NBA Season 23/24

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Suns tonight: 16 assists versus 20 turnovers

Eric Gordon: -27
Goodwin: +10

Goodwin is the closest thing to a point guard the Suns have, but he won't be in the rotation when Beal and Booker play.

Last edited:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
That game last night was an absolute embarrassment.

Three points in 9 minutes in the fourth quarter. FUCKING THREE.

Our bench is absolute hot garbage. But what else could one expect from a ton of players on minimum contracts?

And I agree with you Fami, the Suns are definitely missing a proper PG. Even though Chris Paul slowed the game pace to a crawl, I'm still missing him right now. This team desperately needs a Nash style floor general that's both lightning fast and a hell of a playmaker.

famicommander

15 Year Member
That game last night was an absolute embarrassment.

Three points in 9 minutes in the fourth quarter. FUCKING THREE.

Our bench is absolute hot garbage. But what else could one expect from a ton of players on minimum contracts?

And I agree with you Fami, the Suns are definitely missing a proper PG. Even though Chris Paul slowed the game pace to a crawl, I'm still missing him right now. This team desperately needs a Nash style floor general that's both lightning fast and a hell of a playmaker.
Y'all should've gone after Jrue Holiday or Dame Lillard instead of Bradley Beal.

And trading Ayton for Nurkic will 100% backfire. Nurkic absolutely cannot stay healthy. 52, 56, 37, and 8 total games over the last four seasons for him.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I'm just grateful the Wiz got to shed Beal's albatross contract. Their front office is great at giving B- players max contracts but then also great at dumping those shit contracts off and getting pretty good returns for them.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Y'all should've gone after Jrue Holiday or Dame Lillard instead of Bradley Beal.

And trading Ayton for Nurkic will 100% backfire. Nurkic absolutely cannot stay healthy. 52, 56, 37, and 8 total games over the last four seasons for him.
No way Lillard was do-able. That would have been great, and I'm sure they tried, but the trade required to make it happen was just impossible. Jrue on the other hand, maybe, but here we are.

With the way Ayton is playing so far, it looks like we traded a massively overpaid turd for a less expensive, somewhat broken turd.

8ppg with the Blazers in three games. Just....wow. Dominayton indeed. And that's with him now being a/the primary scoring option.

Sucks too because I like Ayton. He really can be a phenomenal player when his heart and mind are into it. Unfortunately he got his bag and has been on the decline since. What a waste. It's also very clear Booker was sick of his shit, and I think that's a major reason he was traded.

I'm hoping they can somehow trade for an at least serviceable backup center. They really should have kept Biyombo. He was great for his role, and the price was right.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Nugs move to 4-0. Looked gassed out there on the 2nd night of a back to back. Shot a pathetic 7/17 from the free throw line.

Jokic tied Jason Kidd and LeBron James for 4th in NBA history with 107 triple doubles. Magic Johnson is next on the list with 138.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Harden's now the Clippers' problem. Three-way trade where the Sixers get a bunch of has-beens and never was-es on expiring contracts and a couple of firsts/seconds, Clips get Harden and PJ Tucker. OKC swaps around some picks. Harden's still a good player (though certainly a shadow of his MVP-era) but you can start the clock on when he gets pissy, stops trying and starts angling to go somewhere else.

If nothing else, he can help them win a few regular season games while Paul + Kawhi are out for their inevitable 30-game injury stint. They feel like a pickup team and won't win shit so long as Kawhi is glass.

sr20det510

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Harden's now the Clippers' problem. Three-way trade where the Sixers get a bunch of has-beens and never was-es on expiring contracts and a couple of firsts/seconds, Clips get Harden and PJ Tucker. OKC swaps around some picks. Harden's still a good player (though certainly a shadow of his MVP-era) but you can start the clock on when he gets pissy, stops trying and starts angling to go somewhere else.

If nothing else, he can help them win a few regular season games while Paul + Kawhi are out for their inevitable 30-game injury stint. They feel like a pickup team and won't win shit so long as Kawhi is glass.

Clippers following the Lakers and going all in on older veterans. It hasn't worked for the Lakers and it won't work for the Clippers.

They needed to go younger.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Clippers following the Lakers and going all in on older veterans. It hasn't worked for the Lakers and it won't work for the Clippers.

They needed to go younger.
To be fair, it did work in 2020, just not now when LeBron can no longer put the entire team on his back

famicommander

15 Year Member
Clippers best shot was the bubble. They had both George and Leonard healthy against a baby Nugs squad with bad roster construction and a 3-1 series lead and they choked it away.

Bennett

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Sixers definitely got the better of that trade with the draft picks, which they can now use as trade bait. Clippers are not going anywhere, we all know that.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Sixers definitely got the better of that trade with the draft picks, which they can now use as trade bait. Clippers are not going anywhere, we all know that.
Nobody wants to play for the Sixers. All that happens if you go there is you lose in the playoffs and then Joel Embiid blames you for his chokejob.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Suns just choked a game away to the Spurs because of ball handling and turnovers... and this is with Allen, Gordon, and Goodwin as the point guards instead of Beal and Booker. Turnovers per 36 minutes, career:
Allen: 1.3
Goodwin: 1.9
Gordon: 2.2
Beal: 2.6
Booker: 3.3

Bennett

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I was checking out the Clippers reddit while bored at work. They are actually hyped for the trade and think a Harden/Westbrook backcourt is going to give them a legit shot at making it deep in the playoffs. Reality is a motherfucker, poor delusional Clipper fans, I feel for them.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I was checking out the Clippers reddit while bored at work. They are actually hyped for the trade and think a Harden/Westbrook backcourt is going to give them a legit shot at making it deep in the playoffs. Reality is a motherfucker, poor delusional Clipper fans, I feel for them.
It didn't work out for Westbrook and Harden when they were young and playing with a healthy Kevin Durant. There's no damn way it'll work out now that they're old and playing with glass cannons like George and Leonard.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Nugs won again last night but Jamal Murray left the game with right hamstring tightness. Hopefully he doesn't miss too much time. But when he left Collin Gillespie, who missed all of his rookie year last year for the Nugs with a broken leg, stepped right in and ran the first team offense. Looked confident, defended well, didn't turn the ball over, ended up +12 in 12 minutes.

Devin Booker is out for the Suns again tonight with a right calf strain. If you're keeping score that's already his third injury of the season after the left toe and the left ankle. Bradley Beal is also out once again with back spasms.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Imagine encountering these people in real life. I get anyone can post shit takes on the net (read literally any Fami sports post) but it's another level to spout some of those takes in public

Fygee

20 Year Member
Suns won against Detroit, but only because Durant put up 41.

Booker and Beal are still out. I'm getting major 20/21 Lakers vibes from this team.

They should have kept the same team from their Finals run and record setting season, with some small tweaks and a younger, talented PG to replace Paul as the starter. They had amazing chemistry, played extremely well, and despite an embarrassing playoff flameout partly due some members on the team getting COVID, had a much better chance at taking it all than this mess.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Booker and Beal are still out. I'm getting major 20/21 Lakers vibes from this team.
As someone who had to watch and try to defend this shitshow of a season, my condolences lol

famicommander

15 Year Member
Nugs win again. No Murray, no problem.

35 points, 14 rebounds, 12 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, 2 turnovers, 1 foul for Nikola Jokic. 15/24 shooting.

Fygee

20 Year Member
in-season-tournament-court-design-v0-w4439pzkeezb1.jpg

Suns in-season tournament court.

What's up with this eggshell blue bullshit? Any why wash out the purple? Our team colors are dark purple, bright orange, and black.

I get that it's based off of the City Edition uniforms from last year (which we lost most games when wearing), and I get the Native American heritage references to the colors, but could we not throw 55 years of team color tradition out the window for some faux, PR fueled representation stuff?

Let's make the Bulls blue and Lakers red while we're at it.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
And I thought the Bulls tournament court was an eyesore :eye::eye:

ng40.png

famicommander

15 Year Member
All of the tournament courts and jerseys are awful. No exceptions.