mortal kombat 9 doesn't look like complete crap. yet.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Looks so sexy!

Disturbed are the so shit, they need to fuck that music off quick, less Nu Metal shit and more stuff thats atmospheric!

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I think those screenshots look great.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
They're not really screenshots, you know. They are mock-ups.

gutsman004

New Challenger
Well,despite the seething hate for it here,I am looking forward to seeing more of this game.As long as it looks and plays more like earlier MKs and not the later ones I'll probably give this one a chance.

Kind of wish they'd reboot the series,as the storyline has gotten way,way clusterfucked and has been for some time

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
Kind of wish they'd reboot the series,as the storyline has gotten way,way clusterfucked and has been for some time

That's why the game is just called Mortal Kombat. The game's story is basically retconning MK4-7.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
the sweep hitblocks looked totally whacky, and there is way too much distance between characters at full screen. The pace of a match goes from MvC2 when up close to Sam Sho 2 when full screen.

The visuals are amazing though and the game looks like some simple fun.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
just posting here so this guy's egregiously long name isn't messing up the forum.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Change your name, it is annoying. No wonder a lot less people frequent the forums now.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I need to stop watching all these fatality videos so I don't spoil all of them. But the game looks really good, I can't wait to try it out.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Baraka better fucking be in it. Of course, I'm sure if he's not in the initial release they'd throw him into the DLC - which they pretty much have confirmed just by the shit they've been saying. And he better not look all gay like in the movie that's coming out. I want MK II Baraka or I'll be fucking pissed.

I like how the game looks so far. Reminds me of how I felt when I played MK I & II. Sure, the first game was shit, but it had some kind of charm to it. II was probably the best, followed by III, and after that, well I don't need to explain.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
The game looks like it has potential, but yeah, the pace is odd. they really need to bring back running from the looks of things so far. As far as chracters i want to see back:

Ermac, baraka, kabal, maskless sub, and shang. Boon said he expects 26 guys in the game, so really that leaves room for pretty much everyone in mkt, sans the bosses and duplicate characters.

Friendships should come back too. They really were a cool idea.shit like animalities and babalities were fucking retarded, but i donno. I liked friendships.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'd like to see a friendship where the guy walks up and punches the other dude in the mouth, then gives him a hug afterward.

TerryMasters

Galford's Armourer
The game looks like it has potential, but yeah, the pace is odd. they really need to bring back running from the looks of things so far.

I believe they've said that Dial-A-Kombos were out. Personally, I welcome the removal of the run button.

I remember hearing that they were shooting more for the MK2 style combos instead, which I never thought was slow considering how fast I'd get my ass whooped. I don't think it will be a problem. In the end, I think the run button's cons may have outweighed it's pros.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
it looks like the game has double tap forward dashes like sf4.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
it looks like the game has double tap forward dashes like sf4.

That's perfectly fine. And I disliked the run button. They just need to allow characters to get in quicker.

I hated the UMK3 combo system.

I really hope they don't use anyone post MKT, none of those designs were very interesting. MAYBE Frost, Kenshi, and Quan Chi. Beyond that no.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I would like to see Quan Chi in the game, he has held a special place in my heart ever since his MK4 leg rip fatality.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
I believe they've said that Dial-A-Kombos were out. Personally, I welcome the removal of the run button.

I remember hearing that they were shooting more for the MK2 style combos instead, which I never thought was slow considering how fast I'd get my ass whooped. I don't think it will be a problem. In the end, I think the run button's cons may have outweighed it's pros.

Every gameplay demo ive seen looks like it had dial a combos. I know they said there would be less emphasis, but theyre still in for sure.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the runs. I oersonally loved em, and the game as it stands right now looks really odd when the characters have any distance. They either need to make the jumps longer, or the hops slightly faster/further. Otherwise itll be like genny mk1 with some dial a kombos added.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
The only character I liked after UMK3 was Quan Chi, so I hope he makes a return. It would be great to fight as him in 2D. When it comes to MK I seem to like the characters everybody hates. I loved Kabal and Stryker in MK3, so I hope they come back, I want to have them tag team together as the only characters that thankfully weren't in MK Annihilation. Baraka better be back and have some gruesome fatalities.

One thing I really want after seeing all the videos out of PAX is an old announcer to make a return. The game's announcer has sucked since the game went to consoles. I really hope Ed or Steve Ritchie will come back and voice the announcer/Shao Khan again. If they really want to go back to the roots, get one of them to do the voices again and it'll be like a trip down memory lane again.