Leftovers thread

COMEDISDEGNO

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I felt it'd be a good idea to open a thread dedicated to small and cute facts, moves, tricks, corrections or glitches that can't be found in any faq out there.
Not necessarily combos, strats or legit cheats, just peculiar aspects that most people seem to ignore.

Feel free to add whatever you prefer, i'm going to analyze only a bunch of games i've spent enough time on in the past months (namely, those underdogs i'm doing combo videos for).

Waku Waku 7

1) Throw escape

Press down + any button as the opponent grabs you.

This works with any ground normal throw but Politank's one. Damage decreases and you'll land on your feet.

2) Dandy J's unlisted EX move

qcf+A\B\C\D -> b+A\B\C\D -> 360'+AB or CD

3) Fernandeath's unlisted EX move

BC -> AB \ CD

4) Calendar (not sure about this one)

Conclude a match with a Double KO, let the timer run out without continuing and enjoy the artwork...

It works for sure in 2P mode, still to check in 1P, and i've only been able to see January this way.

5) Corrections

The powerup is triggered by pressing any three buttons together.

The 'BC' attack can be performed with AC, AD and BD too.

6) Glitches

Fernandez vs Tesse.
Tesse, cornered, dashes and keeps dashing backwards.
Fernandeath performs his Hara Hara.
The move, whoa!, won't connect.

Tesse vs Rai (may work vs others too).
Rai a step away from Tesse.
Tesse's f+B won't connect.

Kizuna Encounter

1) Throw escape

Press back or forward + C as the opponent grabs you.

Must be performed in the very first frames, and it cuts down the damage to half.

2) Guard cancel

(with energy bar on red) hcf+A as you block an attack

3) Gordon's and Joker's normal throw followup

During a normal ground throw perform hcf+C

4) Secret team winquotes

Conclude a match with a Tag Team Attack (b,d,df+A) with any of the following couples

Rosa - Kim
Gozu - Mezu
King Lion - Gordon
Joker - Chung
Hayate - Eagle

to enjoy some funny bashing between your two chars. The dialogues will be different depending on which char you were using.

5) Bonus match

Conclude the game WITHOUT USING CONTINUES with any of these teams

Rosa - Gordon
King Lion - Gozu
King Lion - Mezu
Hayate - Eagle

to enable an extra match after Jyazu's defeat. Same endings, but some new pre- and post fight pieces of dialogue.

6) Tag direction control

After tagging with button D, press back or forward to slightly control your partner jump-in direction.

7) Get-up moves (well, sorta)

Buffering special moves, dashes, sways around, pursuit attacks etc. when still on the ground will lead to a quicker recovery.

8) Glitches

Jyazu vs Joker, Gozu, Mezu (may work vs others, too).
Jyazu cornered, opponent close to him.
Jyazy's crouching C won't hit.

Rosa's qcb+B has high chances to hit once and to pass through the enemy if performed from close on a cornered enemy after dashing.

It may happen that performing a f+A with Rosa when close to the opponent will result in a FAR f+A, a far f+A that will whiff to tell it all. Not sure how to do this, but i witnessed it often against a stunned enemy.

Breakers \ Breakers Revenge

1) Quick recover

Press any three buttons as you touch the ground after a knockdown.

2) Throw escape

Tap any button and direction to decrease the hits and damage and get out of the following moves:

Condor's close df+A\B throw

Maherl's close b\f+D throw

Alison's qcfx2+P DM

Rila's ch. db,df,db,u+K DM

3) Correction

To select Bai-Hu you just need to press UP once and at the same time on both 1P and 2P controllers. At the character selection screen, of course.

To be continued. Some tricks will be posted only after the videos release, i don't want to spoil your surprise.

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Nice stuff.

There's a similar thread by kernow about the odds and ends of the Neo, accessories, games, etc. It's not gameplay-specific but very informative nonetheless:

100,000 + 1 things you never knew about neo

Currently I'm browsing my private faqs for some useful info for this thread, if I find something "leftover" enough I'll post it here.

Btw., that Waku calendar trick only works on MVS iirc, a friend of mine told me about it while I was fooling around with AoF3's "birthday trick". I never tried it, tho (no Waku MVS cart here).

COMEDISDEGNO

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Double Dragon

1) Cheng Fu's unlisted special move

b,d,db+ any button

It's a counter.

2) Shoko's unlisted special move

d,db,b,db,d+X

Shoko turns invisible until hit.

Kabuki Klash

1) Corrections

The 'BC' attack can be performed with AC, AD and BD too.

2) Kill the dog

Kinu's sweet partner can be hit during any of its attacks. Hitting it 5 times will lead to a sad sad death.

There's a lot more for KK and Kizuna, just be patient.

[

Last edited:

COMEDISDEGNO

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Takumaji said:
Nice stuff.

There's a similar thread by kernow about the odds and ends of the Neo, accessories, games, etc. It's not gameplay-specific but very informative nonetheless:

100,000 + 1 things you never knew about neo

Currently I'm browsing my private faqs for some useful info for this thread, if I find something "leftover" enough I'll post it here.

Btw., that Waku calendar trick only works on MVS iirc, a friend of mine told me about it while I was fooling around with AoF3's "birthday trick". I never tried it, tho (no Waku MVS cart here).

Thanks for the link, i missed that back at the time.

To tell the truth i posted most of this stuff months ago on Emuita, AEX and elsewhere, but since it was all in italian i thought a reprise with translation would have done no harm.
Could you clear me that Shoko move? I don't remember the correct motion now as now, and since you're the resident DD expert...

EDIT: all that Calendar thing is a bit of a mess, there seem to be several ways to enable it...all i know is THIS trick works for sure on MVS, don't know in AES. All i need to know now is how to make the other months appear...some in-game clock maybe?

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
About Shuko's invisibility move, isn't that one of his charge moves, the one where he turns invisible and then attacks as a shadow? You have to press two attack buttons for that iirc.

I will try to confirm it before Germany vs. Czech Republic starts... :)

Double Dragon is such an underrated game, btw.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Takumaji said:

Care to explain about that AOF3 trick? I never heard about it.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Verythrax said:
Care to explain about that AOF3 trick? I never heard about it.

It's not really a trick, more like a feature. On a character's birthday, he or she can perform DMs over and over regardless of the energy bar. The AoF3 designers called this one "Special Day" feature.

This only works on MVS since the home cart/CD systems have no builtin calendar/date setting.

For example, according to some of my faqs, Ryo's birthday is August 2nd, so setting an MVS machine/board to this date would result in a Ryo Special Day.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Takumaji said:
It's not really a trick, more like a feature. On a character's birthday, he or she can perform DMs over and over regardless of the energy bar. The AoF3 designers called this one "Special Day" feature.

This only works on MVS since the home cart/CD systems have no builtin calendar/date setting.

For example, according to some of my faqs, Ryo's birthday is August 2nd, so setting an MVS machine/board to this date would result in a Ryo Special Day.

Cool! Thanks!

I'll dig some dates from the FAQs :)

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Okay, just checked Shuko's specials. COMEDISDEGNO, the move you're referring to is a Charge Special, it's rqcd x2 + 2 buttons. Shuko turns invisible, chases the opponent and starts pummeling him if he connects.

For all of you who don't know the Boss code for Double Dragon, here it is:

Enter the character select menu and place the cursor on Billy, wait for about 3 seconds, then on Marian, Cheng Fu and finally on Jimmy. Let the cursor rest on each chara for 3 secs. before moving on. If you did it right, you will hear a "Bingo!" voice sample and the avatars of the two bosses, Duke and Shuko, will appear.

Oh, and "rqcd" = reverse quarter circle down = back, down-back, down.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Two more:

Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer

- Hellstinger hovers in air a little if you keep on tapping up while jumping

- If you beat your mirror character (e. g. Gowcaizer vs. Gowcaizer) and still have your original Copyable Attack, the game offers you a Hyper Copyable Attack that does more damage and hits

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
nice thread, we should ressurect that fact thread too

I was messing about with ninja shiranui boy in motw the other day, and half way through my normal jump in chain, he stood back for 500ms and smiled

o_O

I'll try get the combo written down

Robert

20 Year Member
Garou

In the hokutomaru's stage, during the third round, you'll see Ryo explaining the crash of his bike with a police agent (top right of the stage).

I have a question: Who's the gym buster we hear about in the Marco's end?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Robert said:
Garou

In the hokutomaru's stage, during the third round, you'll see Ryo explaining the crash of his bike with a police agent (top right of the stage).

I have a question: Who's the gym buster we hear about in the Marco's end?

its Kaede and Moriya isnt it? (doh, edit: they are fixing their run-down car)

the gym buster, and coolest char in the world (gangsta gangsta \o\ /o/) = Ryuji YAMAZAKI.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
kernow said:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

I've found a few cameo infos about various Neo fighters in the huge mess that is my faq collection, I think I'll go and bump your old thread with them.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
kernow said:

Please do it.

And can you organize that in a faq or something? So that info would not be lost.

COMEDISDEGNO

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Takumaji said:
Okay, just checked Shuko's specials. COMEDISDEGNO, the move you're referring to is a Charge Special, it's rqcd x2 + 2 buttons. Shuko turns invisible, chases the opponent and starts pummeling him if he connects.

Doh, some confusion in here ;)
I cheked it all yesterday, i can confirm the motion was correct.

(X - any button; 2X - any two buttons)

[f,df,d+X] or [qcd+X] -> ground-running fireball

[f,df,d+2X] or [qcd+2X] -> ground-running egg-shaped fireball DM (hits up to 8 times)

[f,d,df+2X] or [dp+2X] -> Shoko turns invisible then performs a rush DM

[b,db,d,b,db,d,b,db,d+X] or [rqcdx3+X] -> Shoko turns invisible; he can be controlled just like he was in his normal state and can't turn back visible unless he gets hit by the opponent (performing again the motion won't reverse the effect)

This is a 'secret' move, unlisted in any FAQ i'm aware of...

Anyway, i heartily agree: DD is an underrated game, way more than the choppy, uninspiring graphics can justify.
Lots of creativity and good ideas, serious strategy needed (even if it tends to be played too much defensively - at least that's the impression i had) and a fun, powerful combo system - harcore juggling in there, i can grant you.

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
COMEDISDEGNO said:
Doh, some confusion in here ;)
I cheked it all yesterday, i can confirm the motion was correct.

(X - any button; 2X - any two buttons)

[f,df,d+X] or [qcd+X] -> ground-running fireball

[f,df,d+2X] or [qcd+2X] -> ground-running egg-shaped fireball DM (hits up to 8 times)

[f,d,df+2X] or [dp+2X] -> Shoko turns invisible then performs a rush DM

[b,db,d,b,db,d,b,db,d+X] or [rqcdx3+X] -> Shoko turns invisible; he can be controlled just like he was in his normal state and can't turn back visible unless he gets hit by the opponent (performing again the motion won't reverse the effect)

This is a 'secret' move, unlisted in any FAQ i'm aware of...

Anyway, i heartily agree: DD is an underrated game, way more than the choppy, uninspiring graphics can justify.
Lots of creativity and good ideas, serious strategy needed (even if it tends to be played too much defensively - at least that's the impression i had) and a fun, powerful combo system - harcore juggling in there, i can grant you.

Ah ok, now I see, my mistake.

Shuko has three moves/DMs where he turns invisible, the DM I mentioned, the secret move and another one that I don't see in your list, it's charge d or db,u (or uf)+X, can also be done in air. Shuko vanishes and reappears above the opponent, then he comes down for several stomps/kicks. It's not really invisibility, tho.

He also has a rush move, it's charge b,f+X.

I'm not sure about the charges, DD's command input is very sloppy, at least the rush move could be a f,b,f/Zanretsu Ken-style move as well. That's why I could swear the invisible rush DM is rqcd x2+2X.

Yeah, the juggles in DD are awesome. Duke is perfect for that with his uppercut-style DM, the one where he charges upwards surrounded by a wolf-shaped blast of energy, this one also works like a charm in combos.

About the graphics, they're not the very best but I like some backs and the breakable stuff in them, sea stage, the Arcade, Billy/Jimmy stage, etc.

Well, guess DD is not "cool" enough for most ppl...

Man, we should really start a separate DD thread, there's more to say about this game, and I'm really interested in your combos. :)

COMEDISDEGNO

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Takumaji said:
Ah ok, now I see, my mistake.

Shuko has three moves/DMs where he turns invisible, the DM I mentioned, the secret move and another one that I don't see in your list, it's charge d or db,u (or uf)+X, can also be done in air. Shuko vanishes and reappears above the opponent, then he comes down for several stomps/kicks. It's not really invisibility, tho.

He also has a rush move, it's charge b,f+X.

I'm not sure about the charges, DD's command input is very sloppy, at least the rush move could be a f,b,f/Zanretsu Ken-style move as well. That's why I could swear the invisible rush DM is rqcd x2+2X.

Yeah, the juggles in DD are awesome. Duke is perfect for that with his uppercut-style DM, the one where he charges upwards surrounded by a wolf-shaped blast of energy, this one also works like a charm in combos.

About the graphics, they're not the very best but I like some backs and the breakable stuff in them, sea stage, the Arcade, Billy/Jimmy stage, etc.

Well, guess DD is not "cool" enough for most ppl...

Man, we should really start a separate DD thread, there's more to say about this game, and I'm really interested in your combos. :)

Well, that wasn't meant to be a complete movelist, just a couple of hints. But since we started, let's mention the air fireball (b,db,d+X when airborne).

Graphics aren't horrible, the creativity they put into the intros and in the particulars have to be praised. It's just that...well...they look amateurish. It seems like a creation by some Mugen programmers - some TALENTED Mugen programmers, but that's not enough.

PM for you.