Need joystick buying help.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
that new hori is untested, but you can bet that it'll be solid

not crystal clear that the hori will have sanwa buttons, but i'm betting it will and even if it doesn't those are easily swapped

the mad catz te is great, tournament players seem to love it, i love it

can't go wrong either way, imo

J. Max

judas,
The Vewlix panel Hori looks to be awesome, but you have to realize that it's a FULL SIZE Vewlix, so it's twice the size of the TE, and likely to be around $300 + shipping.

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
What about getting one custom built mate? I never regret my purchase from arcade in a box . Everything Is made exactly how I like it and it's a monster of a stick!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The Vewlix panel Hori looks to be awesome, but you have to realize that it's a FULL SIZE Vewlix, so it's twice the size of the TE, and likely to be around $300 + shipping.

Dam, you think its going to be that much?

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
What about getting one custom built mate? I never regret my purchase from arcade in a box . Everything Is made exactly how I like it and it's a monster of a stick!

well heres the thing: im not great at games, whether im using joystick or gamepad.
so, i rather just go with a brand company stick rather than a custom made stick that could be just as much as the Hori vewlix stick. which was a good point made by J.Max. that made me realize that the Madcatz stick is right up my price alley.
sorry in advance if my logic is weird...

anyways, thanks to everyone for your helpful comments! buying that Madcatz stick now. :buttrock:

edit: checking out Arcade in a box again before buying that stick, just in case.

Last edited:

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Well pick up a mad catz or hori get a feel for them and maybe spend the time and money looking into getting a custom built stick mate. All I know is I'm not that great at fighters but love em all the same and my USB stick gets loads of use with my PC to play teh romz as well as all the games on my 360.......hurry up blazblue feb 26th can't come quick enough lol

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
Well pick up a mad catz or hori get a feel for them and maybe spend the time and money looking into getting a custom built stick mate. All I know is I'm not that great at fighters but love em all the same and my USB stick gets loads of use with my PC to play teh romz as well as all the games on my 360.......hurry up blazblue feb 26th can't come quick enough lol

same thing for me, but i don't play enough that i'd need something custom made.
the only time i'd need buttons or a stick put into something is when something would brake and need to be replaced. maybe i'll hit up someone here to install parts for me if something like that happens.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
That Vewlix panel is beautiful, but its going to be expensive as fuck. 300 dollars after shipping is being conservative I'd imagine.

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
That Vewlix panel is beautiful, but its going to be expensive as fuck. 300 dollars after shipping is being conservative I'd imagine.

hell, the madcatz stick that i just ordered came out to something like $188! thats with the lowest priced shipping, which was about $50. im lucky that this item was part of a sale that took 10 or more bucks off, otherwise it might have been a little over $200. :eek:

J. Max

judas,
hell, the madcatz stick that i just ordered came out to something like $188! thats with the lowest priced shipping, which was about $50. im lucky that this item was part of a sale that took 10 or more bucks off, otherwise it might have been a little over $200. :eek:

Why didn't you buy it from a US seller? I mean, even Gamestop carries them...

Last edited:

J. Max

judas,
Dam, you think its going to be that much?

Yes, easily. Possibly more. I think that the announced price by Hori is $318 (at today's exchange rates), plus it weighs something like 20 lbs and it's like 3 feet long, so shipping will be at least $100 from Japan. Markman was writing a bit about it at SRK...

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
Why didn't you buy it from a US seller? I mean, even Gamestop carries them...

1. they don't have anymore online at gamestop.

2. i like the color coding, and yes, i know how retarded that sounds. this is something u cant find at gamestop; store and online.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
you could have looked up what gamestops in your area had it in stock; and if any didn't you could have ordered one from your closest one.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yes, easily. Possibly more. I think that the announced price by Hori is $318 (at today's exchange rates), plus it weighs something like 20 lbs and it's like 3 feet long, so shipping will be at least $100 from Japan. Markman was writing a bit about it at SRK...

This would be the perfect stick for anyone who plays street fighter. Its pretty much a vewlix cp on your coffee table or lap. I was so dissapointed with the V3. This is what I've been looking for, but that price tag is killer.

Last edited:

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
you could have looked up what gamestops in your area had it in stock; and if any didn't you could have ordered one from your closest one.

i know, that was dumb and impulsive of me.
gotta look at the bright side tho, at least my purchase automatically entered me into a contest on play-asia.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
i know, that was dumb and impulsive of me.
gotta look at the bright side tho, at least my purchase automatically entered me into a contest on play-asia.

The non-licensed, Asian version of the TE stick that you ordered looks much cooler than the SF4 versions. I wish they would release one that was completely black, but whatever.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

I just picked one up at gamestop. $139 plus tax... ??

That was kind of impulsive of you!

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Got my pre-order confirmed for the Viewlix Hori this morning. If anyone's interested and doesn't have a contact in Japan, Shoppingmalljapan.com will do it for you. The commission to do it was 10 bucks.... I was expecting much, much more considering auction commission prices.

Dear jviloria,
URL : http://www.hori.jp/manual/rap_premium_vlx_order/
Commission : 10 USD
Your special order was paid.

Description:
Your requested item will be shipped in April.

Last edited: