MS4 in Sept 02 GamePro

Dan Elektro

Morden's Lackey
Joined
May 22, 2001
Posts
363
I snuck in a 1/3 "preview" of Metal Slug 4 into the September issue (Tekken 4 cover) since we could not secure a reviewable copy in time. I know it says "First Look" and the game is already out in arcades, but hey, five screens and a writeup that three million gamers will see is better than no screens and no SNK mentions, right? :)

Thanks to Triueminator for the assist on this one.
 

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason,
Joined
Aug 14, 2000
Posts
2,495
Very cool, Dan.

Nice to see such things in the meanstream mags.
 

SonGohan

Made of Wood
Joined
Aug 22, 2001
Posts
23,651
That's pretty cool.. at least one mag that hasn't forgotten about SNK
 

m_bish0p

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Joined
Jul 5, 2002
Posts
858
I'm new to the board...Dan, are you a columnist or something?

cool no matter what! Now just get some hype in on SNK vs. Capcom. Put some pressure on Playmore to release it!
 

pyrokilla

Vice's grappling partner...naked,
Joined
Jan 27, 2002
Posts
2,796
Originally posted by Dan Elektro:
<strong>I snuck in a 1/3 "preview" of Metal Slug 4 into the September issue (Tekken 4 cover) since we could not secure a reviewable copy in time. I know it says "First Look" and the game is already out in arcades, but hey, five screens and a writeup that three million gamers will see is better than no screens and no SNK mentions, right? :)

Thanks to Triueminator for the assist on this one.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Good stuff man!

<img src="graemlins/mrt2.gif" border="0" alt="[Mr T]" /> :D
 

BeefJerky

SNK Guru
20 Year Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2001
Posts
9,001
Nice work Dan, I gotta pick that issue up, even though I'm not a big fan of Gamepro (I'm an EGM man myself). But they no longer honor the S-N-K like they used to. <img src="graemlins/crying.gif" border="0" alt="[Crying]" />
 

Medaka

King of the Salsa Sharks, ,
Joined
Apr 5, 2002
Posts
909
Originally posted by m_bish0p:
[QB]I'm new to the board...Dan, are you a columnist or something? QB]<hr></blockquote>

Writer/editor, GamePro magazine
 

BJMFH

Morden's Lackey
Joined
Oct 3, 2000
Posts
364
Thank you, thank you, thank you very much Mr. Elektro. You have no idea how much I appreciate this. I'd even go as far as to mail Gamepro my copy of MS4 if you guys need one to review. Hell, I'll even pay for return shipping! Thanks again!


P.S. My offer is serious, I'm not just blowing smoke up your ass! If Gamepro does need a copy to review I would gladly lend mine.
 

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
Joined
Apr 8, 2001
Posts
2,174
Sweet! I'll be sure to look for it when my copy of GamePro gets here in the mail.
 

slerch666

updyke,
Joined
May 23, 2002
Posts
8,984
Originally posted by Alkanan:
<strong>Did the neo ever have it's own magazine? (US or Japan)</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, I think was it like Neo Geo Freak in JPN (hhmmm... wonder why NGF took the name...) <img src="graemlins/spock.gif" border="0" alt="[Spock]" />
 

Megatron X

X nortageM,
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Posts
1,236
Originally posted by m_bish0p:
<strong>I'm new to the board...Dan, are you a columnist or something?

cool no matter what! Now just get some hype in on SNK vs. Capcom. Put some pressure on Playmore to release it!</strong><hr></blockquote>

It's better that Playmore takes their time on SNK vs. CAPCOM. Rushing a game is a bad thing. I want this game to be fun and good and I know that all of you want the same.
 

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2000
Posts
4,087
Originally posted by Dan Elektro:
<strong>I snuck in a 1/3 "preview" of Metal Slug 4 into the September issue (Tekken 4 cover) since we could not secure a reviewable copy in time. I know it says "First Look" and the game is already out in arcades, but hey, five screens and a writeup that three million gamers will see is better than no screens and no SNK mentions, right? :)

Thanks to Triueminator for the assist on this one.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I love you :)
 

Megatron X

X nortageM,
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Posts
1,236
Originally posted by bemanisuperstar:
<strong>Too bad Game pro is written by 4th graders</strong><hr></blockquote>

<img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[LOL]" /> <img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[LOL]" /> <img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[LOL]" />
I think it's true.
 

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Joined
Aug 16, 2001
Posts
12,871
Despite the fact that I feel MS4 blows a big floppy donkey dick, it IS good to see coverage of this game in a mainstream mag.
 

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
Joined
Oct 31, 2001
Posts
15,917
i'll have to steal my friends september issue just to read it.
 

playboycougar

Reese. ,
Joined
Dec 8, 2001
Posts
2,637
Very nice, cant wait to read it. is it some new screen shots (not the same ones we always see) or is it repeats?
 

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
Joined
Oct 31, 2001
Posts
1,965
Originally posted by bemanisuperstar:
<strong>Too bad Game pro is written by 4th graders</strong><hr></blockquote>

I don't see why you find fault in that, it just means Gamepro and your posts have a lot more in common than you thought.

I don't read Gamepro, but don't come into Dan's threads just to insult his work.

Thanks for the heads up Dan, I might actually pick up that issue. When will you have a full review for Slug 4 and a preview for RotD? :D
 

Galford Forever

Mai's Apprentice
Joined
Feb 12, 2002
Posts
1,815
Originally posted by Talen:
<strong>

I don't see why you find fault in that, it just means Gamepro and your posts have a lot more in common than you thought.

I don't read Gamepro, but don't come into Dan's threads just to insult his work.

Thanks for the heads up Dan, I might actually pick up that issue. When will you have a full review for Slug 4 and a preview for RotD? :D </strong><hr></blockquote>


Seriously. That was just an ass of a thing to say (what bemanisuperstar said) <img src="graemlins/annoyed.gif" border="0" alt="[Annoyed]" /> . I have a subscription to GamePro and I'm not at all disappointed. Keep up the good work Dan.
 

BC_Gambit

Beni,
Joined
Dec 25, 2001
Posts
936
Thanks Dan.

I acually do have a subcription to Gamepro, but I read all the other monthly mags as well.

I didn't think you were THE Dan Elektro though. Nice to see a member of the gaming media not only looking out for the little guy, but communicating it as well! :) .
 
Top