NG:DEV TEAM re-issues Dreamcast versions of LHPB, Fast Strikers, Gunlord w/ jewel cases

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
That bundle price is pretty sweet even though I've got Gunlord and Fast Striker already.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Really tempted to get the DC trio, but I've never been that big of a scrolling shooter fan. How are Last Hope and Fast Striker?

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Then new jewel case reprints look nice...GUNLORD looks great!!!! I like the CD cases better than the DVD case I got...GUNLORD...oh god...should I? Again?!

Do it! Hazlo! One can only buy Gunlord twice once in a lifetime!

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
What was broken about it?

If you have played it more than 10 minutes instead of admiring it on a shelf, it's pretty obvious. I played in tate mode, so I never had the freezing issue. The stage 2 midboss invincibility issue is very annoying - happened to me every game. The bomb fragments disappearing breaks the game as well. The game isn't terrible, but the bugs are a deal breaker when trying to play it for hi scores.

Dreamcast bug list from the shmups forum:

Vertical S mode is unplayable - introduces significant input lag and the game frequently locks up, particularly from stage 4 but has been seen as early as stage 2. Also its default size is horizontally stretched and requires manual adjustment (which is at least supplied) to reach 3:4 aspect ratio

Small medal counter always shows zero at the end of stages

Bomb fragments sometimes carry over between stages and lives, but sometimes do not

Stage 2 midboss has periods of invinciblity (if the hitflashes stop, its life bar does not go down) whereas it is vulnerable at all times in the the NeoGeo version

Last edited:

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
If you have played it more than 10 minutes instead of admiring it on a shelf, it's pretty obvious. I played in tate mode, so I never had the freezing issue. The stage 2 midboss invincibility issue is very annoying - happened to me every game. The bomb fragments disappearing breaks the game as well. The game isn't terrible, but the bugs are a deal breaker when trying to play it for hi scores.

Vertical S mode is unplayable - introduces significant input lag and the game frequently locks up, particularly from stage 4 but has been seen as early as stage 2. Also its default size is horizontally stretched and requires manual adjustment (which is at least supplied) to reach 3:4 aspect ratio

Bomb fragments sometimes carry over between stages and lives, but sometimes do not

Stage 2 midboss has periods of invinciblity (if the hitflashes stop, its life bar does not go down) whereas it is vulnerable at all times in the the NeoGeo version

Holy fuck, with the amount of money they attain from sales you think they would hire some QA...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
even gunlord MVS Limited edition didn't have an offical MM so don't sweat it; but i made one years ago you can print (using only the official arts): original post

As usual you're the man!!! Thanks a lot for the hook up, great job on that mm.
Edit: I'm gonna print this on millar, the goldie is gonna shine with this one!~

I play it on TATE mode as well so I'm fine with it. This and Gunlord are the best games and the only 2 I consider worthy of a MVS get.

Last edited:

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Neo XYZ :keke:

It's a shame this game is treated like the stepchild of NGDev releases... Personally it's my favorite.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Man its like no one wants to get this right. The best release package wise was the red spot games release of Last Hope. People want Jewel cases with official styling law outs. I hate these not just being Japanese style cases with spines.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Guess it's time to give these games a try. Hope they are worth the cost, thanks for the heads up!

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
Thanks OP for the heads up. Just bought the bundle. Sweet price and looking forward to playing them, especially Gunlord :D

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Was temped on the bundle since I wanted to try Gunlord and Fast Striker.

Then I remembered I'm boycotting NG:dev after NeoXYX DC disaster.

If you have played it more than 10 minutes instead of admiring it on a shelf, it's pretty obvious.

:lolz:

I play it on TATE mode as well so I'm fine with it.

Fine with the bugs that make the game shit. Doesn't matter right, it's still fun? :keke:

NeoXYX, the game that could have been awesome, really awesome, if these guys had even the slightest fucking clue as to what makes a shmup good. They got a game from someone else, gave it a facelift, and then ruined it :hammer::hammer:
I don't even think people here know or care that they are not the original creators of the game. Also I enjoyed it enough to quickly 1CC, then promptly tossed it on the shelf never to be played again.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
These look super cool. In my case they would just sit on the shelf, since I have the mvs copies of the games I like, so no point.

They should sell standalone soundtracks though. I would pick up a couple.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
You bitch and yet you played it and had fun, so WTF chemz, stop being a docuher, the game is fine.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
You bitch and yet you played it and had fun, so WTF chemz, stop being a docuher, the game is fine.

It's a fun game, but there are some pretty major issues with it like the safe spots that can easily get you through a whole level at a time.

I played it enough to clear it with however many credits they give you (I'm not a shmup baus like Chem) but it could have been a much better game if they had addressed its problems.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I played it for a week or two, beat it, then was relieved that I'd never have to touch it again. It was partially fun because I got to discover all the various bugs and issues the game had, while people on this site were talking about how challenging the game was.
It is funny because you are correct, it is "fine" for the blind fans on this site who don't care if a game like NeoXYX has fundamental design flaws and programming fuckups which make it borderline unplayable at any serious skill level. It has good music and graphics, so apparently that's enough for you guys.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Poor chemz, he just can' bear that people actually enjoy the game for reasons different than his own.