MiSTer Sega CD FPGA core released today!

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
The Turbografx core updated today to support CD games as well. Makes you wonder what else is in the works.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
If you are still sleeping on this thing, you are missing out.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
If you are still sleeping on this thing, you are missing out.

I dunno, man.

I think I can save some change if I get a raspberry pi 4 and scart connector. I think the biggest turnoff to the MISter for me so far has been the setup, costs, and clunky UI.

If I'm wrong let me know. I'm not concerned with 100% accuracy when it comes to emulation. It's more of a thing I do to fuck around when I'm bored or for systems I never plan on owning ever (X6800, FM towns, CPS1/2, etc.)

gusmoney

10 Year Member
I dunno, man.

I think I can save some change if I get a raspberry pi 4 and scart connector. I think the biggest turnoff to the MISter for me so far has been the setup, costs, and clunky UI.

If I'm wrong let me know. I'm not concerned with 100% accuracy when it comes to emulation. It's more of a thing I do to fuck around when I'm bored or for systems I never plan on owning ever (X6800, FM towns, CPS1/2, etc.)

I don't think an Rpi 4 and Scart connector are anywhere near as good as a MiSTer and the price difference is not all that great.

The level of setup, I don't think to be all that different and once completed, the update and upkeep on the MiSTer is a snap. It is really streamlined.

The UI is efficiently sparse on the MiSTer. Some really good functionality is present and its readily accessible.

If your concern is not associated with accuracy then perhaps a MiSTer isn't for you but based on the above, all things being relatively equal, why not get the better product?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I don't think an Rpi 4 and Scart connector are anywhere near as good as a MiSTer and the price difference is not all that great.

The level of setup, I don't think to be all that different and once completed, the update and upkeep on the MiSTer is a snap. It is really streamlined.

The UI is efficiently sparse on the MiSTer. Some really good functionality is present and its readily accessible.

If your concern is not associated with accuracy then perhaps a MiSTer isn't for you but based on the above, all things being relatively equal, why not get the better product?

RPi4 cost: RPi4 board $50 + Scart adapter $50 + Case $10 + Power adapter (I have one) = $110

MiSTer: DE10 Nano $140 + Scart cable $20 = $160

I didn't include things like power adapter and case for the MiSTer ... did I forget anything? It seems like a proper MiSTer setup will cost 200+, right?

gusmoney

10 Year Member
RPi4 cost: RPi4 board $50 + Scart adapter $50 + Case $10 + Power adapter (I have one) = $110

MiSTer: DE10 Nano $140 + Scart cable $20 = $160

I didn't include things like power adapter and case for the MiSTer ... did I forget anything? It seems like a proper MiSTer setup will cost 200+, right?

The DE10 Nano comes with a PSU. However, there are other factors some common to both and some needed just for MiSTer. An SD card for example would be common for both and the cost associated with that.

A DE10 Nano comes standard with HDMI out so one would normally get an IO board with VGA out ($50) to convert to SCART, with all of the costs associated with that.

Last edited: