Nintendo Throwback Sale

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Is Galaxy 2 a Wii game or just a digital download for Wii U?

Both. A Wii game that is a Digital download for Wii U. When you launch it, it behaves exactly like a Wii game you launched from the Wii Mode dashboard, only you don't have to do that, you can launch it right from your Wii U menu. Also, you will get Club Nintendo coins for the download, if you keep track of that stuff for free goodies.

lastcallhall

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Bumping this for those that want to get in on Metroid Prime Trilogy - I just bought it at 9.99. Sale probably started Tuesday, so get it while you can.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
SMG2 is an instant classic. The best 3d Mario game ever made.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Bumping this for those that want to get in on Metroid Prime Trilogy - I just bought it at 9.99. Sale probably started Tuesday, so get it while you can.

Can you play it with a controller besides wiimote and nunchuk? I might get it if I can use a Classic Controller Pro or a Gamecube controller.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Can you play it with a controller besides wiimote and nunchuk? I might get it if I can use a Classic Controller Pro or a Gamecube controller.

Nope, MP Trilogy only supports Wiimote/Nunchuck. But still, at 10 bucks, it's worth getting, even to leave in your queue till you get a Wiimote/Nunchuck, if you don't have em. Besides, this game actually uses them REALLY well.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Nope, MP Trilogy only supports Wiimote/Nunchuck. But still, at 10 bucks, it's worth getting, even to leave in your queue till you get a Wiimote/Nunchuck, if you don't have em. Besides, this game actually uses them REALLY well.

Other than wii mote support for MP1 and MP2...are there any other notable differences to be interested in if you already own all 3 games?

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Other than wii mote support for MP1 and MP2...are there any other notable differences to be interested in if you already own all 3 games?

Nope. Not one. There were 2 things that made me want the MP trilogy, even though I already own all 3 games. 1) MP3 controls on MP1 and 2 (Seriously, they are a godsend to those games) and 2) Being able to play all 3 games on my Wii U, if I don't happen to have my GameCube hooked up at the time. Apart from the controls the only other difference is now MP1 and 2 are in Widescreen, but I doubt that'd be a dealbreaker for anyone. They're the same 3 games, otherwise!

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Nope. Not one. There were 2 things that made me want the MP trilogy, even though I already own all 3 games. 1) MP3 controls on MP1 and 2 (Seriously, they are a godsend to those games) and 2) Being able to play all 3 games on my Wii U, if I don't happen to have my GameCube hooked up at the time. Apart from the controls the only other difference is now MP1 and 2 are in Widescreen, but I doubt that'd be a dealbreaker for anyone. They're the same 3 games, otherwise!

Ah thanks for that. The updated controls would be pretty sweet...though I still have my Wii hooked up to my TV and it is one of the GameCube backward compatible ones. But $10 is a steal...

groundzero

Cheng's Errand Boy
I got the metroid for 10 and zelda on virtual console for 2.99. Not bad
I do wish that the virtual console supported more than one save point. Also, when is wii U going to get some PCE and N64 love

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I got the metroid for 10 and zelda on virtual console for 2.99. Not bad
I do wish that the virtual console supported more than one save point. Also, when is wii U going to get some PCE and N64 love

Weeelll technically, you -can- still go into Wii mode, and buy from the OG Wii VC, which does have N64 and PCE games. The N64 selection is pretty slim, but has a pretty decent selection of must haves. The PCE selection there though is pretty damn solid. They've even got Rondo! The advantage here being that if/when those platforms do show up in Wii U, you can either keep em in your Wii dashboard, or pay a pittance (like a buck or a 1.50 as opposed to the 8-ish dollar full price) to get it again with the Wii U VC features.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Weeelll technically, you -can- still go into Wii mode, and buy from the OG Wii VC, which does have N64 and PCE games. The N64 selection is pretty slim, but has a pretty decent selection of must haves. The PCE selection there though is pretty damn solid. They've even got Rondo! The advantage here being that if/when those platforms do show up in Wii U, you can either keep em in your Wii dashboard, or pay a pittance (like a buck or a 1.50 as opposed to the 8-ish dollar full price) to get it again with the Wii U VC features.

PCE sound is a bit borked though :(