PLAYMORE UPDATE-!! jul 10th- Oficial Game pics!!!!!

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Where have Shinkirou, Senri Kita and Tonko gone?

Does anybody know where they are working these days?

Brandon St Randy

I was Daigo before that other one, ,
Shinkiro jumped to Capcom and did art for these games...

Final Fight One (GBA)
Dino Stalker (PS2)
and just recently Resident Evil Dead Aim (PS2) and that new arcade Gundam game.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Senri Kita is just doing freelance, as far as I know. And I think Tonko still does work with SNK. Some of the recent metal slug art looked Tonko-ish.

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
Screw Shinkirou.
WHAT?! eek!

Jeez man, that's pretty brash. You mean you didn't like anything he ever did for SNK, or do you think he may be over-rated?

Personally, if all Shinkiro did for SNK was the art for the KOF's from here on, I'd be happy. I liked his art for Metal Slug 1, X and 3, but truth be told I don't think it fit the mood or the feel of the games. But then, I don't think I've seen any Metal Slug cover art really give those games exact justice. Some the art in the CD galleries is jaw-dropping cool. Unfortunately they didn't use any of that.

Who was the guy who did all the art and character design for Top Hunter? Was it Nao Q? What little art of his I've seen isn't too bad either. Does anybody know what other games, if any, he did art for?

EvilWasabi:
Screw Shinkirou.
I second that. Shinkiro is good, damn good in fact, but I prefer Nona's more stylized, ever improving (compare his/her artwort from KoF 2k1 to the one for SvC:C)art. Between him and Hiroaki (if he ever decides to do anything for Playmore proper), I'd say they have the art part covered, at least with KoF.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
deffty:
Yes, the first thing they should do is get Shinkiro back no matter the cost.
Without him, Playmore will never look or feel like SNK.
Fuck that stupid artist who responsible for 2001.
shame
I used to think Shinkiro's stuff was Da Bomb, but then all his characters look the same. Nona has The Right Stuff, that artist's craft just becomes more and more refined, you have to sigh when you see the flair that oozes from that pen. Look it 'em sexy SvC Chaos characters and compare them to Kof 2002 and Kof 2001, see how much of an evolution has taken place. Nona's not afraid to experiment, and that artist's all right.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Yeah, I'm curious as to where the hell Sha-V and most of the other SNK music crew have gone.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
bokmeow:
deffty:
shame
I used to think Shinkiro's stuff was Da Bomb, but then all his characters look the same. Nona has The Right Stuff, that artist's craft just becomes more and more refined, you have to sigh when you see the flair that oozes from that pen. Look it 'em sexy SvC Chaos characters and compare them to Kof 2002 and Kof 2001, see how much of an evolution has taken place. Nona's not afraid to experiment, and that artist's all right.
Still, the chara avatars in KoF2k1 look like victims of car accidents. I don't like his style, I prefer the old Shinkiro stuff.

I don't know why ppl always come up with that "his charas all look the same" thing. Of course there are similarities, but they give most games a nice and elegant touch, unlike Nona's 'hyperactive' style that makes me nervous.

CarBaXinE

POSSIBLE SCAMMER - BEWARE
Me wants samurai spirits 5 drool

also another side scroll shooter would be awesome.
or another puzzler. drool_2

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
bokmeow:
deffty:
shame
Nona, huh? That's the artists name for the SVC art? I might be in the minority, but I think it's really cool. It's something different and eye catching. I'd love to have posters of all the characters in the game.

vishema

Genam's Azami Sharpener
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP!!! loco loco loco

Gesse, Demitri and Goenitz are REALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! buttrock buttrock buttrock

<small>[ July 10, 2003, 04:15 AM: Message edited by: vishema ]</small>

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Dammit, they're just dinky pictures!!!

Oh well, better than nothing, eh? wink

<small>[ July 10, 2003, 05:37 AM: Message edited by: Fygee ]</small>

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Look, its geese. Now, I want to see a shot of his repukken so I can compare to the one I beleived was fake.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Demitri looks damn good... almost release time... can't wait to own it... too bad it will be about 6 months until I can afford it :(

-Nick

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
nruva:
Demitri looks damn good... almost release time... can't wait to own it... too bad it will be about 6 months until I can afford it :(

-Nick
What do you think the MVS price will be at around then?

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
still no art of the newly announced chara.
:/

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Amix:
nruva:

-Nick
What do you think the MVS price will be at around then?
Man I don't know. Current trends have seen the big price games drop to $500 or so quickly, then sit at around $225 for a while. I am guessing it will be $225-250 in six months, but... man... if it is a huge success, like we all hope it will be... it may stay higher longer.

I want it to do good, but the selfish part of me also wants it to suck in the arcades so I can buy it cheaper... hehe... makes no sense I know! But... in the end... I will get it when I can,

-Nick