Neo Geo Newbie in SoCal

herbertsmart

Zero's Secretary
Howdy All,

I recently bought 2 Neo Geo MVS 4 slot machines. I played these machines in the arcades back in the day but this is my first experience owning any. I have been active in the coin-op collecting hobby for about 8 years and have a bunch of other machines. I've been active on the KLOV forums since about 2005 and now that I have a couple Neo Geo machine I figured I'd sign up here to learn about them.

Thanks for any advice!:cool:

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Welcome to Neo geo .com, "come for the games, stay for the drama". Lol. Good to see you over here too. This is really a good forum, regardless of what anyone else says, you just gotta take it with a grain of salt and not take anything too serious. Congrats on grabbing those 4 slots, this is definitely the place for the Neo. Lot's of knowledgeable people and information on all things neo geo related.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
biggest advice ever:

this place is like evil klov- be thick skinned and you will be fine.

welcome to the fold.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Welcome Herb..... now, we can do this the easy way, or the hard way....... GIMME YOUR PULSTARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

herbertsmart

Zero's Secretary
Here are pics of my machines

IMAG0068.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0069.jpg
[/IMG]
5Nf5Md5J13E73Ff3Mcc7qd91c8870a54213b2.jpg
[/IMG]
5L55Fd5Ja3Ea3K13Nfc7qbf9b6fc8f62f123e.jpg
[/IMG]
5Ff5J45Mf3Ee3K73l0c7q548aab7dc40614ad.jpg
[/IMG]
5N15Ge5Jb3Gb3L63M3c7q8316a62fb15410b9.jpg
[/IMG]
5Ke5F75H43E83Ka3Fac7q47db21bc9f3813ef.jpg
[/IMG]

Carts included are:
Art of Fighting
Top Players Golf
Baseball Stars Professional
World Heros
Spinmaster
Ghost Pilots
King of Fighters '95
Neo Turf Masters

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Those cabs look pretty clean. :)

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
Welcome and at least you didn't have a 3rd cab strapped to the roof, Romney style.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Yeah, the previous owner did a good job on the restoration.

JammaGuy

Previously I-d-o-s-k-8
First welcome! And nice investment! Woodies or not, those are beautiful cabs! Buy/sell/trade with members on here. Everyone trades MVS carts around as if its their purpose in life! Hope you enjoy your stay!

-Bill

Josh

Banned
I don't think these were restos, I believe they are HUO
You have a great finds there! Don't sweat what anyone says. It's very rare to find neo cabs in that condition. If I were you, I wouldn't trade them, plus those are a set like book ends. Get a nice little collection and leave it as it is, you need nothing more, you personally are good for life when it comes to neo geo.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Howdy All,

I recently bought 2 Neo Geo MVS 4 slot machines. I played these machines in the arcades back in the day but this is my first experience owning any. I have been active in the coin-op collecting hobby for about 8 years and have a bunch of other machines. I've been active on the KLOV forums since about 2005 and now that I have a couple Neo Geo machine I figured I'd sign up here to learn about them.

Thanks for any advice!:cool:

Nice cabs. And Welcome to the DRAMA. :)

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
You have a great finds there! Don't sweat what anyone says. It's very rare to find neo cabs in that condition. If I were you, I wouldn't trade them, plus those are a set like book ends. Get a nice little collection and leave it as it is, you need nothing more, you personally are good for life when it comes to neo geo.

I'm with this guy, those things are the bomb! You scored man.

Hawk

Crossed Swords Squire
Those are super clean hope mine ends up being that clean! Enjoy them!

herbertsmart

Zero's Secretary
I may still call the distributor to see if they would release who they were sold to originally. That way I could confirm if they are HUO or not. I will for sure keep at least one of them, but space is an issue so one may be sold. Droid PM sent your way.