MvC2 possibly coming to 360/PS3

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
beats a kick in the ass i guess

but we really need an online version of 3rd Strike for that triple mang

CrackerMessiah

Fu'un-Ken Master
Didn't Capcom lose the license with Marvel?

I'm gonna wager that the loss of the Marvel license didn't pertain to existing properties that Capcom had developed, but rather new properties that followed, like Rise of the Imperfects. I'm no intellectual property lawyer, but I suspect that Capcom is free to do what they please with their pre-existing work, provided that there isn't any agreed-upon bar between it and Marvel.

Fun news nonetheless. Just wondering about the anecdotal musings of people who claim that the D-pad on the 360 controller is imprecise enough to hinder the experience.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
As much as I hate MvC2...which is quite a lot...I'd prolly purchase it if it comes out on PSN. If wildly popular fighters like this (face it, as bad as the game is, it got a flippin ton of play) dont sell on PSN/XBLA, then we wont see better fighters like Third Strike pop up. The more exposure classic fighters get, the more they sell, the more we will see. Simple business. May as well start with something familiar to gain exposure.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
beats a kick in the ass i guess

but we really need an online version of 3rd Strike for that triple mang

You really are the best member on the site. I'd love to play online against you dudes in 3rd Strike. (I'd probably get my ass whopped hard, but it'd be fun)

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
WOW I already had the us PS2 ver of MVC2 since december 2001.

B-oring.

Darren870

Previously Lusted for Lard
I'm gonna wager that the loss of the Marvel license didn't pertain to existing properties that Capcom had developed, but rather new properties that followed, like Rise of the Imperfects. I'm no intellectual property lawyer, but I suspect that Capcom is free to do what they please with their pre-existing work, provided that there isn't any agreed-upon bar between it and Marvel.

Fun news nonetheless. Just wondering about the anecdotal musings of people who claim that the D-pad on the 360 controller is imprecise enough to hinder the experience.

Yes this is how the game was released on the xbox..the license didn't pertain to existing properties...

However the xbox version was NOT on xbox live because Marvel considered it a "NEW" game and Capcom no longer had the rights to the Marvel series.

So who knows if this will be online. I'm hoping but at the same time I really doubt it...

Kiken

Camel Slug

Given that Capcom have been hinting at bringing MVC back in some form or another, I'd figure that they've probably renegotiated their contract with Marvel (at least in part).

Those people need to man the fuck up and buy a joystick.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Marvel VS Capcom 3 would be awesome, but only if they slow it down a tad, and fix the damn Assist feature.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Marvel VS Capcom 3 would be awesome, but only if they slow it down a tad, and fix the damn Assist feature.

Yeah, but if they did that, the wiggers that make the game's competitive scene would shit themselves. They are already annoying enough. I don't need them reeking of human feces.

And yet, still no signs of Vampire Savior (Darkstalkers 3), Rival Schools or Cyberbots on either XBL or PSN...

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
There was another company working on a Marvel fighting game. For some reason all the talk just vanished. I saw them do a preview of it on Game Trailers TV on Spike last year and they game just went away like it never existed.

It looked like a cool 3D brawler idea, if you were a large character you could toss the other guy through a building and chase after him, like in the new DC Vs MK game.

I'd much rather see them do another Marvel stand alone game. I loved X-Men and Marvel Super Heroes but after MvC 1 it got way too many characters and when I saw people playing it, I got out of it.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member

Yes, that's right, fit in with the peers.... gimme a break, people. If you don't like something, get over it that others do. For me, I think it's a really great game. I will admit the sound track is garbage, but it's got so many characters and is super high paced. Also, for people saying it's broken, yes... it is... at a high enough level where most of you would never have to worry about such things.

But, I understand wanting to be cool, so keep shitting away!

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Yes, that's right, fit in with the peers.... gimme a break, people. If you don't like something, get over it that others do. For me, I think it's a really great game. I will admit the sound track is garbage, but it's got so many characters and is super high paced. Also, for people saying it's broken, yes... it is... at a high enough level where most of you would never have to worry about such things.

But, I understand wanting to be cool, so keep shitting away!

You say it is a great game in one sentence, then a few ones later you admit it is broken.

A broken 2D fighter is not a good game no matter how much crystal meth you smoke.

lol @ you thinking I want to be cool by saying the game sucks. Yeah that's something to want to be cool about. :rolleyes:

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
And yet, still no signs of Vampire Savior (Darkstalkers 3), Rival Schools or Cyberbots on either XBL or PSN...

Doesn't surprise me. Capcom doesn't give a crap about their fighters I actually give a damn about.

Some things truely never change. :oh_no:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
You say it is a great game in one sentence, then a few ones later you admit it is broken.

A broken 2D fighter is not a good game no matter how much crystal meth you smoke.

lol @ you thinking I want to be cool by saying the game sucks. Yeah that's something to want to be cool about. :rolleyes:

Read deeper, I said it was broken at a high level of play. Don't look now, but Third Strike suffers from the same thing, and yet I see people giving Third Strike a hand job... in this very thread.

Being a hater's cool! :annoyed:

PS: yeah, I like TS too... a game can have flaws and still be cool. TS is easily the best 2D fighter made, but mvsc2 is a great game as well. But, you guys will never come to grips with that. It's cool.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
ill talk shit about mvsc2 any day. but i know that even though im using a valid complaint (such as certain characters being broken, bullshit tiers, etc.) i couldnt back it up with any real game play experience. no one i know is good enough to do anything aside from abuse a few combos here and there. no one i know sticks to the same 3 guys because the nerds at srk found out they're top tier.

my only reasonable complaint was that the game totally changed from the previous vs games, especially the 6 to 4 button aspect.

still i played the shit out of it on dreamcast, again when it was rereleased on xbox, and recently when i got back into fighters. and im sure ill play the shit out of it when i eventually get the naomi cart.

as far as an xbla release is concerned, id be happy to see it but i doubt id play it much. i've bought almost every online fighter thats been released since xbox live started, and i NEVER play em online. just not as fun as in person.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Well, I've been wanting to get this off my chest for years now, I might as well post it now.

I have 2 major problems with MvC2, which could be easily fixed :

1. Multi levels. One of the most annoying aspects of the game is the screen constantly jumping up and down as the characters jump around, most of the time doing nothing, and you can't see your opponent.

2. Assist attacks have no delay in usage. When you use a :qcf: + Switch button, that's a normal attack which uses a super bar, and if it connects, the victim is tagged off and there is a "NO ASSIST" or whatever over his bar, and the assist cannot be used for that character. Now, I want to incorporate THIS into normal play when you use an Assist. So if you use one, you cannot use him/her again for a few seconds, instead of spamming it as soon as he/she leaves the screen.

Fixing these would make the game much, much better.

X

Y,
Xmen vs Street Fighter > Marvel vs Street Fighter > Marvel vs Capcom >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marvel Vs Capcom 2

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
I still want X-Wing vs. Street Fighter. "Hadouken!" *proton torpedo fire* "OUURRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!" *vaporize, thus preventing Ryu and Ken from polluting any more games, ever*