MiniMarquee professional reprint results!

Sememmon

Crazed MVS Addict
Joined
Jun 14, 2005
Posts
145
Greets~

I received my shipment of reprints from ClassicArcadeGrafix.com today of a bunch of minimarquees. First order of business? Take pics and report to you guys. :tickled: The reprint order was for (I think - can't remember exactly) 51 minimarquees. I received a few extra at 56. Unfortunately, I also received one duplicate and two I requested were not printed for some reason. I am guessing they were accidentally skipped. I have emailed CAG to ask if I could get them printed. The order I received cost me $65 + shipping. I feel it was money well spent, and works out to a cheap price per marquee.

The marquees were printed on a backlit vinyl material. On to the pictures! :buttrock:

A pic of all of the marquees.. 14 to a sheet :
IMAGE007.JPG


A close-up :
IMAGE008.JPG


The back! They are slightly transparent.. enough to let the light through well when held up to my EL panels on my cabinet :
IMAGE009.JPG


I will take pics of them in the cabinet once I have them trimmed to fit the marquee display. Some of them are slightly blurry due to the original image being lower quality, but not enough to make them unuseable imo. If it bugs me enough I might have to hunt down some higher dpi scans. The high quality scans (especialy the fan-made ones from the forums here) came out REALLY well. As far as I can tell, there is only one imperfection due to printing (a slight bubble on one MM). Overall, I think they are excellent.

So what do you guys think?
 

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2001
Posts
7,937
For 65 USD, you got a steal of a deal imo. Looks great. In regards to the PPI,the resolution should be no less than 300 but I prefer 400 just incase adjustments need to be made.
GOOD STUFF.
-BB
 

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Joined
Sep 21, 2001
Posts
7,503
Sememmon said:
Greets~

I received my shipment of reprints from ClassicArcadeGrafix.com today of a bunch of minimarquees. First order of business? Take pics and report to you guys. :tickled: The reprint order was for (I think - can't remember exactly) 51 minimarquees. I received a few extra at 56. Unfortunately, I also received one duplicate and two I requested were not printed for some reason. I am guessing they were accidentally skipped. I have emailed CAG to ask if I could get them printed. The order I received cost me $65 + shipping. I feel it was money well spent, and works out to a cheap price per marquee.

The marquees were printed on a backlit vinyl material. On to the pictures! :buttrock:

A pic of all of the marquees.. 14 to a sheet :
IMAGE007.JPG


A close-up :
IMAGE008.JPG


The back! They are slightly transparent.. enough to let the light through well when held up to my EL panels on my cabinet :
IMAGE009.JPG


I will take pics of them in the cabinet once I have them trimmed to fit the marquee display. Some of them are slightly blurry due to the original image being lower quality, but not enough to make them unuseable imo. If it bugs me enough I might have to hunt down some higher dpi scans. The high quality scans (especialy the fan-made ones from the forums here) came out REALLY well. As far as I can tell, there is only one imperfection due to printing (a slight bubble on one MM). Overall, I think they are excellent.

So what do you guys think?
very nice you got a few that are not on my site

if you need to download any high quality scans feel free to use from my site
 

Sememmon

Crazed MVS Addict
Joined
Jun 14, 2005
Posts
145
Lee Gray said:
very nice you got a few that are not on my site

if you need to download any high quality scans feel free to use from my site

Woo, thanks for the info! I may just have to do that. ;) Were there any that you needed?

The more I think about it, the more I want to do a neo geo art site...
 

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Joined
Sep 21, 2001
Posts
7,503
Sememmon said:
Woo, thanks for the info! I may just have to do that. ;) Were there any that you needed?

The more I think about it, the more I want to do a neo geo art site...

you should do a site, i love to see art work of neo geo stuff

i defo havnt got the matrimelee one, i think i can see that.

i sold a bulk load of mini maRQUees last year including the white one, something i regret doing now as took me ages to get them
 

Sememmon

Crazed MVS Addict
Joined
Jun 14, 2005
Posts
145
Woo, CAG has replied sayking they will print and send out the two marquees they missed. Nice customer service. They didn't say anything about it costing me money so it sounds like they are doing it free of charge.

Buy lots of stuff from them! =]
 

Sememmon

Crazed MVS Addict
Joined
Jun 14, 2005
Posts
145
Lee Gray said:
you should do a site, i love to see art work of neo geo stuff

i defo havnt got the matrimelee one, i think i can see that.

i sold a bulk load of mini maRQUees last year including the white one, something i regret doing now as took me ages to get them

If I'm not mistaken, the Matrimelee one was from lithy's thread here.
 

Sememmon

Crazed MVS Addict
Joined
Jun 14, 2005
Posts
145
Here are some pics of the marquee. I've 4 reprint SS minimarquees in these images. It took forever to cut/trim them...

Room well-lit with flash on camera active :
IMAGE010.JPG


Room lights & flash off. Need to trim my EL panels so they don't bleed :
IMAGE014.JPG
 
Last edited:

Sundance

Sho's Rival
Joined
Feb 3, 2004
Posts
1,441
Sememmon said:
Here are some pics of the marquee. I've 4 reprint SS minimarquees in these images. It took forever to cut/trim them...

Room well-lit with flash on camera active :
IMAGE010.JPG


Room lights & flash off. Need to trim my EL panels so they don't bleed :
IMAGE014.JPG

It almost loox brighter than an original...I wonder if that has sompin' to do w/ the lighting behind your mini marquee. I'd be curious to see how it loox lit up in my 4 slot. Can you post info on how to contack CAG so that i might buy some from him to test?
 

Sememmon

Crazed MVS Addict
Joined
Jun 14, 2005
Posts
145
Sundance said:
It almost loox brighter than an original...I wonder if that has sompin' to do w/ the lighting behind your mini marquee. I'd be curious to see how it loox lit up in my 4 slot. Can you post info on how to contack CAG so that i might buy some from him to test?

http://www.classicarcadegrafix.com

:loco:
 
Top