NG Dev Team Reprints!

betterdavid

Mr. Big's Thug
If i had the $$ I would order the reprints in a heartbeat! Yes it is a big investment but the thing about these games is at any point down the road you can always sell them and get what you put into them and probably more back. I have them all for the DC and am happy that i at least get to play the games at all :)

A very valid point. Almost like a long term rental haha.

barto

Overtop Pathfinder
Exactly! Im just glad they made these games for the DC so people like me can enjoy the games as well.

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
Since October of 2011, as that's the date of the paypal receipt for the payment.

Damn, now I can understand why you prefer to wait. It is really too long – even if everything is considered.

I had the same experience with Sturmwind. Also delayed for over two years, in the meantime I have sold my DC and got finally my money back two months ago. Wouldn't even know if I had enjoy the game after such a delay.

The Apple approach is definitely better: just speak about it and release it when it's done.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
So as a young adult I'm always being told by people that the fact that I've gone all these years without a credit card is fantastic and how I should never get one.

but you know what? screw those guys! I want more NG DEV games! Lol

Just ordered XYX RE Edition - still unsure on getting a Gunlord RE too.
I have to sleep one night more to come to a decision i guess. :-)

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
I have to sleep one night more to come to a decision i guess. :-)

Yeah yeah just keep telling you that. You have made your decision long ago. Which is to buy it of course ;-)

I slept two nights over it, praying that the urge would stop. But of course it didn't. The sooner you do it, the faster you feel good about it :-J

Slugger

Marked Wolf
So I ended up ordering one Fast Striker MVS! Not too interested in the other games. Figured that if I don´t get one now who knows when will be the next chance and for what price. Cool that It comes with the 1.6 coin-op support by default. Really like that they went with the old classic "cardboard" kit design.

I see myself playing this countless hours. I´ve watched so many vids on the net so I´m sure I´ll love it :)

The soundtrack is just awesome, gameplay and graphics superb. Plus the replay value is excellent also.

Is this btw. the only NG.DEV.TEAM title that has been in the japanese arcades?

Now the tedious wait...

Last edited:
Yeah yeah just keep telling you that. You have made your decision long ago. Which is to buy it of course ;-)

I slept two nights over it, praying that the urge would stop. But of course it didn't. The sooner you do it, the faster you feel good about it :-J

Nooooo...don't make me order it today...really....! :-D

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Thanks for sharing this news! Might have to preorder an LH:PB reprint before they're sold out :)

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Gotdangit you guys! I've been waiting for this reprint and now that it's here I can't drop the cash.. I hope these last a while

It was suggested to NG: DEV that they wait until we get tax returns and perhaps that might entice more people to buy. That's why they're doing it now. The next time people get tax returns will be next year...

Last edited:

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
It was suggested to NG: DEV that they wait until we get tax returns and perhaps that might entice more people to buy. That's why they're doing it now. The next time people get tax returns will be next year...

Well it was mostly sarcasm, can't really blame them for something that is clearly my fault :-P
Cmoon obama! Send me some monaay!

Buffi

Zero's Secretary

I thought (this may not be true) that most of their customers were European, and tax return dates vary quite a lot between countries :)

monads

Mr. Big's Thug
10 Year Member
I jumped on board last Friday and ordered the MVS versions: FS 1.5 and Gunlord LE.

It's tempting to order Last Hope......

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
SO MUCH MONEY. What is the exchange for FS 1.5 MVS?

About $475 US (or around $490 shipped).

I'd really like to order Gunlord and Fast Striker, but I just took the wife to Europe and I think she'd kill me if I dropped over $900 on two games right now. Oh well, maybe there will be another reprint next year.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
still to high for what you get. I'd do $300 USD to support them, but $500 dollars?

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
still to high for what you get. I'd do $300 USD to support them, but $500 dollars?

It's the exchange rate that kills it. I did muster up the cash for Fast Striker after selling some stuff. I hope they keep putting out games for a few more years and hopefully the exchange rate comes back to more reasonable levels.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
If I wind up selling all my reproductions, then I might use some of the $$$ to buy at least one cart, if pre-orders are still open. There's just so much more I can do with $500, then let it sit on my shelf.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If the price of the ROM cart is a problem, there's always the cheaper Dreamcast alternative.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Honestly, if they pump out one solid Neo game per year, I think I would be fine with paying the $350-500 per game. It's really cool that new games are still made for the king of 2d system. And after all, while MVS and common older AES games are dirt cheap now, such was not always the case. The exorbitant prices that NGDev charges for MVS and AES games are not too ridiculous when you consider inflation and the exchange rate, as well as what MVS and AES games originally cost.

What has me worried is the fact that they plan to release Neo XYX and another yet-to-be-announced title within the same year. Hopefully the quality remains high and the number of ridiculously expensive games released per year remains low.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
The exorbitant prices that NGDev charges for MVS and AES games are not too ridiculous when you consider inflation and the exchange rate, as well as what MVS and AES games originally cost.
Don't forget the really solid work on programming, art, presentation etc. that goes into the NGDev-Titles. Also, as has been stated above, these games will very likely not loose anything in value but rather go up.

Last edited: