My new neo-geo website

obsessivestu

Overtop Pathfinder
Just thought i would post to let you guys know...i've made my site into a bit of a neo-geo dedication site. I should warn that i have very poor web design skills.....so my site is very basic, but it works (for me anyways). I have to add that i have spent an absolute crapload of hours on making this site......so i really hope it will be useful.

www.boredstu.com is the url

Basically what i wanted to do was provide a useful, easy to read resource for MVS games, hardware and cabinets.

So far i've managed to get scans of all of my cart PCB's for identification of botlegs/legit carts etc, all my cart labels (JP and ENG labels), some of my kits and some game snaps. I have over 110 carts so i have a whole bunch of info on the site already. Making game snaps in mame is a mega time consuming job as well :( So i haven't finished all those yet. I still have around 30 JP and ENG MVS kits i need to photo for the site to.

I've managed to scan and document all my MVS motherboards as well. I made a table of all the connectors and what they do (to the best of my knowledge), so hopefully it will be a useful resource to someone. Except for my 6 slot, that will be done in the next few days. I only own 4 types of boards so i will need to buy the other before i can do them. Unless someone can give me some good scans of the PCB's :)

The cabinets and BIOS sections aren't done yet. I only have 1 LAI 6 slot cab here so for now that will be all that goes on there. I will be pretty much fully disecting the cabinet with ALOT of pics so everyone can see what makes it tick.

NOW.....i'm going to need some help from the community to maybe provide some of the missing content....however i'll make another thread about that. NONE of the content has been leeched from anywhere, the whole thing has been done from my collection. (aside from the mv4f manual, that was given to me by a member here....i am not sure of the original source but thanks to him and if he wants it to be taken down from my site then an email will have it done)

Here's my Road map

1. Add all game snaps - DONE
2. Get the rest of the cart labels and PCB scans
3. Start getting kit pics
4. Scan all motherboards and document various connectors
5. Add more info to games and hardware sections in the form of a FAQ.....cleanign carts, bootleg ID etc etc, just all kinds of info that gets asked alot.
6. Add my cabinet to cabinets section.
7. Add bios info to bios section.

Basically that's what i'm looking to do....

I'm interested to hear what you guys think....good? bad? criticism's? Would anyone be willing to help out with some pictures/scans or whatever that are needed?

Last edited:

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
I think it's always nice to have another Neo site up and running, especially one that is kept up and maintained.

It has a very old school feel to it too (probably like you said, your design skills ;)), and I think that's perfect for a Neo site. Kind of like this forum, classic and classy.

Good work man, it's great to see more info added to the scene.

Keep it up!

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
yuk why do ppl destroy a perfectly good idea with watermarkings

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Good stuff - I like the game pages with screens and both japanese/english title screens as well as MVS label/PCB pictures. I dno't know if any of the screenshots etc over at ngfl would be useful to you, but if they are then I wouldn't mind if you used them, as it might save you time with taking your own screenshots.

I'll mention your site over at neogeoforlife.com on my next update, or feel free to come over and submit the link/post about it on the forum - if you would like to trade links or something then let me know. Keep up the good work! :buttrock:

Kaz

Last edited:

tony starks

Starks is always out.
qube said:
Why, it's a Neo Geo site?

Exactly my broski.

Nice site though, me likes. As Kaz said there is quite a lot of good stuff at NGFL that you may want to check out.

Starks out.

obsessivestu

Overtop Pathfinder
@kazuya - thanks for the offer to pinch the snaps kazuya, i already snapped all the games last night though :) I didn't know of your site :) very nice resource.

@fish_monger - www.sega-naomi.com is pretty good for naomi stuff, they have cart/gd pics etc so i dare say i wont be adding a naomi section, and again the reason i chose neo is because i have teh resources at hand to make a large portion of the site...same with atomiswave, but that won't be getting made for a long time yet. neo is my main focus.

@werejag - i'm glad you like it

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Nice site. I like the english and jap title screen pics. The pcb pics are great too.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
@werejag - i'm glad you like it

no its cheapens the site and distracts from the content. its like intos for warez groups back in tthe bbs days. its a worthless idea.

thanks for misunderstanding

Last edited:

obsessivestu

Overtop Pathfinder
Update 17/3/2008:

Added MV6 MVS 6 slot motherboard page
Added MV1FT MVS single slot motherboard page
Added around 20 game kit pictures
Added 3 more cart labels
Some general site clean up

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Pas said:
Site down already?

LOL you know neo geo sites come and go but 1 has stood the test of time.............

it was a nice site though, if OP has poor web design skills mine would have stick
figures comapared to it.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Excellent work! I like the information on the MVS games, labels and screenshots are real nice specially for insert making using actual clean screenshots adds a lot more flair to this.

Saved!

qube said:
classic and classy.
Two words that can only mean one thing; Neo fucking Geo!

Last edited:

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
What program do you use to make the site? I like using Dreamweaver.

Good job by the way.

Last edited: