Is there another shipment of ps3s coming before Christmas?

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
Yes, no one knows when and how large though. Toys R' Us told me they would get some more in later, and Best Buy's are supposed to stock units or whatever for another launch type thing.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It's a trickle...

Not a wave like the next Wii shipment.....

That's why paying over retail for the wii was just wiitarded.

So many wiis are going to be available in the next few weeks.

PSIII, expect the stable prices to rise slowly as xmas aproaches.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Mark of the Wolves said:
Yes, no one knows when and how large though. Toys R' Us told me they would get some more in later, and Best Buy's are supposed to stock units or whatever for another launch type thing.

Every store I asked said the following, "We Dont Know, but Were Expecting March 2007"

MARCH.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Mark of the Wolves said:

The Best Buy in Montgomery is crap. They're usually never get a large amount of new items.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
USA Today reported last Friday that Sony plans to ship 600,000 more in North America before the end of the year. There were less than 200,000 at launch, so if Sony keeps their promise this time, it will be a significant increase, and much better than the shitty job Microsoft did last year. Of course Sony originally promised 400,000 at launch and didn't deliver that.

Nesagwa said:
Every store I asked said the following, "We Dont Know, but Were Expecting March 2007"

MARCH.
That was the company line at most stores last year with the 360. I think someone at a Circuit City told me "spring" once.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Nesagwa said:

MARCH.

That's when the first Europe shipment is expected... :annoyed:

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
My Wal-Mart got another 2 20GB PS3's in yesterday afternoon. So they are trickling in apparently. Just have to keep checking with all your local stores I missed the shipment yesterday though. The girl in electronics said they were on the shelf for less than 10 minutes. So pretty much unless you're in the store when they get them you still won't find one, but it's good to know they at least are coming in. Of course she said both of the dickheads that bought them yesterday told her they were going straight home to list them on eBay...:oh_no:

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
I would say the Wii has a nice chance of getting those units out. I'm sure Nintendo is quite prepared for the numbers. I'll be a bit shocked if many people get their hands on the PS3 before March or something like that. However, you might get lucky and be one of the few to secure one (that is, unless even that is already taken in by the unfinished pre-orders)

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Nesagwa said:

MARCH.

that's basically what all the stores said when the 360 came out, and it rang true. i couldn't find a damn premium till the last week in march. but we know there will be even less PS3's, so this isn't good.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Neo Alec said:
USA Today reported last Friday that Sony plans to ship 600,000 more in North America before the end of the year. There were less than 200,000 at launch, so if Sony keeps their promise this time, it will be a significant increase, and much better than the shitty job Microsoft did last year. Of course Sony originally promised 400,000 at launch and didn't deliver that.

That was the company line at most stores last year with the 360. I think someone at a Circuit City told me "spring" once.

sony doesnt have the blue laser diods to ship that many, so it's a fake number.

its the same reason there has been a shortage of bluray players before the ps3 came out, and why more companies didn't release BD players like they wanted.

it's also the reason HDDVD is kicking its fucking ass.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Nesagwa said:

MARCH.

This sounds more correct, since Sony is facing even worse production issues than MS was, which is what kept the 360 ridiculously scarce until about April of this year. Same scenario seems to be playing out. I'd also imagine that Sony will want to pump more units into Japan, since they only got 88,000 initially and the Wii is going to stomp all over the countryside like a big, white, vibrating Godzilla.

If you want some funky new stuff with an old-school flavor, get a Wii.
If you want the best next-gen system overall, get a 360.
I'm not saying the PS3 won't ever be worth owning, it just isn't right now unless you're Danno and need to impress the coke-whores.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
I can get a 20gb right now, so I'm just wondering if I should sit on it until this weekend...

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
gamejunkie said:
I can get a 20gb right now, so I'm just wondering if I should sit on it until this weekend...

What's really the big difference between 60 and 20 besides the obvious? They all have HDMI.... one controller... what am I missing that costs 100 bucks less?

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Spike Spiegel said:
What's really the big difference between 60 and 20 besides the obvious? They all have HDMI.... one controller... what am I missing that costs 100 bucks less?

I think wifi.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:

Wifi and 40 less gigs. :chimp:

:tickled:

Highlander67

Sultan of Slugs
DangerousK said:
No one here will buy it for that price.

well technically I sold 4 systems at $1,300 each plus shipping within 4 days. The problem is Ebay got flooded with PS3s and the price dropped. Now the price is slowly going back up because of thier are less units posted.

rootincarnate

Cheng's Errand Boy
Go past your local Circuit City. The one by my house is letting you 'preorder' one from the next shipment, and they say that by Christmas they will be able to fulfill all 20 preorders. Maybe your local store is doing the same thing??