MN MOMA Arcade Auction 2011

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Information has been posted here

I believe this is the same location as it has been in for the past few years.

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
Hrm. I wish they could promise that there would be badass stuff but considering how it's been the last couple times I have attended...

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Understandable. I usually just go to look and you never know when a killer deal might present itself.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
I might try and swing this. Gives me an excuse to check out MN.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Now's a really bad time for this and me, being unemployed and all. But I would LOVE to buy a 4 or 6 slot for my gaming basement I'm doing in the winter.

The thing that sucks about this auction

I will DEFINITELY be there for this, mark my words!!

Last year, I think it was tungfurue that got a kickass deal on the Neo 4 slot. There's at least one Neo every year. Last year had a Police 911 2 that was broken I would've LOVED!
They also had a broken glass Elvira and the Party Monsters pin.

Here's a visual tour of last year's games:

Edit: Damn! I can't find the video of last years, but I know someone did it.

Thanks for the link, Brad!!

Last edited:

aria

Former Moderator
Oh shit, that was today wasn't it?

I still have a cab that's out of commission without the monitor's video card... so I best not add anything until that's sorted out.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Yeah, I got the 4 slot last year...Sucks it's broke right now, I need to fix that thing!

Anyone have any pics or video of this year's auction. I'm too broke for me to go and tempt myself to buy shit I can't afford right now.

Fett

Camel Slug
Terrible selection this year!
Not one machine I wanted to bid on.
There wasn't much to note, a KOF XI, the worst MVS 1-slot conversion I've ever seen , also the worst Ms. Pac-man I've ever seen...
Sad day, better luck next year, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Wow. Thanks for the info. I'm glad I didn't make the drive yesterday, sounds like a waste of time.

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
Here I was, feeling like if I didn't go that there would be good stuff. Why can't our arcade auctions be like West Coast arcade auctions? :(

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Nothing really of note this year other than a pretty good shape Alien Vs. Predator that I would've bought had I had a job.

Lots of stuff this year, though - and there was even a working pinball machine!

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Good deals on lots of crap. Next year will be in a new location as they stated that the space has been sold. My buddy picked up a good condition foosball table for $150 but, I didn't pick up anything. There were a couple of atomiswave machines, one with KofF and the other a shooting game. Both went for under $200. Plenty of conversion crap and a crapload of touchscreens.

Aria, we need to get together again and I need to finish looking at that chassis.

Fett

Camel Slug
Anyone see how much that TX-Sector Pinball went for?
It needed some repairs, but I'm kinda kicking myself now for not bidding on it.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Good deals on lots of crap. Next year will be in a new location as they stated that the space has been sold. My buddy picked up a good condition foosball table for $150 but, I didn't pick up anything. There were a couple of atomiswave machines, one with KofF and the other a shooting game. Both went for under $200. Plenty of conversion crap and a crapload of touchscreens.

Aria, we need to get together again and I need to finish looking at that chassis.

I wouldn't know.. I didn't hang around long enough for any of the bidding. Didn't have the patience this year.
Sounds like some fair deals on those Atomiswaves, though.

Anyone see how much that TX-Sector Pinball went for?
It needed some repairs, but I'm kinda kicking myself now for not bidding on it.

It was a decent game, but it was a gottlieb. :shudder: I'd be curious to know what that went for too. It played pretty good from the two games I played of it. What repairs did it need?

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
When I played it, it had a ball not register (likely a switch issue) and I saw it kick out another ball for some weird multiball thing that wasn't actually a multiball.

I believe it went for $450, but with 20% added on (buyers premium and tax) it was too much.