Nagorno-Karabakh War

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Only if it is a country that isn't the US or France.

the US did get a sharp reaction from the international community, especially regarding Iraq, but also with Afghanistan, but it was as sharp as Russia sending planes to Syria, military to Libya, CAR, and DRC. Can't do much without going into full scale war. So I guess we just hack each other.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Syria invited Russia to be there, not the US. We just go where we please.

Yeah.... except it was just Assad’s brutal regime that wanted the Russians there. The people who were trying to take their country back from a butcher didn’t want Russia to come in and help Assad. So maybe you should be more specific about who is asking. Who is Syria?

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Syria is still run by the Assad government. Certainly the SDF and YPJ did not ask for that help, instead they asked the US. And what do we do for them? Only hold the oil fields in NE Syria. Maybe they should have asked for someone else's help.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Syria is still run by the Assad government. Certainly the SDF and YPJ did not ask for that help, instead they asked the US. And what do we do for them? Only hold the oil fields in NE Syria. Maybe they should have asked for someone else's help.

I guess. It would have been easier for us to help those people if Russia wasn’t threatening world war 3. Hopefully when the next administration comes in there will be a Russian asset cleansing.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
It seems that this war is running on it's last legs. The Azerbajian forces have entered Shushi/a. So this means that the Azerbajian army has the high ground and can bomb away @ Stephanekart and also control the only way in or out Nagorno Karabach. Although armenian side still denies that the city is taken. We seen over the last couple of weeks that once Azerbajian claims it has taken a city/town most of the time it is right. If what the Armenian Defense says is correct Azerbajian has lost almost 8k troops which seems like an awful lot for a modern conflict. And alltough Alijev says he will welcome the Armenians in his country , I doubt that the transitsion will be peacfull seeing ass the Armenian defense force has already said that it was going to fight till the bitter end.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Yeah, Azerbaijan is winning but hasn't won yet. The MoD of Artsakh had a hart attack today. And most Artsakh officiasl have doom and gloom messages on their facebook.
Azarbajian keeps saying that they won't hurt civillians but since they have been bombing the civillian centers non stop nobody really believes them.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
This is going to likely result in a strange conversation between Moscow and Yerevan, where Moscow expresses their belief that Armenia will never be attacked by Azeris or Turks so long as it’s part of the Russian Federation. Moscow will offer them status like Chechnya, self governing.

https://sputniknews.com/amp/world/2...ion-of-hostilities/?__twitter_impression=true

At least the fighting is over. But if Armenia doesn’t allow itself to be annexed, I have a feeling that Azeris will restart hostilities.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
This is going to likely result in a strange conversation between Moscow and Yerevan, where Moscow expresses their belief that Armenia will never be attacked by Azeris or Turks so long as it’s part of the Russian Federation. Moscow will offer them status like Chechnya, self governing.

https://sputniknews.com/amp/world/2...ion-of-hostilities/?__twitter_impression=true

At least the fighting is over. But if Armenia doesn’t allow itself to be annexed, I have a feeling that Azeris will restart hostilities.

Would you be able to link any sources that address this proposed annex? I couldn't find anything.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Russia’s annexation of Crimea, their constant harassment of Georgia, Transnitria’s status.

Putin has never gotten over the fall of the USSR.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member

Nah , Azeri just want their land back, they lost to much in this war. I think this is the end of the dictatorship of Azerbajian. After the initial euforia over the victories and the return home after 30 years. People wil again start to focus on the economic downturn and the lack of democracy. In the end it wasn't to clever of Azerbajian to defeat the big bad wolf Armenia.

As for the peacedeal: Armenia still has Nagorno Karabach and the lachlin corridor guaranteed for the nexr 5 years by russian peacekeepers. They have to return the land that isn't part of Nagorno-Karabach. The only thing that I'm unclear of is if Azerbajian keeps the parts of Nagorno Karabch which they conquered in 2016 or the parts they gained now like Hadrut.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Nah , Azeri just want their land back, they lost to much in this war. I think this is the end of the dictatorship of Azerbajian. After the initial euforia over the victories and the return home after 30 years. People wil again start to focus on the economic downturn and the lack of democracy. In the end it wasn't to clever of Azerbajian to defeat the big bad wolf Armenia.

As for the peacedeal: Armenia still has Nagorno Karabach and the lachlin corridor guaranteed for the nexr 5 years by russian peacekeepers. They have to return the land that isn't part of Nagorno-Karabach. The only thing that I'm unclear of is if Azerbajian keeps the parts of Nagorno Karabch which they conquered in 2016 or the parts they gained now like Hadrut.

If Azeris are just going to get the land outside of Nagorno Karabakh that’s a different story.

But keep an eye on how Moscow interacts with Yerevan from here on out. I am confident that Russia will try to bring Armenia back in, and then target Georgia again. Remember Saakashvili’s warning to the world regarding Russia’s behavior. Nothing has changed for the better.

https://youtu.be/t04CV4e7HVY

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Well... Shusha or Shusi is a city inside the autonomous region and I think that ones lost to Azerbajian. They really made a point of winning back that city, it always was a majority Azeri City even though it was inside the autonomous region. It is also very obvious that deal was made a day after this city fell. This really is the best that could have happened. Armenians could have fought to the death but what then ? They would have lost anyway because they are much poorer then Azerbajian and Russia wasn't inclined to help. At least now they still have some independence and their lives and are protected by peacekeepers from Russia.
Russia fucked them in the butt but hey that is how russia rolls. Turkey is retreating in Idlib, you can bet your ass that deals where struck in advance . The only question remains is did 10k people have to die because of it?

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
This is a pretty resounding defeat for Armenia. I would say the positive right now is that at least for the moment no more soldiers and citizens will die fighting an unwinnable war. But still the country remains in a precarious position; weakened, surrounded by enemies, dependent on Russia. I hope for the best for them, but its going to be a tough go.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The current leader will be forced out. Too bad, since he was good on everything else. Now we can look forward to the previous shitarded administration taking over Armenia and returning it to shithole status.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Azerbaijanis are Azeris. They have strong links in language, and it’s understood that Azeris are Turkic. Also, Azerbaijan wouldn’t have done shit without Turkey helping.

Yes, I'm aware of this.

I just think championing unrest/war/death is for losers. Especially when it's in the name of a pan-anything "empire".

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yes, I'm aware of this.

I just think championing unrest/war/death is for losers. Especially when it's in the name of a pan-anything "empire".

It’s not for an empire. If anything it is strategic. The otherwise good government in Armenia is about to get kicked out over a conflict that they completely miscalculated, particularly miscalculating their Russian support. The Armenian people will watch as the old shitty government comes back - I’m calling it now. And this will mean tighter relations with Russia, even though the Armenian people are hating on Russia today.

Spheres of influence. America didn’t do shit to protect the Armenians. And maybe no one from the west could, as Turkey are members of NATO.

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
@andsuchisdeath

the Turan empire? no that's just stupid trashtalk. Looking forward to Azeris being able to return to their places after 30 years? yes.

people seem to forget that Karabağ is Azeri territory... and not because Azerbaidshan has more fire power but actually officially accepted.

people also tend to forget the progroms and mass murder by Armenia against Azeri civilians which also had a huge impact on the hatred on both sides..

is a war stupid? yes - is a war sometimes necessary to protect a countries territorial integrity? absolutely.

else you'll find yourself sooner then you think on a little boat or hurdled up in a truck on the way to some country as a refugee where people will spit and hate on you...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
@andsuchisdeath

the Turan empire? no that's just stupid trashtalk. Looking forward to Azeris being able to return to their places after 30 years? yes.

people seem to forget that Karabağ is Azeri territory... and not because Azerbaidshan has more fire power but actually officially accepted.

people also tend to forget the progroms and mass murder by Armenia against Azeri civilians which also had a huge impact on the hatred on both sides..

is a war stupid? yes - is a war sometimes necessary to protect a countries territorial integrity? absolutely.

else you'll find yourself sooner then you think on a little boat or hurdled up in a truck on the way to some country as a refugee where people will spit and hate on you...

The pogroms were more one sided than that, and they were the reason that Armenians concentrated in NK during the time of the soviet union. The Territory was Azeri for less than 100 years. Before that, the Armenians lived there, but were displaced by the Azeris. Then they moved back. It is almost reflective of Israel, except without the zionism, or the crushing firepower of the American military. NK is what would have happened to the Israelis if they were left to their own devices.

Another issue is that the fighting in the 90s happened not because Armenians lived in NK, but because they voted to be part of Armenia, and this angered some Turkic people to no end. I don't know who convinced Armenians to start up this talk again in recent years, but the current fighting was a slow burn for 26 years, with soldiers being killed on both sides. This year Turkey got involved because they have always had a grudge against Armenians, going back before their genocide of Armenians a hundred years ago. And so it continues.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The Territory was Azeri for less than 100 years. Before that, the Armenians lived there, but were displaced by the Azeris. Then they moved back. It is almost reflective of Israel, except without the zionism, or the crushing firepower of the American military. NK is what would have happened to the Israelis if they were left to their own devices.

Right