Metal Slug NGPC give away Story Time

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
ok so today i hade my marketplace privaleges taken away for not contributing ive seen give away's up here so i figured i would do something nice for someone up here

i have 2 copies of metal slug for ngpc they have diff graphics so they are diff regions

the person that tells the best story about beating someone in a neo geo fighting game and having them freak out about being cheap, using overpowered chars, etc... will get a free copy of this shipped in the here in the states

if anyone participates i will prob judge them after a couple of pages unless it doesnt go that far

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
im gonna open stories to nonneo fighing games if they are really good

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I touched a street fighter machine once...my simple presence as a 6-year-old curious physical onlooker was a distraction apparently and I caused a participant to lose his match. He yelled at me, and it was then I learned to curse in two languages.

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
my dad owned a beer joint at the end of the road(he had a friend run it) growing up and they would have me up there grabbing beers and cussing when i got home

thats a good start ggallego

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
A few years ago, i heeled up the Neo-geo forums trying to get challenges to play some SF2 HDR. Eventually i ended up getting OrochieEddie to challenge me. We also ended up agreeing whoever loses will have to take pics of their dick. In the end after all the talk, the cut promos, the smoke cleared, Orochieeddie ended up dead. I challenge a few others & they too got in a body bag. As the plot twist happens i ended up getting my girl pregnant...Got banned from Neo-geo for ayear to be a dad & ended up retiring from HDR. I made my return but Orochieeddie has yet to give my reward.

The beginning
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...rice-discussion-thread/page4&highlight=rcaido

The results
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...-as-quot-Street-Fighter-quot&highlight=rcaido

Pregnancy
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?225924-I-think-my-girl-is-pregnant&highlight=rcaido

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
Def gonna take a break to read this, sounds very promising the dick that is and the banned baby

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
well so far we have 2 worthy contestants............i hope one of you has a ngpc if no one else cares to share

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I have a NGPC and no Metal Slugs for it somehow. So what the hell...

I've been playing MVC2 religiously since I was 14 (early summer 2000), and I used to enter a lot of tournaments at my local arcade. And it's not newsworthy in the MVC2 community, but my 14 to 15 year old self was sworn at, yelled at, pushed, and most commonly just called cheap, all by guys in their 40s. A lot of times, people would leave the arcade to recruit their friend to come back and avenge their cheap loss. And nine times out of ten, that friend would pick Team Scrub (Cable/Sentinel/CapCom) and just press HP as fast as he could before losing miserably. People are weird, especially in arcades, and especially to kids who are better than them at games.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Years ago I played SVC Chaos at a local Gameworks on a semi-regular basis. I had an ex-girlfriend who worked at a mall, so I played a few games while waiting for her to get out.

There was this little Mexican dude (who looked like a brown Gollum) who I saw beat people all the time. Occasionally this dude would be kicking somebodies ass and I would watch a few rounds. The little pepper-belly was a smug and gloaty winner, often grinning and finishing off people with very predictable Exceed moves. Then he would proceed to hi-five his compadre after he won and talk shit in Spanish.

Anyways, the guy had no shame in spamming moves and had a pretty predicable pattern. I refrained from fighting the guy because I could tell he was an aggressive little fellow and didn't want him in my face if I beat him.

One day however, I was forced to wait around for my GF for a longer time than usual, yeah I was pussy whipped. So I walk into Gamework and all the games I usually played were occupied. So I decided to finally take on the little Mexican dude.

I picked my best character, Terry. Hoping to beat him and play against the CPU (and perhaps beat the game). He picked Iori and spammed this projectile and uppercut moves so blindly that I beat the shit out of him. He got so mad his eyes starting twitching and going all glazed and googly. He said some foul shit in Spanish and picked Ryu, then Mr. Karate then Ken. Fucker kept spamming and trying to bait me into supers and Exceed moves. Unfortunately, I saw enough of his flashy play-style before and it didn't work on me. With each loss the guy got more pissed and starting sweating, mouth-breathing and muttering to himself. His eyes were going all crazy like a fucking meth-head, due to rage. He kept muttering "puto" "maricon" and all kinds of Spanish insults at me. What made it worse was that his buddy was poking fun at him for losing.

I look behind me and my girlfriend is standing there. She's starts complaining about wanting to go home, after I had been waiting for her for like half an hour. She looked pretty freaked out about the angry little Mexican cursing and she says to lose the next one so we can go home. I tell her that the dude is all talk and I want to see how mad he gets.

The Mexican dude picks Iori, his best dude again. I beat him, I couldn't bring myself to lose and I wanted to see the guy in full rage mode.

The guy is so mad he accidently picks Earthquake, of all people. He happened to be smashing the buttons with his fists and didn't notice he was on the select screen. So he throws a tantrum after that. I'm biting my tongue to prevent myself from cracking up.

I beat the guy the first round and loose the second. I will be honest that I wasn't used to playing against Earthquake. I look over at my girlfriend and she's already all pissed off. So, the last round I give a half-assed try and lose.

As soon as my character hits the floor. The Mexican dude yells " TOMA!CHINGA TU PUTA MADRE!", meaning "TAKE THAT! FUCK YOUR WHORE MOTHER!". Then he says in fucked-up English " I no even good with dees guy, an I beet ju".

I just started laughing at the guy and walked away while he kept calling me every curse word in the Spanish language.

I saw the guy many times after that but never played him again. His tirades were only funny the first time and I was afraid of getting pissed off at the little runt if he pulled that shit again.

PS: Awaiting "tl;dr" responses. Also, If I should win, I won't take the game.

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I hope Niko comes in here and tells his tale. He has a great story about playing KOF98 with some dude and then yadda yadda some shit happens and the next thing he knows the guy sucks his dick...

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I have a story to share.

During the first week of my very first full time job, one of the senior guys on my team asked me if I wanted to join the Pen 15 club. I didnt know what that was, so I was like ok.

So he grabbed my arm and wrote Pen 15 in black marker on my hand. But he wrote it without a space between "Pen" and "15", so it was like Pen15. The thing is that the "1" looked like an "I" and the "5" looked like an "S"...so it really looked like "Penis" was written on my hand...

I guess this isn't really gaming related but I think it is an interesting story and we can all learn something from it.

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
im loving these stories and hope to see what Niko has to say :)

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I have a story to share.

During the first week of my very first full time job, one of the senior guys on my team asked me if I wanted to join the Pen 15 club. I didnt know what that was, so I was like ok.

So he grabbed my arm and wrote Pen 15 in black marker on my hand. But he wrote it without a space between "Pen" and "15", so it was like Pen15. The thing is that the "1" looked like an "I" and the "5" looked like an "S"...so it really looked like "Penis" was written on my hand...

I guess this isn't really gaming related but I think it is an interesting story and we can all learn something from it.

you really should try pen island dot com

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
You win HDRchampian with your story/thread! Let me know how to communicate shipping as im still on no pm/market watch. Thanks for all that participated

Go MAX 330 MEGA

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
now that it is over I'll get in.

Years ago I was in an arcade playing Tekken 3 and I was wearing some custom leather pants I had done up painted like Jin Kazama's pants. That happened to be the character I was playing. There were like chicks and stuff hanging around and I thought I was bad ass. Anyhow this big rolls in and puts his money in the machine and then rolls up his sleeve and has the same tattoo on his arm as Jin Kazama has. This guy was pretty serious and I put him down real fast the first round and he got a bit upset and was big enough that, I made sure to loose the next two.

The girls all ignored me after that and I never played that game in that arcade again.

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
where did you run into this at? I don't think i would have thrown the match though(you might have gotten some cred or better salt). Even after getting jumped for talking shit to some younger kid(playing M who happened to be with a bunch of older guys who jumped me and my best friend(it was 2 vs 6-7 and i got my ass whooped overall but it was actually kind of fun) about 13-14 years ago in front of the local mall food court. It prob would have been worse but a couple of guys walking up helped break it up. The few times i have gotten jumped ive usually taken some pleasure in putting out a little hurt :)

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
^^^^marvel vs capcom 2-----------my local arcade has never really had many neo games

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
that was at our only arcade here in town back then.

We don't have one anymore.

I don't know that the guy would have done anything. I suspect it would have been one of those build up things where after a few losses it could get ugly. Really, such things are not worth the trouble. I've had my own issues in the past dealing with anger and learned a lot from it.