MV-2FS ???

NeTaXe

New Challenger
Hi,

What does the S mean in the board type name??

I have 2 boards, one is a MV-2F and the other is a MV-2FS..

The only difference I can see is that the SFIX and SM1 ic's on the FS board are eproms.

Any more info?

EVIL NICK

ALL CAPS,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by NeTaXe:
<strong>Hi,

What does the S mean in the board type name??

I have 2 boards, one is a MV-2F and the other is a MV-2FS..

The only difference I can see is that the SFIX and SM1 ic's on the FS board are eproms.

Any more info?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I've never heard of an MVS-2FS...

NeTaXe

New Challenger
Well, it does exist.

I have seen 2 boards now of this type.

Nightmare Tony

*Account control passed, on to Tony's family.Ex Ro
S stnds for Spanish. It was made for Latin American countries. There was also an MV1FS as well ages ago. The grid screen outer border should be a dark blue...

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Nightmare Tony:
<strong>S stnds for Spanish. It was made for Latin American countries. There was also an MV1FS as well ages ago. The grid screen outer border should be a dark blue...</strong><hr></blockquote>

I wonder about the colors around the grid because I got hold of a USA bios and the color was yellow. Saying that in another USA bios I found somewhere it was a kind of purple if I remember right. I have also seen colors blue and green in other bios dumps out there. on the net.

Do you (or anyone else for that matter) have a list of all the possible colors and what they actually relate to?

Raz

Dan Elektro

Morden's Lackey
20 Year Member
Hmm...I have an MV1FZ, but I notice that Bust-A-Move comes up as Puzzle Bobble and Magical Drop 2 plays the character speech samples in Spanish. Is this possibly one of the mythical Spanish boards? And can I replace the BIOS on this board to make it be English? I'm using it at the magazine so it would be nice to have it use US names and US terms.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Dan Elektro:
Hmm...I have an MV1FZ, but I notice that Bust-A-Move comes up as Puzzle Bobble and Magical Drop 2 plays the character speech samples in Spanish. Is this possibly one of the mythical Spanish boards? And can I replace the BIOS on this board to make it be English? I'm using it at the magazine so it would be nice to have it use US names and US terms.
I've got the MV1FZSB-2.

I can change the language on some games from spanish to english (you can read some quality spanglish by the way) by tripping the first dip switch and selecting the language on the menu. I'm not sure if that option is available in all games, though... but figure it would be.

Asure

Captain Dick,
Dan, you can swap the bios probably with any neo-bios chip :)

I swapped the eprom on my 6-slot with the otp prom from my 1-slot mini, so i could update the eprom with the uni-bios :)

- Alex

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Asure:
Dan, you can swap the bios probably with any neo-bios chip :)

I swapped the eprom on my 6-slot with the otp prom from my 1-slot mini, so i could update the eprom with the uni-bios :)
The MV-1C is the only mobo where this can't be done, as it has a totally different (= smaller) type of chip.

neo_frank

Captain Shlong,
Dan Elektro:
I was wondering about this myself, dan, is the speech in magdrop all spanish for you, even when the match starts, or does that still say "ready go" My board is a 1 Slot NEO-MVH, and the grid screen has blue around the edges, so does that mean it actually has a bios meant for latin america?

SNKFreak

Banned
All of my bios display the same blue grid screen. I've never seen yellow or any other color.

Dan Elektro

Morden's Lackey
20 Year Member
I was wondering about this myself, dan, is the speech in magdrop all spanish for you, even when the match starts, or does that still say "ready go" My board is a 1 Slot NEO-MVH, and the grid screen has blue around the edges, so does that mean it actually has a bios meant for latin america? [/QB]
I think all the speech is Spanish, but now that you mention it, I'm not sure--I will check it tomorrow. But I definintely know that when I play Magician vs World, someone is saying "Cuidado!"