new here and glad to join a neo geo community

djexotic

n00b
my name daniel and i am from texas. i join this forum to gain some knowledge about the neo geo mvs and aes systems also start my collection next year after i get done with my sega dreamcast collection. so i am happy to join and i hope everybody here at this site help me out my finds and hardware.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
my name daniel and i am from texas. i join this forum to gain some knowledge about the neo geo mvs and aes systems also start my collection next year after i get done with my sega dreamcast collection. so i am happy to join and i hope everybody here at this site help me out my finds and hardware.

welcome aboard dj! I'm working on a DC collection myself, I like the jp orange spines:)

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,

As one Dreamcast fanatic to another, welcome!

wojo1316

n00b
From one Neo Geo noob to the next welcome. Are you familiar on what games on the dream cast support the link cable for the Neo Geo Pocket color?

djexotic

n00b
well, right now i am trying to collect the dc games that snk producted soo far in the states. as of now i am about to search the japan imports games from the king of fighters series that haven't been never release to the states. i am thinking about doing a build of a mvs slot 1 board mod/console project since the aes system is outta of my lead and mvs is way to go these days.

Hey guys! Glad to be here on the forum!

For whatever reason, the forum is letting me post comments, but not letting me start a new thread, so forgive the thread hijacking going on here. :-)

I've got a JP AES with Samurai Spirits 1 and 2 in box. I have two JP Front Load CD units, Fatal Fury Special and Samurai Spirits RPG (just one copy of each). Between them all, I have four controllers, three of which work properly. I have an original square bulky AES controller, the more rounded jumbo controller, and two of the SNES/Genesis sized NGCD controllers (one of which doesn't work). I also have Magician Lord and Metal Slug on the Wii Virtual Console.

This makes me a) a member of the club, b) a -very- junior member of the club. :-)

I'm a little confused about the launch of the AES, and the launch library. Based on research I've done, the MVS came out in April 1990 with Baseball Stars Professional, Top Player's Golf, Magician Lord, and NAM-1975. The AES came out later, was originally just for rental and/or hotels, and then later became widely available. It looks like, from your list and others, that the first AES carts show a release date of 07/01/1991, and it looks like there were 16 of them in JP, 15 in US.

The list I see is: NAM-1975, Mahjong Kyoretsuden (-----Japan Only!-----), Magician Lord, Baseball Stars Professional, Top Player's Golf, Ninja Combat, Riding Hero, The Super Spy, Cyber-Lip, Puzzled, Ghost Pilots, Sengoku, King of the Monsters, Blue's Journey, and Alpha Mission II.

What I'm confused by is what to do with 07/01/1991, and the 16 titles listed above. Was 07/01/91 the date the system became avail as a rental, or was it the date the system became mass avail. If mass, then what was the rental release date, and avail titles? If 01/01 was rental release, then when did it become mass release, and were there any additional games avail at the time of that launch?

Is this original rental only thing even true in the first place?

Thanks guys! Looking forward to having more NEO GEO chats in the future (maybe I'll find someone to accept my Samurai Spirits RPG game in trade for a game that I don't have to speak Japanese to be able to play.) :-)

Sorry again for hijacking this thread! I'll try to figure out what's going on, and why I -can- add comments, but not start new threads.

-J