IC: Naomi Universal Prototype? Cabinet

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I have a fully disassembled Naomi Universal cabinet. I believe it is some kind of prototype as it is mostly fiberglass and lacks some of the features of a normal Naomi Universal. I'm pretty sure I've posted about it on here or AO before.

Anyway, I fully disassembled this thing to move it when I first got it and have yet to put it back together. One thing I do want to do is chop it down to a sit down, but I figured before I do that I should see if anyone wants it either for collector's or curiosity's sake.

Here are some pictures of it fully disassembled and some older pics of when it was still together. Note the rough fiberglass inside the front half/monitor bezel and the control panel. And note that the front part is all one piece. You cannot rotate the monitor.

http://imgur.com/a/jKbzx

If someone were interested in a sale only the cabinet, wiring, jvs io, sound amp, and psu would be included. No monitor or control panel (unless you want the busted Virtua Golf one that it came with). I could throw in a Naomi mobo as well if I have a spare (I think I do.)

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I have a bunch of these and yeah, that one is certainly something different. The all white rear shroud and the Dreamcast logo on the bezel are strange. I'm thinking name this was used on display somewhere to show off the Dreamcast?

Just noticed the extra support on the right leg....weird.

Last edited:

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
The extra bit on the right leg is the coin chute or something, which is odd because there's no coin hardware in this thing. The slots and return buttons on the control panel are just there for show.

Also, the legs have visible bolts through the front to connect them to the base.

This thing is weird.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
Nice unique cab, too bad it can't be rotated...prolly could but no bezel then...or find a suitable replacement bezel.