MV-1C housing warping? (difficult to insert/remove carts now)

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
Not really 'tech' support, I guess, but has anyone ever see an MV-1C housing warp in any way? This one was picked up new from Arcade Shock several years ago but had a JPN BIOS on it. Aside from that, I never had any issues with the board or the housing. In fact, it was damn nice to have a NOS 1 slot!

Fast forward to this year, I installed one of NTM's NeoBiosMastas. To do this, I had to remove the housing, of course. Well, when I put it back on, carts would not go into the slot nearly as easy as before. In fact, it was so tight that I had to use a lot of force to put it in (that's what she said) and the carts would get 'stuck' where the ventilation holes were...basically making it where you'd have to put it past each vent hole and hear a sound that makes you think the cart is snapping apart.

It's crazy. I don't know why just removing it once would do this...When I look at the housing slot, it doesn't *look* bad at all, but damn if it isn't noticeable when inserting and removing carts. Damn.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I actually have an MV1C from a member here for his CMVS and it came with a housing that was doing the same thing. It was the first time I ever saw a cart get stuck by the vents in the housing by rubbing against it.

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
It's crazy - I have no idea why it would have happened. I thought maybe somehow related to the way the screws went back in, but I don't see how that would be the case, either. I can't really think of a way to fix it besides breaking it or maybe heating up the plastic a little and bending it back...but I don't think I really want to do that...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Could be from the screws but doubt it. It is weird though, even I tripped out when I got one like that. When you pull the cart out it sounds like it's doing damage when rubbing on the housing.

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
When you pull the cart out it sounds like it's doing damage when rubbing on the housing.

Indeed. I haven't noticed any damage to either the carts or the housing, but I also haven't used it much since then except to test some carts that don't work too well in my 4-slot. Regardless, I wish it wasn't like that.

94TC

Hardened Shock Trooper
15 Year Member
Mattroid, you ever think about consolizing the unit?

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
Mattroid, you ever think about consolizing the unit?

I have - many times. Just never got around to it. Though I'll admit that with this, I'm much more likely to finally do it.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
If you have the cash, the Omega CMVS is awesome. It's available as a kit.

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
Nice - I must have missed that one. Good thing about the Omega is that my two AES sticks would match it already, so that's a huge plus. Thanks, man, I just might pick one of these up!

Though I'm open to other suggestions, if there are more to be made!

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member

lol?

Yeah but paying That much for a simple case?
lol, i'm surprise people pay for that stuff.

For that price, plus the price of the MVS hardware, you can buy an AES, and still get money for a game or two

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
lol?

For that price, plus the price of the MVS hardware, you can buy an AES, and still get money for a game or two

There is a much more to it than JUST the case. It also comes with custom fabbed pcbs for the controllers and video along with several other pieces to make it fully functional. For the price of several aes games, you can get the same titles in mvs and still walk away from some change.

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
There is a much more to it than JUST the case. It also comes with custom fabbed pcbs for the controllers and video along with several other pieces to make it fully functional. For the price of several aes games, you can get the same titles in mvs and still walk away from some change.

At the moment, I don't have much interest in an actual AES anyway. I already have a fairly large MVS library and have no reason to re-buy them on AES when the cost is so great. Especially when my favorite series is Metal Slug - don't even tempt me!

Something like your Omega does interest me - I can see why the price seems high, but this would be a much simpler solution for someone like me who really doesn't have the time or effort to put into building one from scratch that will look equally as nice. I suppose I could probably find someone to help build one for less, when I already have an MV1C, but a kit like this is pretty nice. Besides, my wife wouldn't be too happy with something that doesn't look 'clean' and that would not match the other consoles, so some of the basic CMVSs out there really would cut it :p

The cost is still difficult to justify, considering I doubt I'd use it much, except for testing carts on. Regardless, I like it :)

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
lol?

Plastic molding is expensive, especially for a shell as big as the Omega CMVS. It's significantly longer than the original AES. The custom PCBs for the controller ports and video output aren't cheap either. Now consider that the Omega CMVS kit is made in rather small quantities, you have a pretty expensive package.

Shadowkn55 already said pretty much the same thing, but I added some more details.

If I had the cash and was in the market for a professional CMVS, I'd take the Omega. I like the AES appearance and plastic is always awesome. The wooden CMVS is interesting, but wood isn't my thing. I'm not a fan of high end electronics looking like furniture.

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
If I had the cash and was in the market for a professional CMVS, I'd take the Omega. I like the AES appearance and plastic is always awesome. The wooden CMVS is interesting, but wood isn't my thing. I'm not a fan of high end electronics looking like furniture.
The wood one is pretty neat, and would probably go well with all my IKEA crap, but I can't justify the price at all. Especially when the sticks are $200 a pop. Nice package overall and I'd love to have one, but I just don't have that kind of spending cash for something like this. Are there better pics of the Omega someplace? I'd love to see one in action, too. I suppose I should search the forums before asking, really :p

Nightmare Tony

*Account control passed, on to Tony's family.Ex Ro
Small idea: possible heat damage causing warpage. Trick I think may be to melt it back (CAUTION: I have never seen or done this at SNK so this is just an idea of mine)

Get wood and cut and shape to the size of a cartridge. insert into plastic slot.

leaveplastic out where shaded but warm

might help, but might be risky. tis simply a thought though...

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
Small idea: possible heat damage causing warpage. Trick I think may be to melt it back (CAUTION: I have never seen or done this at SNK so this is just an idea of mine)

Get wood and cut and shape to the size of a cartridge. insert into plastic slot.

leaveplastic out where shaded but warm

might help, but might be risky. tis simply a thought though...

I was thinking heat as well, but the idea of a wood 'cart' is a good one which I hadn't thought of yet :) Thanks!