My in game style art( 5 images)

KzerXtreme

n00b
These are pics that I drew by looking at real kof sprites as a guide, I am progessively getting better , but i'm not claiming to be great. I couldn't imagine animating, even though 'id love to make a fighting game.

kof2.jpg

hyeo2.jpg

hyeo_stand1.jpg

these 3 pictures show an evolution of a guy i made, with the last one being unfinished, but the newest one i've done.

kof1.jpg

kof3.jpg

these last 2 are guys i made for people's fan made characters on kofonline.

KzerXtreme

n00b
Actually it's a good thing you gave me that feedback, now i know not to continue trying, I'm giving up 2d Art.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
KzerXtreme said:
These are pics that I drew by looking at real kof sprites as a guide, I am progessively getting better , but i'm not claiming to be great. I couldn't imagine animating, even though 'id love to make a fighting game.

kof2.jpg

hyeo2.jpg

hyeo_stand1.jpg

these 3 pictures show an evolution of a guy i made, with the last one being unfinished, but the newest one i've done.

url]

kof3.jpg

these last 2 are guys i made for people's fan made characters on kofonline.
That's fckin' excellent dude!!! Keep it up! I did the same thing when I used Deluxe Paint years ago and got pretty good at it!
You'll continue to improve!! BELIEVE ME
DON'T STOP!! I would not be telling you this if I did'nt believe it was good! Don't get discouraged...
-BB

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I forgot that once you get it down,you'll never forget how to do it either.
The head and the arms could use some improving as they are abit out of proportion but it will all fall into place as your mind's eye gets stronger.
-BB

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
They're a little "flat" looking to me (but that may just be because they're sprite-based), but overall they look pretty good. Try to get some more detail into the faces, as some of those look pretty basic and almost NES-ish.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
2 cents

not bad [not good either, but you have to start somewhere] Your technique for the sprites looks fine, its your skill that needs work [anatomy, etc] Buy some books. "Dynamic Figure Drawing" is a great book "Anatomy for the Artist"....or if you are interested only in asian style game art....get some "how to draw anime" books. www.animebooks.com [i think thats the URL] has an abundance.

draw every day! practice practice practice [you can only get better]

pixeljunkie

GunstarHeroblack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
KzerXtreme said:
Actually it's a good thing you gave me that feedback, now i know not to continue trying, I'm giving up 2d Art.

KZER X...you gotta focus......yes they are weak...- IF you love drawing and its a passion of yours, DONT GIVE UP........On the constructive side, forget about the whole deal with Creating "fighting" Characters for now, that will come later-You gotta start off with some Basic Skills.

To RAPIDLY Increase your ability to draw in general- with anything- it takes PRACTICE and Patience. the Latter, I know many people dont have but Trust me in the end its worth it-especially with drawing the human body-

I dont know what kinda facilities you have where you are but getting to an art studio, and finding out about going to some "Life drawing classes" really would increase your skills Dramatically.- Then with your creative side you can apply the life drawing to your character designs- (Practice.....Practice...practice.......)

greyimp

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
It's funny how most of the people who say stuff like this is crap probably couldn't do it themselves worth shit! :cool:
Like the other POSITIVE feedbacks wrote: Just keep it up. Those pics look very, very promising!! I would very much like to see more of your stuff in the future.
:D :D

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
greyimp said:
It's funny how most of the people who say stuff like this is crap probably couldn't do it themselves worth shit! :cool:
Like the other POSITIVE feedbacks wrote: Just keep it up. Those pics look very, very promising!! I would very much like to see more of your stuff in the future.
:D :D

Ok fine. Advice.

Dont use photoshop paint brushes to fill in space on your sprites.

Theres a tip.

KzerXtreme

n00b
I appreciate all the positive and negative feedback, I shouldn't of jumped the gun about quitting, but I figured I couldn't ever draw good enough, I guess I was in a rare mood, which won't happen again.
I basically wanted to make some 2D games, as I am almost done a half-life mod that i worked on with 2 other people. I really love 2D and would like to make a variety of SNK style games,including fighting, I even had an idea where you could create a custom fighter and customize what outfit he wears from gloves hats etc and what moves they have and make it a turn-based 1-on-1 multiplayer game. Anyways, I recently went back and tryed to finish my one guy and I came up with this
hyeo.jpg

If I try to do another person again, I will attempt to draw in a style from a series people think looks better then KOF, like MOTW or SF3.

seba_boi

Terry Bogard's Taylor
You can buy one of those Artist figures... Y'know, SNK/Capcom/Namco people don't just draw objects out of thin air you know... Prob'ly 99% of them uses references... I use 'em myself...

T

Terry Watts

Out of so many edits I've seen, you've one of the best, why give up?