Neo Geo X Fighting Games

HemlockDrew

New Challenger
I've never really played any of these fighters aside from a game or two at the arcade back in the day. In which order should I play the games? I'm thinking about at least beating each fighter with one character. Maybe start from oldest to most recent?

Ideas?

rumbl3

In Chat With Teh Gh3ys,
Could start with the old old stuff art of fighting and fatal fury? Then move around from there

Personally first thing I did was SS2 but that's my all time favorite fighting game.

HemlockDrew

New Challenger
Get ready for some SNK boss syndrome.

Ha ha! Whisper2053, thanks for the definition.

Well, this will be good, because if I can beat an SNK boss, then I will do it........

like_a_boss_500-500x500.png

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Starting with the old stuff like the first Fatal Fury isn't a bad idea, and you can never go wrong with Samurai Shodown 2! Be prepared when you take on Art of Fighting. I love those games but MAN are they ever tough. Of course SNK boss syndrome will become a lot clearer when you actually got head to head against one!

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I echo everything Danthor said, and will raise you a 'beware of Geese' :D

HemlockDrew

New Challenger
I'm familiar with Geese Howard's ridiculousness via Capcom Vs. SNK 2. That throw! ARGH.

(insert animated gif of Geese's throw which I could not find online.)

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I'm familiar with Geese Howard's ridiculousness via Capcom Vs. SNK 2. That throw! ARGH.

(insert animated gif of Geese's throw which I could not find online.)

That's nothing, just wait until you encounter some King of Fighter bosses.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Or Mizuki at the end of SS2. But yeah, still agreed. Omega Rugal at the end of 95 still makes me hate so much. The only KoF boss I never have any trouble with is Orochi at the end of 97. I can throttle him pretty effortlessly.

rumbl3

In Chat With Teh Gh3ys,
One boss I will always remember for the rest of my life in a game not a fighting game tho (yes most neo geo bosses are unbelievable hard punch yourself in the nuts mad). King of the Monsters 2! Love that game and Hate it so so much. Can't wait for it to come to the X lol.