Ichiro traded to the Yankees

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Too bad for the Yankees he's on the tail end of his career, but at least he'll have a chance for a ring now.

Guy is one of the purest hitters in the history of the game. Started at nearly age 30 and still is close to 3,000 hits.

Not a Yankees fan, but I'll root for him getting a ring.

EDIT...

Ryan Dempster is now a Brave. Huge move. Winning the division is now realistic.

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
heh i was about to make a thread about this.

plus infante and anibel sanchez from miami to detroit and dempster went to atlanta (that should excite you abs!).

the trade season is starting to heat up!

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
Noooooooooooooo.....oooooooooo, guess he's getting tired of floundering out here, and I don't blame him, it has been very hard to be a Mariners fan for the past 16 years

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Noooooooooooooo.....oooooooooo, guess he's getting tired of floundering out here, and I don't blame him, it has been very hard to be a Mariners fan for the past 16 years

it was a trade. while due to the 10/5 rule, he had to approve the trade- he is the kind of player that would approve whatever he had to 'for the good of the team'.

more interesting is that the mariners are facing the yankees at safeco tonight. ichiro has to straight up walk to the visitors locker room tonight. i hope the fans give him a nice ovation tonight. he is one of todays greats.

on a side note- how many japanese reporters have had to adjust their flight plans to NY today?

Last edited:

BizMarkie82

Tarma's Gun Polisher
EDIT...

Ryan Dempster is now a Brave. Huge move. Winning the division is now realistic.

What site is this from? I've been seeing rumors all day but nothing 100% concrete and was still showing it as 50/50 as of a few mins ago. I was going to pull the trigger on a Randall Delgado waiver wire move if this goes through ha.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
What site is this from? I've been seeing rumors all day but nothing 100% concrete and was still showing it as 50/50 as of a few mins ago. I was going to pull the trigger on a Randall Delgado waiver wire move if this goes through ha.

the deal is agreed to as of right now, just pending dempsters approval now.

i also realize that 2 starts is an unbelievably small sample size- but ben sheets might be the scrapheap pickup of the decade.

Last edited:

BizMarkie82

Tarma's Gun Polisher
the deal is agreed to as of right now, just pending dempsters approval now.

Good to hear. I'd assume Delgado slides right into the Cubs starting rotation and I just lost Colby Lewis for the year so I'm pulling for Theo to execute here.

I hope Sheets pans out. The guy had such immense talent and just couldn't stay healthy at all. Speaking of, Mark Prior was tearing it up in AAA before his most recent DL stint. Since his return he can't hit the strike zone. Too bad...was pulling for him as well and I hope he turns it around.

Last edited:

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Mark Prior,

damn there's a name I'd forgotten about.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
it was a trade. while due to the 10/5 rule, he had to approve the trade- he is the kind of player that would approve whatever he had to 'for the good of the team'.

more interesting is that the mariners are facing the yankees at safeco tonight. ichiro has to straight up walk to the visitors locker room tonight. i hope the fans give him a nice ovation tonight. he is one of todays greats.

on a side note- how many japanese reporters have had to adjust their flight plans to NY today?

He'll get a standing ovit, Griffey got one, he will too, much deserved I might add, he made the M's a shitload of money, as much as me and alot of other people hate the darkside he deserves a ring, and if not hopefully he will stay around long enough to make 3000, I'm sure any team would put him in rotation just for that reason. Future hall of famer and class act

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
He'll get a standing ovit, Griffey got one, he will too, much deserved I might add, he made the M's a shitload of money, as much as me and alot of other people hate the darkside he deserves a ring, and if not hopefully he will stay around long enough to make 3000, I'm sure any team would put him in rotation just for that reason. Future hall of famer and class act

as a yankee he has a legit shot for a ring. also if he sticks around for a couple of more seasons he has a legit shot at 3000 MLB hits all later in his professional career. his numbers and production are nuts.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I have a good friend who is a beat reporter for the Yankees. I knew about it this morning as a rumor.

It's not about his power, but his reliability.

Gardner is out for the season in LF, and Ichiro makes up for it in both the hits and steals department.

Swisher will finish the year as a Yankee, then expect a replacement in RF, or Gardner back to left and Suzuki to right.

Ichiro already got a base hit and stolen base as a Yankee.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
ichiro was never a power guy. he is a contact hitter and speed guy. a doubles machine. plus a great defensive outfielder. he sets the yanks up nicely for a deep playoff run (even at his age and lowered production rate).

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yankees need a draw to fill seats.

Even the best record in baseball hasn't been filling seats.

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I suppose the Yankees could use his help, since they just lost 4 games in a row to my A's :p

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Yankees need a draw to fill seats.

Seattle is amongst the worst cities for fairweathered fans. With Ichiro gone the M's are fucked for 2nd half attendance.

Maybe they can bring back Milton Bradley and hope to draw people wanting to see a psychotic breakdown.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
Seattle is amongst the worst cities for fairweathered fans. With Ichiro gone the M's are fucked for 2nd half attendance.
Ichiro was our biggest draw ever, Griffey was an excellent fielder but was inconsistent as shit behind the plate, if M's fans were as loyal as Seahawks fans they would be among the biggest franchises in baseball. What we need now is the return of sweet Lou to fill seats, you can see his blood pressure change from the nosebleeds

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Ichiro was our biggest draw ever, Griffey was an excellent fielder but was inconsistent as shit behind the plate, if M's fans were as loyal as Seahawks fans they would be among the biggest franchises in baseball. What we need now is the return of sweet Lou to fill seats, you can see his blood pressure change from the nosebleeds

wait what? inconsistant at the plate? griffey? maybe when he came back at the age of 41.

griffeys stats were pretty much the same across the board in seattle

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Damn, there's going to be even MORE Yankees hats in Japan now. More Yankees hats than Rangers. :(

BTW, as much as I want Ichiro to get a ring, he's not getting one until the Rangers win it FIRST!

I miss Griffey now. ;_;

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
wait what? inconsistant at the plate? griffey? maybe when he came back at the age of 41.

griffeys stats were pretty much the same across the board in seattle
Griffey could smash the ball theres no doubt about that, but if memory serves his consitency was made up of either homeruns, strikeouts or outs via infield flys, thats what I remeber from the scads of games I went to when I was younger

(edit)Wow ok after seeing his lifetime stats, I didn't realise they were that good, I just don't remember him batting near 284 on a regular basis

Last edited:

BizMarkie82

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Griffey could smash the ball theres no doubt about that, but if memory serves his consitency was made up of either homeruns, strikeouts or outs via infield flys, thats what I remeber from the scads of games I went to when I was younger

(edit)Wow ok after seeing his lifetime stats, I didn't realise they were that good, I just don't remember him batting near 284 on a regular basis

His inconsistency was more with Cinci due to injuries. He was the man in Seattle! Too bad...he may have his name on the HR and not Bonds if injuries hadn't derailed things (or have been much higher up on the list).

BizMarkie82

Tarma's Gun Polisher
BTW, as much as I want Ichiro to get a ring, he's not getting one until the Rangers win it FIRST!

I miss Griffey now. ;_;

Agreed. They were only a pitch away last year so this is the year (assuming they trade fro a frontline starter since Lewis just went down).

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Don't forget Griffey's Defense.

ichiro was never a power guy. he is a contact hitter and speed guy. a doubles machine. plus a great defensive outfielder. he sets the yanks up nicely for a deep playoff run (even at his age and lowered production rate).

Ichiro could suppsedly hit for power if he wanted to. Much like Wade Boggs.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
His inconsistency was more with Cinci due to injuries. He was the man in Seattle! Too bad...he may have his name on the HR and not Bonds if injuries hadn't derailed things (or have been much higher up on the list).

From what I remember, he was one of the best players in the league during his stay in Seattle. If he had remained in Seattle instead of going and getting hurt in Cinci, he could have challenged the all-time home run record.

As for Ryan Dempster, who do the Cubs have left now as a solid pitcher? It is crazy to think that with Kerry Wood and Zambrano on the Cubs, Dempster has been their best pitcher for a while now.