Neo Geo MVS LED Marquee kits - limited numbers left

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please take a look at

http://www.neogeoledmarquee.info

I make these kits and they have been installed and tested in 2 and 4 slot upright, 4 slot big red, 6 slot wide US style and 6 slot EU electrocoin.

At the moment payment is via paypal. I need to confirm a few details about your cab before I can quote, just so you get the correct parts to fit.

A typical 4 panel kit with power and date cables sent to the US is £105

I just ordered another 120 light panels and have stock of control boards so will be ok to take any orders in a few weeks.

Last edited:

noir

Overtop Pathfinder
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Another thumbs up for these. Replaced the dying ELs in my big red with these and they look great.

XtraSmiley

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
After this run are you done or will you do a run in the future? I def want one, but won't be re-united with my Red for another 2 years. First world problems, I know!

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After this run are you done or will you do a run in the future? I def want one, but won't be re-united with my Red for another 2 years. First world problems, I know!

I just need to sell a few more kits and then I can use this to buy another batch of the led plastics which is the biggest outlay. I guess we will have to see how well the 2nd batch goes, but 2 years is a while away for me to say anything for sure.

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'd do it if i knew it would work on a neo 29.

I need someone with a neo 29 to take the top apart and take some measurements so I can see what space I have to work with and what panels will fit or if I need to make a new shape for it.

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two new orders are completed with another on the way. If this keeps up I will place the order for more of the LED plastics soon and then can look at batch no.2.
I was requested to add a port for lighting up the Neo Geo Logo so I have added this to the 2 and 4 slot boards, but at the moment I dont have any spare ports on the 6 slot so will have to look at that on the next revision of the control board.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Cab pics leejsmith posted are from my big red. He knocked this out of the park and I highly recommend purchasing this kit from him.

Looking forward to getting another for my 6-slot when I begin restoring that one later this summer.

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two more orders have shipped today and I have 18 light panels left. I just need to sell two more kits and I will order another batch of 120.

Can anyone recommend a good arcade or Neo Geo youtube channel or website I could send a demo kit to get some promotion ?

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Two more orders have shipped today and I have 18 light panels left. I just need to sell two more kits and I will order another batch of 120.

Can anyone recommend a good arcade or Neo Geo youtube channel or website I could send a demo kit to get some promotion ?

Ask Yodd.... and maybe Jibbabababbabaa....

xROTx

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0

Todd, Modernvintgegamer and Jibbs are always the go to recommendations. None of them have a big red though. John's Arcade has a big red and is constantly talking about his dim EL panels. I'd recommend hitting him up.

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Todd, Modernvintgegamer and Jibbs are always the go to recommendations. None of them have a big red though. John's Arcade has a big red and is constantly talking about his dim EL panels. I'd recommend hitting him up.

I gave up asking john months ago. I emailed, tweeted and left comments on the vids when he talked about his dim panels and he never got back to me. One of his friends That tim guy has one of my kits in his 4 slot upright and he recorded a video showing the install so I know john has seen it. I think he has a issue with LEDS in marquee's ! I will look at todd and jibbs.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I gave up asking john months ago. I emailed, tweeted and left comments on the vids when he talked about his dim panels and he never got back to me. One of his friends That tim guy has one of my kits in his 4 slot upright and he recorded a video showing the install so I know john has seen it. I think he has a issue with LEDS in marquee's ! I will look at todd and jibbs.

Yeah, it seems like the arcade stuff is fizzling out for him, but I figured it was worth a shot.

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it seems like the arcade stuff is fizzling out for him, but I figured it was worth a shot.

it's such a shame, He was the reason I got back into it and wanted to send him a kit to test but also as a thanks for all the vids and hows to's. I made my own cabs, fixed monitors and eventually designed these panels all from watching his stuff.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
it's such a shame, He was the reason I got back into it and wanted to send him a kit to test but also as a thanks for all the vids and hows to's. I made my own cabs, fixed monitors and eventually designed these panels all from watching his stuff.

Yeah, he may not be a master at all things cabs repair, but he got me back into US style cabs as well. The panels turned out great! Wish I had a big red to install them in!

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, I just placed the order for another 120 light panels. They will take a few weeks so I will work on a proper web checkout and also have a few ideas to improve the control board so it can power led strips for the neo geo logo.

XtraSmiley

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I just need to sell a few more kits and then I can use this to buy another batch of the led plastics which is the biggest outlay. I guess we will have to see how well the 2nd batch goes, but 2 years is a while away for me to say anything for sure.

Awesome, congrats on your success! I'll keep an eye on batch two and if it looks like that might be it, I'll pull the trigger!

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A big thanks to everyone that placed orders with me, If you have pictures please post or send them over. I am going to be away for a few weeks so nothing will ship , but will be checking emails all the time.

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my customers just sent me his install video of my kit. It covers what to do if you do not have a backing board and just a strip light so it's very helpful and I really appreciate him taking the time to make this.

https://youtu.be/5LiblKNzjLM

I am back and taking orders again. Have about 60 of the light guides and 100 led boards on the way so still plenty of stock.

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a quick update.

New LEDS arrived today and the PCB was released from customs so I should have those this week. Two orders shipped today and I have 3 more to complete as soon as the PCB arrive. One of the two orders is going in a Goldie so I should be able to add that to the working list of cabinets on the shop if all goes well. I also found the type of connectors used on the actual MVS PCB so I can make up new leads to match the originals that latch.