengoku 2 cart :mr_t:

On ebay, apart from one 30 euro listing in Greece (immediately snooped up) I have only seen sold for 150+ euro (the last year or so) so while I know it's not a terrific deal, I'm happy that at least now I can play it.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Just got back from the store:

Gx9hw8t.jpg

Gonna start celebrating in style!

P.S. Sorry for the dirty table!!!

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
While out looking for last minute Christmas gifts last night I ran across this game and just had to pick it up.

Recent Purchases 12-23-2014.png

Me and my roommate had been talking about picking this up recently after seeing a video about it online. So it was a pleasant surprise seeing it at the local comic book shop. The rules are easy to learn, and it's fun as hell. Played a few games last night and had a blast. It's going to be really awesome with 3 or 4 players.

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
I picked up a dead CPS2 US AVP board. Opened it up and you bet the battery is dead... But since my mail carrier misplaced my A board that was suppose to come, I can't even yet to begin the repairs for it :(

Christmas gifts instead of purchases but I just opened Magician Lord for my AES and Xenoblade Chronicles for my Wii. Truly I know some very generous people for which I am grateful :)

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A

photo_3.jpg

Gratz on the Sengoku 2 cart. I couldn't get myself to pay that much for a game so i went for the CD version instead. There's few games i would pay that much for and one of them is MOTW.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi

photo_3.jpg

Nice cart but a impossible find these days. Sengoku 2 is the last cart besides SSVS I need to finish my MVS collection.

Last edited:

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
no i think he is saying its not a simple shake. i usually fold up a towel or two and bang the pcb on its surfaces to get out the water. then a hair dryer to finish it off. moving the hot air around. probly 30 mins tops from wet to power applied.

ApolloBoy

Edo Express Delivery Guy
My family's decided to have a late Christmas, but I decided to open a few gifts and this was one of them:
IMG_0137_zpsc15472b6.jpg

Time to get me some MVS carts.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
My family's decided to have a late Christmas, but I decided to open a few gifts and this was one of them:
IMG_0137_zpsc15472b6.jpg

I have the blue one, do you know if yours has new features/improvements over mine or is simply a different color? I know there were differences between the black one and blue (scaling issues eliminated AFAIK).

Thanks!!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
IMG_0137_zpsc15472b6.jpg

Probably the best converter on the market. I have the blue one and have yet to have any problems with running original mvs carts.