ngbc hit japanese arcades today!

Frankfurt

Cheng's Errand Boy
Arcadia is only responsible for fucking SBO and has contacts to arcades all over Japan, plus every major player in the whole country. But hey, a kid at neo-geo.com knows better! :lol:

Empyrian

n00b
Eh, some of you may have misunderstood what I wanted to convey.

I know Tier lists are not set in stone.

I am just saying, a lot of people are going to use Arcadia's list without thinking.

So when I said, "I think Kyo or Hanzo are pretty good. At least this rank." Some of you will just dump the gospel of Arcadia and tell me to shut up.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
One other thing about Arcadia: although it does have links with arcades, they aren't as vast as you may hope. Their arcade charts, for example, are made up from a handfull of arcades that 'co-operate', and as such, are often completely inaccurate.

Yikes. I'm quite late. Anyway I just got to play the game yesterday, and it was as good as I thought it would be (maybe a little better actually :) ). Though I played a lot, I had to keep coming back in short intervals, because I was in chinatown fair, and if you're playing a game for a first time in there, then you're almost guaranteed to get kicked off fast.

Well anyway, the roster is really good. I couldn't complain after seeing how hard they tried to pick just the right people from each series to put in there. They even touched up some of the old sprites, and the engine isn't what I thought it would be. I expected them to just put a bunch of characters in a kof engine, but the fighting engine is quite different which is a good thing in terms of variety. It took a while to play some classic characters in the new engine, but I had fun doing it. So I guess I'll just end it by being repetitive and saying that I think this is a really good game. :tickled:

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Good to see you liked it. It is a really cool game, and there is a lot to the system that keeps it feeling fresh even though the concept is nothing new.

I finally get to take some time off work, so intend to do some arcade catch up on Friday playing this and KOF XI.

Oh cool Kof XI. I tried to play that one, but it was way too crowded to get close too :S. I've heard some mixed reviews, but from what I've seen, it seems to be a really good game. Though some vets are gone, the new characters that were added seem to look and play really cool. But then again, I've always liked the SNK style characters so I might just be a little biased on that point :tickled:

sammaz

Quiz Detective
Just played NGBC on a Atmoswave 25in high res cabinet at a local dealer. I was amazed at how good arcade gameing is at 30Khz...very nice graphics...as for gameplay the tag team combos are very smooth and efective...I thought that they had eliminated loading times by using carts in the atmoswave...loading times were noticeable.

I would surely replace my Wells Gardner 25in 15Khz monitor in my MVS-2 Big red cab with one of these new high res monitors...but since I can run my xbox and PS2 at 640x480 30Khz , and NGBC is comming to Ps2 soon ...I think its just cheaper to play the home port...rather than the 1200.00 they want for the game at the dealer.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Me and bokmeow are so hardcore. We finally got to play it at China Town Fair. :loco:

ME