IC: East Coast Candy Cab Group Buy!!

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
As we get closer, if anyone in the northeast wants to set up a truck together send me a pm. I live in NH 20min above the Mass state line

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Hey, I was just checking more NVC facts...their monitors can not be rotated right?

masamuneGTO

My Bro Aint HeavyHe's just not Wortha Christmas pr
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hey, I was just checking more NVC facts...their monitors can not be rotated right?

We have never even thought about rotating the monitors in ours. Even if you could, it would be a pain in the ass to even attempt. Seeing the cabs were made for hori fighting games, I don't really know why you would want to tate them.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
...'cause for some people this group buy means the first cab they'll ever own. The NAC is easy enough to rotate and so is the Blast City, I don't know much about Vs City but judging by the bezel I'd say is doable.

masamuneGTO

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
...'cause for some people this group buy means the first cab they'll ever own. The NAC is easy enough to rotate and so is the Blast City, I don't know much about Vs City but judging by the bezel I'd say is doable.

Fair, I am sure it is possible. Just might be a little more work with the two monitors. I wouldn't go by the information on the arcade otaku wiki in regards to a monitor being rotatable or not. The monitors in the VC are the same as an NAC and the monitors in the NVC are the same as a Blast City, so since both of those are rotateable then you should be able to rotate them on the versus variants.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd LOVE to be corrected on this but I always assumed not. If you can show me a versus in tate I might have to buy/find room for two lol

Again, IRL I own an astro, I've seen plenty of blasts. From what I can see Egret, Impress, AW, Neo29, like the Astro/New Astro/Blast have a black bezel that has two sets of holes for attaching to the rest of the cabinet. When I rotate my astro I also rotate the black part of the bezel. The white surround hole is square the bezel decides which way the "rectangle" goes. The monitors are exactly the same NAC/NVC & AC/VC so the monitors themselves are designed to be used both ways. But i'm not sure about the cabinet.

Front.jpg
versuscity2p2cp.jpg

The yen slot part appears to be part of the control panel (not to mention where the yen slot is) so the only part that can be moved that I see is the white "strip" between the led header and maybe there's enough room after removing the strip and there's another strip under the panel but I can't tell.

Neo-legend-Arcade-Crozatier-012.jpg

Kinda small but you can see the differences between a Blast (in the back) and an NVC. side by side...ish.

It'd help if I could find a manual for it or a youtube vid of someone rotating it but so far I'm filing it under Cyberlead (which is not rotatable)

Just my noob 2 cents,
DarienV

Last edited:

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Actually, here is another question for you guys. Can you fit a NVC into a standard North Amercian doorframe? Cause...thatd be kinda important I think...

masamuneGTO

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Actually, here is another question for you guys. Can you fit a NVC into a standard North Amercian doorframe? Cause...thatd be kinda important I think...

I will ask BIGTIME to take a measuring tape to the one we have here, otherwise I can do it later in the month.

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
First off, both the VC and NVC cabs are not tatable....the monitors may be, but the bezel will not fit back on if its rotated, Ive tried this before.

And as far as moving the cab, you can disassemble the machine to very manageable size to move through almost any door.

Last edited:

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
Updated List:

My current count:

BradTemple87- NAC
dcsas- NAC
Wataru 330- VC
Bunkhouse Buck- VC +NAC
Wup Wuh- NAC
JammitBoom- VC
MassamuneGto- VC
Dipindods- NAC
Stezoid- NVC
ECZangief- VC
Daskrabs- NAC
White Castle- NAC
Jt4mtb- NAC
Renmauzo- NVC
Ninjando- NAC
Trap15- 2x NAC
Slashmastah- NAC
Trenog- NVC
DJ Delly- 2x VC
Arcade Legends- 2x VC
RoadBuster- NVC
bubbahotep- NAC
Daedalus- NAC
Seph1roth- NAC
arbormatt- NAC
DefaultGen- NAC
YesBoss- NAC
andy251203- NVC
darienventure- NVC
DreamTR- NVC

Wants NAC:

-DJ Long Cat
-SS Turtle

If that and me counting is correct we still need to sell:

0x NAC
3x VC
3x NVC

6 CABS LEFT CMON FOLKS!!!!

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sega Candys are incredibly easy to take down and put back together I think I can strip my Astro completely in less than 20 minutes at which point the biggest single piece is the 29" (diagonal) monitor. I'm sure a versus is the same. I've seen them in some very tiny "game centers" they could NOT have come in in one piece.

-Darien, Does anyone know of a mod where I can "cap" the top of an NVC to be more like a VC? I'm starting to wonder about the look of those GIANT marquees:lolz:

Last edited:

andy251203

Hardened Shock Trooper
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Updated List:

My current count:

BradTemple87- NAC
dcsas- NAC
Wataru 330- VC
Bunkhouse Buck- VC +NAC
Wup Wuh- NAC
JammitBoom- VC
MassamuneGto- VC
Dipindods- NAC
Stezoid- NVC
ECZangief- VC
Daskrabs- NAC
White Castle- NAC
Jt4mtb- NAC
Renmauzo- NVC
Ninjando- NAC
Trap15- 2x NAC
Slashmastah- NAC
Trenog- NVC
DJ Delly- 2x VC
Arcade Legends- 2x VC
RoadBuster- NVC
bubbahotep- NAC
Daedalus- NAC
Seph1roth- NAC
arbormatt- NAC
DefaultGen- NAC
YesBoss- NAC
andy251203- NVC
darienventure- NVC
DreamTR- NVC

Wants NAC:

-DJ Long Cat
-SS Turtle

If that and me counting is correct we still need to sell:

0x NAC
3x VC
3x NVC

6 CABS LEFT CMON FOLKS!!!!

I should have 2 of the NVC under my name. I have a friend not on these forums who also wants one, so put that under my name.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll need 3 weeks because I need to take it out of two checks (this friday and two weeks from now) or it'll be my head. Hope that's alright.

Yay we're doing this! Now how long do these slow boats take?

Oh and I'd still welcome advice on shipping (dimensions and weight) on my NVC, I know my Astro came NAVL but has anyone ever used forward air? I think they go between airport terminals?

-Darien

Last edited:

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
got the moneys now. what is timeline for them to get here? and i have a 2001 chevy blazer if i put seats down a nac will fit?

Ssturtle

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Hopefully I'll be able to get a NAC! Looking forward to having a rotatable monitor for my shmups.

ArcadeLegends

War Room Troll
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I'm good to go whenever. A friend and I will be renting a truck to pick ours up. Coming from Louisville, KY to Cincinnati, OH to pickup cabs. If anyone is on the way and wants their cab delivered, we can more than likely work something out. PM me if you are interested and then I can see if you are actually on our route and give you a cost. Lee, if you read this and have any objections, let me know and I will edit it.

got the moneys now. what is timeline for them to get here? and i have a 2001 chevy blazer if i put seats down a nac will fit?

You should have no problem getting it in there. I have a small van and there is plenty of room to spare with an Astro inside.