Lesser Known MVS Titles

Mithos

Zero's Tailor
I just got a MVS recently and I'm making a list of games I want to get for it. So I was wondering if there were some lesser known MVS games that are kick ass that I should pick up?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I want to get into this game as one of my friends is all about that, but I'm still lost.

Riding Hero is one underrated game, excellent title and with a memory card is even better!

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Captain Tomaday,given when any body thinks shooters for the neo it's either pulstar or blazeing star.

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
Windjammers. I passed it off as just a frisbee game for a long time, then I played it, and damn it was fun.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Hands down its gotta be Breaker's Revenge. One of my favorite Neo games and a damn good Street Fighter rip off...haha

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
I also agree on Breakers Revenge. I'm looking to add it to my MVS collection down the road.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
I just got a MVS recently and I'm making a list of games I want to get for it. So I was wondering if there were some lesser known MVS games that are kick ass that I should pick up?

If you could find it : Super Dodge Ball and Windjammers. They're so much fun!

Mithos

Zero's Tailor
If you could find it : Super Dodge Ball and Windjammers. They're so much fun!

Is that a new version of the Super Dodge Ball that was on earlier systems or another game? If it's an updated version then I really didn't know the Neo had one. :(

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Is that a new version of the Super Dodge Ball that was on earlier systems or another game? If it's an updated version then I really didn't know the Neo had one. :(

The Neo had it's own version. Look up Super Dodge Ball Neo on Youtube for a video.

astrodan88

King's Dry Cleaner
I second the highly underrated Kabuki Klash.
Ninja Master's is also an amazing but less regarded fighter.
Ninja Commando is mindless, old-school arcade fun.

Not the most obscure titles but often overlooked at first; I know I did.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Nightmare in the Dark

Seconded. Not many people outside of this site know of this one.

Add ghostlop also -- not sure if this counts as it wasn't released but is easily available on MVS.

Last edited:

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
captain tomaday is a good one. Nightmare in the dark also. Man I wish I could get ahold of that game somehow!

Biohazard53

B. Jenet's Firstmate
windjammers has not been removed from my cab since I got it, my friends love this game.

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
Zupapa! is a blast, I've sunk plenty of hours into it over the past few days and can't see why it doesn't get the attention it deserves.

Classic single-screen platforming with some great music. Check it out.

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
Windjammers I believe is the front runner for most underrated Neo game ever. I can't believe this one doesn't have a serious competitive scene, and doesn't get near enough credit. The gameplay is fast and unique, the characters are very balanced, and it's really fun.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I hear alot of games that I don't feel are underrated. I mean as far as trhe Neo crowd goes we all know that games such as Windjammers, Superdodgeball, Zupapa, Nightmare, etc. Are all awsome!

I guess if I were to choose underrated games by the community here, it will be games like Riding Hero, Cap Tomaday, Satkes Winners, you know, games like that. Games that we don;t particulary go out of our way to play in our set ups.

Now, if we're talking about Mainstream underration (if that can be term???) then anything that is not KOF and Samsho is underrated. It's just my poinion though, I thought that was the emphasis of this thread.

Mithos

Zero's Tailor
I hear alot of games that I don't feel are underrated. I mean as far as trhe Neo crowd goes we all know that games such as Windjammers, Superdodgeball, Zupapa, Nightmare, etc. Are all awsome!

I guess if I were to choose underrated games by the community here, it will be games like Riding Hero, Cap Tomaday, Satkes Winners, you know, games like that. Games that we don;t particulary go out of our way to play in our set ups.

Now, if we're talking about Mainstream underration (if that can be term???) then anything that is not KOF and Samsho is underrated. It's just my poinion though, I thought that was the emphasis of this thread.

Nah, I'm not really concerned with mainstream's opinion of games as it's usually bullshit....