June 2015 SOTM: Espgaluda

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
espgaluda-flyer.jpg

Start to post those scores and pro tips and i will update this.

Code:
[B]Espgaluda[/B]
1. Asure        - 36,953,700 -   All   - Ageha  - PCB
2. _rm_         - 20,487,140 - Stage 5 - Ageha  - PCB
3. Skate323k137 - 18,564,170 - Stage 5 - Ageha  - PS2
5. pipes        - 17,781,220 - Stage 5 - Ageha  - Conversion Cart
4. kuze         - 16,284,160 - Stage 5 - Ageha  - PCB
6. Caplet       - 15,104,430 - Stage 5 - Tateha - PS2

Last edited:

Caplet

Cheng's Errand Boy
I haven't played this in years, so it was fun to go a few rounds. I don't play for score much so this will likely be surpassed quickly and savagely by others.

Caplet - 8,159,850 - Stage 3 - Tateha - MAME (I'm guessing at the format)
Faj9etw.jpg

I have the PS2 version, but most of my game systems are packed away so this is easier.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I haven't played this in years, so it was fun to go a few rounds. I don't play for score much so this will likely be surpassed quickly and savagely by others.

The important thing is to get some fun, but maybe other scores will push you to try again and harder ;)

I just got Daioujou Tamashii yesterday, didn't fired up by Espgaluda yet :D

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Looks like I gotta fix my PS2, the IDE drive in there died. I've got backups but it'll take a while to dust off the XP computer with winhiip on it to get them going.

SOON.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Looks like I gotta fix my PS2, the IDE drive in there died. I've got backups but it'll take a while to dust off the XP computer with winhiip on it to get them going.

SOON.

Hey mate, please do it, always a pleasure to meet you on the SOTM. Good luck with that!

skate323k137

10 Year Member
Hey mate, please do it, always a pleasure to meet you on the SOTM. Good luck with that!

Same to you.

I sent out an e-mail seeing if anyone at my office had IDE HDD's to donate.... I have 7 of them on my desk for free. Fixing the PS2 should be no issue now :)

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Usually my first runs tend to be the best, but this time i think i made the run of my life,lol. With only one try i've made this far, not sure if i can do better,lol. But sure will try ;)

NknxAoul.jpg

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Tip:

Don't forget there is an extra life near the end of Stage 3 that's really easy to get. It's an orb made of glass that is located right at the center for the screen, you just need to enter Kakusei mode to destroy the glass and collect the 1up.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Is there an automatic score deduction for playing on a PGM conversion cart? There probably should be but I'm gonna use it anyways :)

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Is there an automatic score deduction for playing on a PGM conversion cart? There probably should be but I'm gonna use it anyways :)

It was as if millions of martial masters carts cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced

pipes

It was as if millions of martial masters carts cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced

Thinking about that does make me cringe a bit and I do say a small prayer every time as I'm inserting the cart.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
Skate323k137 - 12,418,206 - Stage 5 - Ageha - PS2

Got my PS2 fixed up and the monitor adjusted. It's been a long time since I put in any time with this game... definitely one of my favorites to play.

I'm too lazy to crop, so
Spoiler:
20150608_011322.jpg.jpg

Asure

Captain Dick,
Asure - 36,953,700 - All - Ageha - Arcade, original PCB

I'm sure i can pick up a better score still, the last stages need some polishing, but lack of spare time makes this hard to do.
Spoiler:
esp.jpg

Last edited:

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Great score Asure, anything over 30mil is pretty damn good imho. I don’t own the PS2 port anymore, but man, what an awesome game.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Great scores guys, keep them coming.

PS- I'm really sorry but seems like i can't get the OP score board to look good :confused:

pipes

pipes - 9,497,590 - Stage 4 - Ageha - PCB/Conversion Cart/Martial Masters RIP

Spoiler:

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
I need to hook up my PS2 and get down on this game soon. Definitely one of my favorite shmups on the ps2.

Great scores guys, keep them coming.

PS- I'm really sorry but seems like i can't get the OP score board to look good :confused:

If you're talking about getting the names and scores all evenly spaced. I usually just type up my scoreboards in notepad. Then just copy and paste it into the
Code:
 tags, and it'll keep it's format and spacing.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I am on my phone, but will try that later tonight when i update the scores again.

Asure

Captain Dick,
Great score Asure, anything over 30mil is pretty damn good imho. I don’t own the PS2 port anymore, but man, what an awesome game.

The PS2 port has some slight advantages: The music is 44Khz, and you can pause the game probably. I don't own a PS2 :)

To get these type of scores, you need to get the counter up to 1000 asap. This can be done in stage 1 but also by not dying, and then milking bosses and/or some crucial spots in the game.
Getting hit in kakusei mode deducts 250 and triggers autobomb so don't get hit. Raise 'kakusei over mode' to get more green gems dropped. More green gems = longer kakusei mode = more bonus counter..
There's no real "rank" stuff: The game does not get harder when you have 'level 3' kakusei over mode active, so activate that when you get to boss #1.
Bombing also does not generate a penalty. It can be abused to get bosses into a pattern with more bullets faster, or trigger the appearance of enemies that give green gems.
The stage 2 midboss is a prime example of this, watch how it's done in this video
Boss is damaged with bomb, then first form is killed in time when there is lots of bullets. When the boss is dead, several smaller enemies and a fleet of mid-sized ships generate around 279 green gems for him..
The gem excess is monetized: Mostly at 5:19 when he enters kakusei with around 440 green gems and racking up points. See this part later on.
Stage two is a real score fest, the video shows him milking the boss for all it's worth as well :)

Caplet

Cheng's Errand Boy
I dug out the PS2 after my last score submission, because I felt dirty playing in MAME. Had a pretty nice run after 20 or so crap tries.

Caplet - 15,104,430 - Stage 5 - Tateha - PS2
3eGp02X.jpg

pipes

Nice run Cap. I think I can manage 20 mil by the end of the month....that's my goal anyways.