NG.com Beer Thread/Beer Discussion

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
i'v like boddingtons and guinness, but john smiths extra smooth has always been my favourite. i'm more of a ale/bitter person,not much into lager. for me lager has no depth and just taste like water to me.

I'm really into my mild (I know... simple Northerner, simple tastes). I did have a beer last christmas from J W Lees. Can't wait to have it this year, I'd check it out if I were you.

http://www.jwlees.co.uk/beers/christmas-plum-pudding

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
lol schlenkerla ok didnt think you can buy this in the usa
found this basic informations about franconian beer culture:
http://byo.com/hops/item/1472-the-beers-of-franconia

Hi Voodoohead,

I've had Werzberger Hofbrau Premium Pils - it is one of my all time favorite brews. Also a handful of others from the brewery including the Festbier and a few hefeweizens. These pop up in a couple big warehouse stores I know of. I've also had Kulmbacher from the region too, when I was in Germany. Schlenkerla is an acquired taste for most but I love it, especially with smoky meats or a hearty brunch at a beer garden. Any other suggestions?

Last edited:

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
Cracked open my 2015 KBS to cap off the Bruins season. Cheers, fellas!
kbs.jpg

Spoiler:
trying to keep my tears out of it :crying:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Honestly can't be bothered with trying to get stuff like KBS anymore.

Too bad, because I'd like to drink it, but I'm not making special trips to buy a couple bottles.

I bet it was better last year anyway.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
I feel it's not as elusive as it has been in years past. Getting bottles can still be a PITA and I got lucky this week since I was out of town when my local store offered it up but my girlfriend grabbed me a couple. Still, she said the line was pretty ridiculous and not everyone got to buy some. But I do tend to see it show up on draft from time to time, and usually the bars feel the need to make a big enough deal about it on twitter/facebook to announce they got some or even wait until a specific day to serve it.

It was certainly smoother & boozier after sitting for a year, and got pretty goddamn delicious after the few initial sips. I remember drinking it fresh last year and it was a bit hot. 2014 batch was better, IMO

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
My brother got two free cases of beer from a client (he cleans carpets), so he gave one to me. Free 12 pack of Killian's and a free 12 pack of Blue Moon. Not my favorite beers but you'll never hear me whine about a free case.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I've been trying to mix more local (within TX) beers with everything else, as many breweries are popping up in stores. After years of selling and drinking craft beers, I'm happy to say there are some breweries I'm very proud of. Recent stuff I've had and enjoyed:

Rocket Fuel (Vietmanese coffee porter)- 8th Wonder
Here Comes the Sun (Belgium wheat)- Karbach
And nationally, Ballast Point imperial porter

Lilith

Banned
I just spent 12 hours next to a cool dude on a train who drank like twelve beers and kept open-mouth burping, and once night fell he kept looking out the window and muttering "what the fuck is that" like there was actually something really crazy out there. He was talking about how he couldn't wait to get to his hotel room and drink a beer (Coors). He was stocky and had gray hair in a little ponytail and smelled bad. He reminded me of a battle master. I felt like I was in good hands.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I just spent 12 hours next to a cool dude on a train who drank like twelve beers and kept open-mouth burping, and once night fell he kept looking out the window and muttering "what the fuck is that" like there was actually something really crazy out there. He was talking about how he couldn't wait to get to his hotel room and drink a beer (Coors). He was stocky and had gray hair in a little ponytail and smelled bad. He reminded me of a battle master. I felt like I was in good hands.

This story made me LOL pretty hard

I've been drinking local lately. Lots of Texas Ale Project 50ft Jackrabbit.

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
love porters and man that vietnamese coffee porter sounds interesting since i happen to love vietnamese coffee. anyway recently been drinking

guinness case from costco containing some of their new stuff west indies porter nitro ipa dublin porter all tasty
pineapple sculpin from ballast point was amazing also

if anyone is on untappd let me know great app for sharing the hobby

need to get out locally here in boise and do some porch sitting with some tasty brews so will report back soon

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
What's everybody drinking during the quarantine? I've been having a lot of Wicked Weed out of North Carolina lately. Silencio will turn your face inside out.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
What's everybody drinking during the quarantine? I've been having a lot of Wicked Weed out of North Carolina lately. Silencio will turn your face inside out.

49319827373585669154993671278546442505564.png

3 to 4 liters of this a night for the past 65 nights.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
You know, I can't say I've ever had that. Will look for it...

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The first time I had it, about five years ago, it tasted dry. It's a crazy thing to say, but that's how I'd describe it. Now I feel like an addict or something, and the dry feeling it used to leave me is long, long gone.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Drinking very local craft beer that I stocked up on - various styles from Jack's Abby, Lamplighter, & Wandering Soul. Side note also drinking Suntory Toki Japanese Whisky

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Drinking the same shit I always drink. Rail borboun, rail tequila, PBR, or Miller lite depending on which one is on sale.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Asahi, any other kind of beer and whisky. So basically nothing has changed.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Got a case of Red Oak for sitting out on the porch on the warm days and 2 handles of Tito's for the cold nights. Trying to limit my intake during the work week. Partially to preserve in case the liquor stores close but mostly so I'm not a fucking trainwreck on morning conference calls and employee check-ins.