mortal kombat 9 doesn't look like complete crap. yet.

Reality Check

World Hero
This is actually a discussion about MK9. Look at the topic.

your the one who brought up the other games. Are you going to provide examples to support your statements or will you continue talking out your ass

Last edited:

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Supasaru: trying to be witty won't cover your idiocy. There's literally NOTHING broken about GG:AC, Tekken 6, or 3S. Accent Core is quite possibly one of the most complete and balanced 2D fighters ever made. Tekken 6 has absolutely NOTHING broken about it. Yes there are strong characters, but nothing to the level of T4 Jin or T5.0 Steve/Nina/Bryan shenanigans. And 3S, I can't believe you're actually trying to cite "unblockables" as the broken part of that game. 1. The unblockabales are situational 2. There's simple counters to them (don't mash tech roll to get up into the reflector). I MIGHT could have respected you a little had you given me something specific like Chun SA2, Yun Genei-Jin, or Makoto 100% stun as examples. All of which AREN'T broken. But you, the idiot you're proving to be tell me to go to fucking GameFaqs for answers? Get outta here with that BS.

And before you try to attack me and say "what do I know". I play Tekken on a national level, have done so for over 10 years. In fact I'm coming off a recent 1st place and 2nd place finish in recent tournaments and will be competing in MLG Raleigh this weekend.

So please, pretty PLEASE point me to this supposed "broke"

And since you wanna talk youtube, look up SilentSymphony vs Saisyu Kusangi Tekken6 and point out the broke. I would link it, but I'm posting from my phone. Could one of you kind gents post those for me pretty please?

Also, if this is about MK9, we can't call a game that's not out yet broken, so speculate all day.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
supasaru seems like a pretty big idiot.

That has been well-established.

Game looks like it should be damned fun for anyone who's ever been a fan of the franchise.

I'm looking forward to it.

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
Wow...this MK looks good for once. It brings back the classic MKs. Ill give this one a go for sure. Love the ending!

Supasaru

Windjammers Wonder
Nice finds, Kaphwan.

Here's my favorite quote from one of the articles...
"That's how we're going to introduce more characters. They're not going to be on the disc and you'll unlock it or something," Boon says, citing the sometimes bothersome practice of shipping supposedly downloadable content on a disc, only to pay for an unlock code later on. "You'll actually download the data."

I hate that unlock code nonsense....

If MK can do DLC right, that would indeed be amazing. I hope the new game has as much content (either launch or DLC) as Deception did.

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
Wow, I must have been living in a cave, mortal kombat 9? The last one I actually played was on n64 ( was it 4?). ugh, that was terrible.

At least this is looking fantastic in the graphics and animation, something to keep an eye on.

-edit- I really dig that in the tag mode as nightwolf is knocked out he actually falls in to the water/acid on the side, nice touch.

Last edited:

TerryMasters

Galford's Armourer
Two mock concept screens showing what the new HD Remix Collection could look like (sorry, don't know how to resize):

wi7ehd.jpg

2dglrpd.jpg

Seriously, Lightsource. Well done.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
This thread is now about people that are not fighting game fans at all.

Guilty Gear - Broken, huge fanbase, highly competitive in the day.
Melty Blood - Ditto.
3rd Strike - Completely broken in many circumstances. Unblockables? In SF? Seriously? Huge fanbase, highly competitive.
MvC2 - Completely broken in many circumstances. Huge fanbase, highly competitive.
Tekken - Mostly broken. Unbalanced. Unfinished in most iterations. Huge fanbase, highly competitive.
SSFIV - Mostly broken. Unbalanced. Unfinished. Unblockables? In SF? Seriously?
Garou - Really? Not even touching this.
Dead or Alive - Completely broken in most circumstances. Huge fanbase, highly competitive (in it's day, of course).
Soul Calibur - Completely borked, huge fanbase... I think they still play it professionally around the world, ya?

Virtua Fighter - Balanced, tuned, rarely broken. Small dedicated fanbase. Highly competitive. No media coverage.

Clearly, most of the people that have posted in this thread so far have never been a fan of fighting games at all.........

Edit: I forgot to mention - I'm buying pre-pre-preordering this game and masturbating while I do it.

Long live the B-movie-become-fighter!

IV isn't broken. The engine may not be spectacular, but there is nothing broken about it.

You're so fucking stupid it is unreal.

9 should be good for dicking around, like MKT is, but beyond that...fuck it.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
That first screen with Scorpion and Shao Khan looks pretty cool. The two Kitanas...not so much.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
All I know is STK is never going to play them because he'll hate the visuals THAT much

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
All I know is STK is never going to play them because he'll hate the visuals THAT much
No, I won't play MK HD Remix or whatever they call it because Mortal Kombat fucking sucks. They can have some free intern digitize the new character sprites from drawings he did with crayons on Denny's napkins and it wouldn't be half the insult that Street Fighter HDR was. Because in the case of Mortal Kombat, the starting point was already garbage.