New 161-in-1 Multicart, does anybody know...

Mr. Zurkon

Zero's Secretary
Ok the auction listed here:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...akeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en states that the cart works on Snk motherboards with original bios only, does anyone know if this is true, or can it be used with Unibios 3.0 or 3.1? I have an Omega cmvs and it's supposed to be compatible with multicarts, but this seller doesn't accept returns and I don't want to get stuck with this cart if it doesn't work on the Omega. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance! :)

from what i was looking up it will, there was a few videos on youtube that show it. I actually just ordered one my self so in a week ill have a definute answer

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I just received my unibios 3.1 in the mail today. I can install it and check that out tonight. If it doesn't work I'll probably have a multi cart for sale tomorrow. :D

Last edited:

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I'm glad I didn't get one from Ebay, this is a way better deal! Thanks for sharing this link, I think I'll be ordering this tomorrow :D

No problem! Mine shipped really fast so I should have it by the weekend. This page says nothing about needing original BIOS so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Mr. Zurkon

Zero's Secretary
It says this near the bottom of the page: Product Requirements:

* Requires SNK NEO GEO Motherboard (1, 2, 4, or 6 slot) - Part No: RA-NEO-SNK-MB-MV-1C

(Original Bios Only)
That last part is what worries me, but the demo video for the Omega states that it works with multicarts. Let's hope it does because I can't afford to hunt down the 40+ Mvs carts I want and this is a great solution til I can afford to complete the collection.

betterdavid

Mr. Big's Thug
It says this near the bottom of the page: Product Requirements:

* Requires SNK NEO GEO Motherboard (1, 2, 4, or 6 slot) - Part No: RA-NEO-SNK-MB-MV-1C

(Original Bios Only)
That last part is what worries me, but the demo video for the Omega states that it works with multicarts. Let's hope it does because I can't afford to hunt down the 40+ Mvs carts I want and this is a great solution til I can afford to complete the collection.

I hear that. Just getting the handful of games that I have, WITHOUT shockboxes and inserts (which I want), has already cost me a ton. This sort of cart would be great for games that I will never buy (Nightmare in the Dark, all of the KOFs minus 98 and 02, Metal Slug 4/5, etc). Honestly, I don't ever see my collection going beyond 15-20 games. This all in one cart is a fun novelty.

So yeah, someone please test this and report back!

pipes

Okay, so I just installed the unibios 3.1 and tried it out with the 161 in 1 and it plays just fine. I didn't notice any issues with the gameplay at all. The issue I have is with the main unibios menu; it doesn't display properly. Most of the words are missing so its pretty much unusable. The in-game menu, however, works just fine. So really it's not a big deal. I tried out a few legit carts and the main menu comes up perfect so it's definitely something to do with the multicart. But like I said, the cart works fine and that's the important thing.

SSS

neo retired
Okay, so I just installed the unibios 3.1 and tried it out with the 161 in 1 and it plays just fine. I didn't notice any issues with the gameplay at all. The issue I have is with the main unibios menu; it doesn't display properly. Most of the words are missing so its pretty much unusable. The in-game menu, however, works just fine. So really it's not a big deal. I tried out a few legit carts and the main menu comes up perfect so it's definitely something to do with the multicart. But like I said, the cart works fine and that's the important thing.

I haven't played around with the multicart too much, but try holding BCD immediately after selecting a game.

Mr. Zurkon

Zero's Secretary
Sounds good so far, I'll definitely be getting mine from hollandcomputers, $90 shipped is a great price.

ChopstickSamurai

I got my cart today from Holland Computers and played around with it a bit tonight. It does indeed work with the Omega and UniBIOS 3.1. I've barely scratched the surface, but so far it's worked just fine but it does fit very snugly into the Omega.

Also, Holland Computers shipped very quickly via Priority Mail and I had the
multicart within three days. This is my first time dealing with them, and I'm totally satisfied.

Now just to find the time to play all these games! :)

Mr. Zurkon

Zero's Secretary
That's great to hear! I just placed my order with them this afternoon, so hopefully by this time next week I'll have my multicart as well and can start playing the hell out of it :D

Ben Richards

New Challenger
Ok, excuse my noobness, I would love to get a omega and the 161 cart, so if I was to get both, they would work without any further modification or change? I am underachiever when it comes to the programing and changing around things like bios and all. Thanks!

SSS

neo retired
I have no issues with the multicart and newest unibios.

You select game from menu. Let it load. You can then press start+select to bring up the in game unibios menu. If you select soft reboot and immediately hold ABC you'll go to region setup. Or you can hold BCD and get to selected games soft dips.

Once a game is loaded unibios behaves like the actual game cart is in there

Last edited:

Mr. Zurkon

Zero's Secretary
Just got my multicart in the mail a few hours ago, and it works without any glitches or flaws so far. So glad I got this, this will keep my MVS hunger satisfied until I can hunt down all the real carts, plus the titles I want that aren't included in the multicart.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Just got my multicart in the mail a few hours ago, and it works without any glitches or flaws so far. So glad I got this, this will keep my MVS hunger satisfied until I can hunt down all the real carts, plus the titles I want that aren't included in the multicart.

Glad you got it, it works fine for you and you are enjoying it:) I've owned this cart about a year and half now, it's nice to be able to test some games and then decide to buy them, or in the case of samsho5 special, at least you don't have to try to hunt down and pay for a rare mvs cart. There has been a lot of discussion about the this cart in the thread I linked to above. Some say that with so many choices and ease of changing games, you don't really enjoy the games you are playing and jump around to others quickly, in some cases I have to agree with that. I tend to notice that I will spend more time playing/enjoying neo games when playing on the actual carts.

also good like you mentioned mr z, is building your library around the cart. Focusing on trying to find the games that aren't on it (shock troopers, ghost pilots etc). I'm trying to collect only jp label mvs, and this cart still lets me play the games I'm keeping my eyes out for in the meantime.

all in all, it's not a bad deal, and I am a fan of it, but to me it's still a bastard and it doesn't get to hang out with the other neo carts:lolz:

ChopstickSamurai

I'm treating the multicart the same way. It's a great way to try out games on real hardware instead of emulation, and a stop gap until I can afford all the games I want. :D I've barely begun to scratch the surface on this thing.

pipes

It's definitely nice to have. I don't use it that much honestly. It's more for when I have a bunch of people over so instead of switching carts out every 5 minutes, I just throw in the multi cart and I'm done.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
That's what I use it for. When the kids come over to play, having a multicart in play will keep them from trying to get into the cab to change games and possibly get injured.