My MVS is looking good again! (Pics)

MVS-NYC

n00b
Some of you might remember me from last week. I bought my first MVS on Ebay and got her home from New Milford CT to NYC on Sunday. I initially had a problem with getting the cab up my attic "L-style" staircase. The only way up was to cut 7 inches off the back of the cab (don't worry, it's an Atari cab and I don't care for it much). Once I took the CRT out the weight wasn't that bad either. So I got it last Sunday and it finally made it upstairs by last Tues. With in 4 days I got her back into presentable shape. I'm very happy with the outcome, this being my first cab and my own 2 hands :)

How it looked when i got it:
DSC00930.jpg

DSC00939.jpg

Putrid rotten soda lie beneath a cracked plexi-glass cover, held on by tired rusty bolts.
DSC00931.jpg

The weakest monitor frame I ever seen. It's the back of a "Twin Cobra" frame that was spray painted black, ugh!
DSC00938.jpg

Hey look, this cab once held residence to Konami's Double Dribble!
DSC00961.jpg

And after 4 evenings of work (after work), this is her now
DSC00971.jpg

Dude gave me a new overlay with the sale that wasnt listed in the auction, Nice surprise!
DSC00973.jpg

Not the biggest monitor at 19" but it works!!
DSC00978.jpg

So all in all it was a fun experience that was very rewarding. The bill go's something like this

1 - Atari cab w/ Licensed Romstar conversion kit (MV-1) + new overlay + 5 Official MVS games (no boots)
The Last Blade
Bust a Move
Samurai Showdown II
Kabuki Clash
Blazing Star --->(SOLD)
$260.00

Gas - $20

Plexiglass - $12.00

Alen head bolts - $8.00

qt of flat black paint - $8.00

Beer - In house

Total $308.00

When comparing the cost to a real MVS cab + $250 shipping I am very happy with my purchase. :D Plus I would never have the nerve to saws-all a MVS cab in half :shame:

Last edited:

black_7

Fio's Quartermaster
Looks great man... You did well. Nice line-up of games, decent restoration. You should have a whole 'lotta fun!

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
That's awesome, man! Looks SO much nicer than when you bought her!

PS, if you have any interest in trading off any of these 3, lemme know via PM:
The Last Blade
Bust a Move
Kabuki Clash

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
Nothing's wrong with a 19 inch as long as it's in good shape. Atleast you have it in the corner, only real work you had to focus on was the panel and cleaning.

MVS-NYC

n00b
Nothing's wrong with a 19 inch as long as it's in good shape. Atleast you have it in the corner, only real work you had to focus on was the panel and cleaning.

Thanks guys. All the hardware works without a hitch. Since I picked her up she turns on and plays flawlessly :). About the monitor, the only issue I seem to have with it are some thin white diagonal/horizontal lines that I can see ONLY when the screen is black. Like on a dark loading screen or something. They don't interfere at all during game play, I just hope this doesn't mean something worse is coming. :scratch:

Last edited:

chewurface

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I've seen those lines on my monitor too...adjusting the contrast made them go away.

black_7

Fio's Quartermaster
I've seen those lines on my monitor too...adjusting the contrast made them go away.

Yeah, those are most likely lines that will go away when you adjust the "screen" or "focus" dials on the monitor. I recently had problems with mine that adjusting the dials fixed. But if the problem is as minescule as you say I wouldn't even bother it.

MVS-NYC

n00b
Yeah, those are most likely lines that will go away when you adjust the "screen" or "focus" dials on the monitor. I recently had problems with mine that adjusting the dials fixed. But if the problem is as minescule as you say I wouldn't even bother it.

Yea, exactly. She's in the corner and a bitch to get out with the heat pipes in front of it so... And I'm not all that picky. I'll leave well enough alone. Thanks.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Hey man that's a nice simple, neat and classy conversion, I believe that was a root beer tapper or one of them williams cabs, so considering the obstacles you did great!

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member

Awesome! Great info! I was just wondering how to solve the same problem with mine earlier today.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Nice work. Looks really good. Have fun with it now!