mua10.jpg

mua09.jpg

Wii version -

mua15.jpg

mua21.jpg

mua20.jpg

mua19.jpg

mua16.jpg

Interesting to see how multi-platform titles will look on the Wii.

Too bad the PlayStation3 screenshots were down-sized though...

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I thought for sure all Wii games would look as good as PS3 games.

Seriously though, no version of this game looks that good to begin with. The game is fun though.

BC_Gambit

Beni,
You forgot to mention that in the Wii version you can throw Captain America's shield by throwing your controller at the screen!

You activate Thor's special hammer attack by whacking the controller on the table real hard (the harder it hits, the more damage it does!)

For the ultimate in power, you have to light your controller on fire to activate Ghost Rider's "penance stare" attack.

*legal disclaimer: if you seriously try any of the above, you're stupid and should seek help. If any of the above actually works, I'll cry.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
genjiglove said:
Seriously though, no version of this game looks that good to begin with.
You're not kidding. They look like action figures running around. Not exactly a graphical showcase, although if pressed, I guess I'd be forced to admit the Wii version looks even less great than the PS3 version. Looks more like a Saturn version or something.

If you're playing the game, answer me a question: All the ads and reviews and whatnot talk about how the game takes you to every corner of the Marvel Universe...Asgard, outer space, Doom's castle or whatever, etc., etc. Outstanding. Meanwhile I don't think I have seen one single screenshot of a level taking place in the streets of New York City -- the corner of the Marvel Universe that 99% of all Marvel comics actually take place in. Why? How many comics feature Spider-Man running through the Enchanted Forest or whatever? Come on.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
SouthtownKid said:
If you're playing the game, answer me a question: All the ads and reviews and whatnot talk about how the game takes you to every corner of the Marvel Universe...Asgard, outer space, Doom's castle or whatever, etc., etc. Outstanding. Meanwhile I don't think I have seen one single screenshot of a level taking place in the streets of New York City -- the corner of the Marvel Universe that 99% of all Marvel comics actually take place in. Why? How many comics feature Spider-Man running through the Enchanted Forest or whatever? Come on.

I don't know, I haven't played much of it. My brother rented it on 360 and I saw quite a bit of it, but the only part I played took place in Asgard. Regular gameplay was fun, but there was a boss battle with Ymir that had a remarkably bad forced camera angle.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
A pretty big difference.

But then again I won't be buying a Wii for multi-platform games so I could care less.

Should there come a multi-platform game I'm interested in enough to buy, then my 360 will do just fine.

sQuareh4t3r

formerly "sQuareh4t3r", then "MacGuffin", now "sQu
Who the fuck cares?

It's Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
Average Joe said:
Should there come a multi-platform game I'm interested in enough to buy, then my 360 will do just fine.

Better than fine, it seems. So far all cross-platform titles have looked better (and in some cases have more features) on the 360, including Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Not that many people will care about this title. ;)

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The Wii won't be anything spectacular graphically and anything from the 360/ps3 ported to the Wii is going to have drawbacks. Like many here I won't be buying a Wii for multi format games, moreso for the exclusives.

wookiewombat

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
sQuareh4t3r said:
Who the fuck cares?

It's Marvel Ultimate Alliance.
exactly,

i got the 360 version and it fucking rules, nuff said. its a fun game, im looking for anything amazing like Gears of War graphics, just a fun game to play with my favorite marvel characters.

recon_zero

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
BC_Gambit said:
You forgot to mention that in the Wii version you can throw Captain America's shield by throwing your controller at the screen!

You activate Thor's special hammer attack by whacking the controller on the table real hard (the harder it hits, the more damage it does!)

For the ultimate in power, you have to light your controller on fire to activate Ghost Rider's "penance stare" attack.

*legal disclaimer: if you seriously try any of the above, you're stupid and should seek help. If any of the above actually works, I'll cry.

wiion9.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENo6m424CqI

On the images, of course we knew Wii was going to look worse

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Those PS3 screenshots are nice, but really misleading.

The camera NEVER gets that close to any of the characters in the game.

wookiewombat

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
yeah theres no HUD on the screen so they're probably just some shots used with a developers copy or something

CrackerMessiah

Fu'un-Ken Master
Nesagwa said:
Those PS3 screenshots are nice, but really misleading.

The camera NEVER gets that close to any of the characters in the game.

AMEN.

And they've been doing this since the first X-Men Legends title. For all intents and purposes, this really is just Part 3.

On that note, to those who have played it, is Hulk a playable character?

wookiewombat

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
CrackerMessiah said:
AMEN.

And they've been doing this since the first X-Men Legends title. For all intents and purposes, this really is just Part 3.

On that note, to those who have played it, is Hulk a playable character?
No, but Bruce Banner is in it for a short period of time.

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
I would be excited, but I couldn't be arsed to finish Xmen Legends 2... at least not yet.. so I cant see myself picking this up anytime soon.

The fact that it forces you to have 4-character teams kinda kills it for me. Personally I prefer to just have one bloke to worry about, and not have 3 other AI characters all getting in the way of my attacks.
But as the game is only balanced for 4 players..... bah.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
toy_brain said:
I would be excited, but I couldn't be arsed to finish Xmen Legends 2... at least not yet.. so I cant see myself picking this up anytime soon.

The fact that it forces you to have 4-character teams kinda kills it for me. Personally I prefer to just have one bloke to worry about, and not have 3 other AI characters all getting in the way of my attacks.
But as the game is only balanced for 4 players..... bah.

You can solo by taking people off your teams, its pretty simple to do.

sQuareh4t3r

formerly "sQuareh4t3r", then "MacGuffin", now "sQu
wookiewombat said:
exactly,

i got the 360 version and it fucking rules, nuff said. its a fun game, im looking for anything amazing like Gears of War graphics, just a fun game to play with my favorite marvel characters.
You missed my point.

It's Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Who really cares about it?

I'd rather have teeth pulled than play that game.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
sQuareh4t3r said:
You missed my point.

Then go and get your teeth pulled.

Personally I enjoyed Xmen Legends and would like to play Marvel Ultimate Alliance so that I can get my rocks off when I team up Wolverine and Captain America for some WW2 era beatdowns.

wookiewombat

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
sQuareh4t3r said:
You missed my point.

damn DC Fanboys, even though i read more DC comics then Marvel