MvC2 possibly coming to 360/PS3

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
IS MAHVEL, BAY-BEE!! :oh_no:

I swear, this game is never going to die. If Capcom actually releases this on XBLA and doesn't bother putting out The Punisher for it, I'm going to be super-pissed.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
scoops.jpg

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Wow! There's a lot of people that'll wet themselves over that.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Meh, good news for me. Online play. Though I'll only play with folks I know as the game is broken as hell.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Online play would be nice.
I never bought the PS2 version as it costs way too much money to be worth it. I'd buy a PS3 version pending on cost.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
What a piece of shit game.

Can we just get Third Strike instead, or like some other good 2D fighter?

I'm sure Spike will be pleased about this news. :rolleyes:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I truly think the appeal of this game is the absolute insane roster combined with ridiculous cross universe/IP matchups.

Thats the appeal for me, and for many who generally don't play fighting games. I can't comment on the balance of the title because I don't purport to even be at that level of play. It's a fun, casual game for me.

But it makes sense for Capcom to release this game again.

The fucker practically prints money for them.

If it doesn't have online play though then that is retarded.

I just hope that somehow, some way, this means Capcom can release older titles with Marvel licenses attached to them.

Mostly though, why the fuck isn't Knights of the Round on XBLA?

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
Mostly though, why the fuck isn't Knights of the Round on XBLA?

fuck that, i want a 3 player remake of Final Fight...and fuck the haters, i love me some Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

also, many reports and rumors (but mainly rumors) about MvC3 being made since Tatsunoko vs. Capcom isn't coming to the U.S.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
fuck that, i want a 3 player remake of Final Fight.

also, many reports and rumors (but mainly rumors) about MvC3 being made since Tatsunoko vs. Capcom isn't coming to the U.S.

Hey, i'm all for any beat'em ups.

You'd think Capcom would throw the ones onto XBLA that don't use IPs owned by other companies.

My hope is that the release and success of Castle Crashers and Mega Man 9 shows that there are gamers out there (new and old) who desire to play more traditional games.

Of course, my primary concern is w/ beat'em ups. I just think castle crashers proved you could do a good beat'em up that was consistent with contemporary expectations on graphics and playability. Castle Crashers retained the greatness of previous games in it's genre but didn't feel limited in its scope because it wasn't just another 2-button beat'em up.

If anything though, Castle Crashers should make Capcom realize they need to do anything and everything within their power to release the CPS2 D&D titles.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
fuck that, i want a 3 player remake of Final Fight.

One day, we can hope that Capcom will do that to make everyone forget about Final Fight: Streetwise...

I'm not sure why they haven't tried bring out some of their non-licensed beat-em-up's yet. They are all ripe for the picking.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
All I ask is that Capcom release Marvel Superheroes. Then I will be happy.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
This'll look even jaggier on a HDTV awesome.

MVC3 please. Hi Res too.

payment_due

Arcade Trading Room Troll? Well its about damn t
I always liked Marvel Vs Capcom 1 better. It was still pretty insane, but not as crazy as mvc2.

ShmengeTravel

Mature's Make-up Artist
Yeah really, what's up with MvC3? Didn't they say it was coming out? And now this? It makes me think this was what they were talking about.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Didn't Capcom lose the license with Marvel? Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Tatsunoko vs. Capcom turn into some form of Capcom All-Stars, like the ill-fated 3D game. TvC itself looks sweet, even if the roster does mostly look like garbage.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Didn't Capcom lose the license with Marvel? Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Tatsunoko vs. Capcom turn into some form of Capcom All-Stars, like the ill-fated 3D game. TvC itself looks sweet, even if the roster does mostly look like garbage.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom does look cool. In a casual fighting game kinda way. Although I do not like how the button layout is light, medium, hard, and tag. So you basically have no idea if you are throwing a kick or a punch. But I guess with these kind of games it doesn't really matter :loco:.

Oh and I think MvC2 sucks. Too much crazy shit to keep up with. So I don't really care one way or the other if it comes out on XBL.

Last edited:

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Yeah really, what's up with MvC3? Didn't they say it was coming out? And now this? It makes me think this was what they were talking about.

Wouldn't this make you think they are priming the market to sell them MvC3 directly afterwards? They wouldn't be able to do it the other way around. :spock:

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
It's the mother of all boring-ass fighting games, sporting the worst soundtrack and the most busted roster of all time. That said, it makes every drop of sense to re-release it given what it fetches on eBay now. Good business decision for a shitty game.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
I'd have played a lot more with it, had it not had ear bleeding horrible music.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
Good news I guess. The game has a ton of stuff to mess with and really lends itself well to casual play. I'd pick up a re-release cause I sold my xbox version a long time ago and regret it.

Matt