Metal Slug the Movie

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I thought this was gonna be about this 3 years old bullshit:

Last edited:

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy
Plenty have people have access to play it now that it is in every virtual store on every console. I just don't see it picking up. I'm 27 and gamers my age that I know just don't care about the old school games anymore.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Plenty have people have access to play it now that it is in every virtual store on every console. I just don't see it picking up. I'm 27 and gamers my age that I know just don't care about the old school games anymore.
Experience the same, so sad :(

Big Al

Rugal's Thug
Need to get Uwe Bolle in to direct this then.

Really though, as much as I love MS (which is a lot) what is the point of picking this for a movie? Even Contra would have better brand recognition surely, I just don't see this happening.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
That might be true, but usually they would just play it with the hand controller they got with their PS3, not a proper arcade stick. So it's not the same experience.
Maybe somebody should start some kind of project to get decent arcade sticks (with Sanwa/Seimitsu stick and buttons) to the masses, at a reasonable price. Nobody should have to put up with using a controller, if they're playing 2D/retro games. And retro gaming is getting to be more popular these days, although it's still a niche.

Last edited:

jason_971

n00b
I'm not sure what kind of storyline you could get out of Metal Slug, but I do know I'd go see it opening weekend.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
That kdrama site has never really reported anything accurate. So if it already wasn't obvious enough, I wouldn't buy it.

Right. If anyone actually read the article, they'd see that the only things being reported on are fanboy speculation. There aren't even any rumors, just people rattling off what ifs online.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'm not sure what kind of storyline you could get out of Metal Slug, but I do know I'd go see it opening weekend.

morden's son dies
morden goes batshit, starts rebellion
marco and tarma are sent to quell the ever-growing rebellion
end fight with morden
morden sees error of his ways
the end

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
morden's son dies
morden goes batshit, starts rebellion
marco and tarma are sent to quell the ever-growing rebellion
end fight with morden
morden sees error of his ways
the end
good, but still needs a cheap love story in there somewhere.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Just have one of the chicks, maybe Rumi, harboring a tentacle fetish and get it on with the Mars People.