Jamma + plug

Jae686

Cheng's Errand Boy
Is the jamma + harness (that 15 pin conector) standart for every jamma+ board ?
(the same connetor that works on a KI2 board work on a sf2 or umk3 pcb)?

astrodan88

King's Dry Cleaner
As far as I know, NO they are not standardized. The pin outs will vary from company to company. Nintendo's (KI2) will be different Capcom's (SFII, etc.). Although within a company many games will be interchangeable (Konami 4 player games for example). Sometimes there will be overlap. I believe the Captain America and the Avergers beat-em-up made by Data East uses the same pin outs for the extra player as Konami's 4 player games.

The best place to go for info is the original manual. You can check crazykong.com for pdf files of a lot of arcade manuals.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
astrodan88 is correct, unfortunately there is no standard for additional connectors. Even the same companies use a range of different connectors (eg CPS1 & CPS2).

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Sometimes there will be overlap. I believe the Captain America and the Avergers beat-em-up made by Data East uses the same pin outs for the extra player as Konami's 4 player games.

True, Such games are often the same because they want the opp to be able to plug the pcb in without having to rewire...

I believe that the coin/service for Avengers are switched... But otherwise fully functional.

Also, doesn't the Fighter's History use the same pinout as SFII?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I believe the Captain America and the Avergers beat-em-up made by Data East uses the same pin outs for the extra player as Konami's 4 player games.
Correct. Taito also uses the same pinouts for 4-players. But in my experience collecting 4-player games, there are lots of freak pinouts too. I've had to wire up harnesses specifically for one game on more than one occasion, and I assume I will have to again in the future.

astrodan88

King's Dry Cleaner
But in my experience collecting 4-player games, there are lots of freak pinouts too. I've had to wire up harnesses specifically for one game on more than one occasion, and I assume I will have to again in the future.

But when you actually get 4 people playing on a cab it's so worth it!

I've recently become addicted to 4 player pcbs myself. Just wired up a Sega system 32 for 1 game: Golden Axe II. Haven't had people over yet to play it but when it happens... it's gonna rock :buttrock: