PGM 2 owners, sign in!

metalslug5

n00b
my understanding is that there is NO way to change the language. I have new legend in english, but i bought it that way. The language in embedded. hope this helps

westtrade

Overtop Pathfinder
10 Year Member
Hey everyone,

Just so you know, KOF 98 UM Hero does have full english options. Sorry it took so long to respond, I have been working on getting a cab.

SMMM

Rugal's Thug
Hey everyone,

Just so you know, KOF 98 UM Hero does have full english options. Sorry it took so long to respond, I have been working on getting a cab.

Looks like I may have to buy this then.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Just ordered an Oriental Legends 2 kit and Knights of Valour 2:New Legend. I will also be picking up an original PGM system tomorrow with Martial Masters. Now I just need to find Demon Front at a decent price. I would pick up the cart for Gladiator but I already have the PCB. I really hope IGS continues to release awesome beat em ups.

SMMM

Rugal's Thug
Just ordered an Oriental Legends 2 kit and Knights of Valour 2:New Legend. I will also be picking up an original PGM system tomorrow with Martial Masters. Now I just need to find Demon Front at a decent price. I would pick up the cart for Gladiator but I already have the PCB. I really hope IGS continues to release awesome beat em ups.

Please confirm language selection feature or lack thereof when you get it, please.

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
Anyone in here interested in consolizing an OG unit for me? A PGM that is.

danixco

n00b
Guys, I need some help.

Does anybody here have the KOF98UM "Hero" PGM2 version. I need info about if the game runs OK. We're planning to run it in a Megalo 50, we already have the Taito Type X version in the city (Mexicali, Mexico), but we want to install the PGM2 version in another local ASAP.

http://www.excellentcom.net/detail.asp?catid=46663&subcatid=43705&pdtid=379339&private=

I already wrote to the guys of this site to buy it from there, but I would like to know your experiences playing this version about:

1. Graphics.

2. If the hardware works right.

3. Works with jamma.

4. A better arcade dealer or if this dealer is trusty.

5. If this is enough (coin-op ready), I read in this forum about some cards to unlock characters and features, is that true? Do I need to buy them to run it in my arcade local?.

Thanks. I appreciate any response. 1 KOF98UM is not enough :).

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
I got my PGM2 games in but I just realized that my supegun does not have a test switch wired up so I can't get to the menus. I promise I will wire one up in the next week and get back to you folks about the language options.

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
Last week was a bust and this one is not looking any better. I'll see if I can make time this weekend to test the language options.

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
Found out dip 1 puts you into test mode but I could not find any language options. What is interesting is that the mobo at startup has a splash screen which says this game is authorized for China. But, there is a ton of blank space after "China," leading me to believe the motherboards are programmed for specific regions and the programmers just left empty space for whatever long country name could go there. Don't know if that means it is possible to get a US bios as I don't believe PGM2 was licensed anywhere in the states.

Westtrade says KOF has language options so it might be up to each game. I did not see any language options for Oriental Legends 2.

westtrade

Overtop Pathfinder
10 Year Member
Sorry it took so long to respond, I am going to japan next month so I have researching like crazy for a great jamma pcb to get from there. I want to get some thing that hard to find the U.S. and not something I can buy on any number of common forums. Here are some pics to answer your question on language:

Game Settings
30684286.jpg

Button Settings
62782099.jpg

Credit Settings
63025674.jpg

Main menu
28318261.jpg

1. Graphics. - The game looks good to me.

2. If the hardware works right. - The game loads stages in a blink of a eye.

3. Works with jamma. - This is a jamma game.

4. A better arcade dealer or if this dealer is trusty. - I have bought from this seller in the past. Fast shipping and great packing for items.

5. If this is enough (coin-op ready), I read in this forum about some cards to unlock characters and features, is that true? Do I need to buy them to run it in my arcade local?. - I did not buy any cards and I have all the characters in the game.

Last edited:

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
Thanks for the pics. This confirms that the language option depends on the game as it does not have that option in oriental legends 2. As far as I know, the only games that use cards are oriental legends 2 and knights of valour 2:new legend. Those games save your character data when you play the advanced option where you level up and can buy items with the money you earn in game.

Three quick questions :)

1. Will the PGM-IGS2 work straight in a Neo Geo arcade cab?

2. What are the cards for? Are these needed, or optional to play the game succesfully?

3. Any FAQ on the system or the games?

Thanks!

westtrade

Overtop Pathfinder
10 Year Member
Three quick questions :)

1. Will the PGM-IGS2 work straight in a Neo Geo arcade cab?

2. What are the cards for? Are these needed, or optional to play the game succesfully?

3. Any FAQ on the system or the games?

Thanks!

1. yes, it should
2. saving data for games like OL2.
3. not that I know of.

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
There are a few differences between Jamma and Neo wiring. The PGM2 will output in mono while the Neo is stereo. I would reccomend this little piece from jammaboards:

http://www.jammaboards.com/store/jamma-to-neogeo-adapter/prod_228.html

I might see about scanning in my manual for Oriental Legends 2 just so people can download if they want to.

You do not need the cards unless you are playing the advance option of OL2 or KoV2:NL. The regular play mode does not use the cards at all.

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
The advanced option allows you to level up, earn money, puts wear on your weapons for blocking, and secret shops can be found in levels to spend your cash on new weapons and items. Normal just gives you a stock character that can't level up, etc.

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
bump. has anybody heard any news recently on the hardware? Is my dream of Martial Masters 2 going to happen?

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
They are apparently releasing some iteration of DDP DOJ on the system.

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
No! they need new crap. I mean a version of dondonpachi would be great, but martial masters 2 baby, come on!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yes to that too!

I'm game for another rendition of DDP, ala DDPII though.

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
I would be all over Martial Masters 2. The first one is seriously underrated.