I think SNK playmore should make Art Of Fighting 4!

neosnk

n00b
Hi guys.. dont you think there should be another Art of fighting game? I love this game since my school days when i first saw it in arcade, huge sprites and amazing zooming effect made me addicted to it.Its been a long time around 14 years when last game came out,The graphics were way ahead of its time than any other fighting game.I think SNK playmore should make art of fighting 4 or completly reboot the series!! What do you think guyz?? share your thoughts and opinions.

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Playmore would fuck it up anyway.

vgg

Quiz Detective
Hi guys.. dont you think there should be another Art of fighting game? I love this game since my school days when i first saw it in arcade, huge sprites and amazing zooming effect made me addicted to it.Its been a long time around 14 years when last game came out,The graphics were way ahead of its time than any other fighting game.I think SNK playmore should make art of fighting 4 or completly reboot the series!! What do you think guyz?? share your thoughts and opinions.

Will not happen since they converged all their fighting games into one SKU called the King of Fighters. And 12 had those huge sprites in HD with the zooming although they confirmed removing the zoom feature in 13 because it was distracting. 13 even has the special rip finishes for King & Yuri, I hope they do facial damage in 14
BRING FRANCO BACK!!!

neosnk

n00b
May be there is a chance,i think what i remember from a past interveiw that playmore mentained, if any of the fans demand to revive any of the past series we will do it!

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
Id be all over that like bread on peanut butter IF only...I could get into the series. Im gonna give it another go. :tickled:

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Hi guys.. don't you think there should be another Art of Fighting game? I love this game since my school days when I first saw it in arcade, huge sprites and amazing zooming effect made me addicted to it. It's been a long time- around 14 years when last game came out. The graphics were way ahead of its time than any other fighting game. I think SNK Playmore should make Art of Fighting 4 or completely reboot the series!! What do you think guys?? share your thoughts and opinions.
If they do make Art of Fighting 4, it should be 2D with huge sprites like the original games.

Grandmaster B

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I don't see it happening either. Besides, it would be hard to improve anything compared to the classic AOF3.

I'd rather welcome a new King of Monsters or Sengoku game with modern graphics.

GMetro

n00b
SNK need to make something new or they are going to go under. Their games over the past decade have been consistently dull, bland, boring, and contain nothing new whatsoever.

Art of fighting was never good to begin with and I can't imagine the company would revive that tired, worn out and boring franchise. Actually, it is such a bad idea SNK just might do it.

"Change or die" is particularly relevant to the video game industry, which moves at breakneck speeds. Little guy Nintendo is proof that people want something new and exciting, Capcom is another good example (though they milk Street Fighter and Mega Man they continue to push out new ideas through other franchises, and SF4, though not really new, felt fresh and was exciting). SNK is rehashing the same tired garbage over and over and I can't believe they aren't already bankrupt. Those TWO SEPARATE art of fighting anthology discs on the PS2 are a disgrace, and this example specifically is the kind of unforgivable decision making that has put SNK in the gutter.

Even when it comes to milking their franchises, SNK are clueless. They need to provide a more comprehensive download library. If you're going to make a compliation disc in 2010, give us a good Neo compilation disc of interesting games instead of all the idiotic, dull 2d fighting games which include ZERO new ideas or inspiration over and over. WE GET IT ALREADY. Make something new or clean out your desks in a couple years.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
If they do make Art of Fighting 4, it should be 2D with huge sprites like the original games.
Wow, a good post from you for once!

I don't see it happening either. Besides, it would be hard to improve anything compared to the classic AOF3.

I'd rather welcome a new King of Monsters or Sengoku game with modern graphics.
Agreed on all counts; AOF3 was perfection in a way. It's not my favorite fighting game ever, by any means, but it took that style of fighting game and really perfected it.

KoM or Sengoku would be pretty sweet to get a modern rendition of, though Sengoku will never get a 'real' updated, as beat-em-ups are dead. King of Monsters could be badass.

Art of fighting was never good to begin with and I can't imagine the company would revive that tired, worn out and boring franchise. Actually, it is such a bad idea SNK just might do it.
Ah, I see your'e new here; you've never really played Art of Fighting 3, have you? I am not a fan of the first two games at all (the second one is one of my few least favorite games ever) but AoF3 is fantastic.

SNKP are clueless.

fickst.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
gotta be honest, as a guy who enjoys the AOF series, it's about the bottom of my list of games I wish SNK would bring back.

It's definitely a acquired taste kind of game and as a fighting game player, ignoring my snk love bias, I can't ever imagine a AOF game gaining mainstream popularity and developing a scene. That's not important to a lot of people but to me a fighting game is just a time killer until till has a big scene to bring the best (or the worst) out of it.

bring back traditional fatal fury or last blade and you got me sold :)

Silky Johnson

Zero's Tailor
Let Last Blade and Garou rest.

If SNKP would think of bringing them up, they would screw them. Though they are slowly trying to make decent games, i hope they don't think of reviving those ip's in the near future.

Anselm

Camel Slug
I'd rather see a Viewpoint II. Imagine the sequel to that with an improved arsenal, more populated enemy schemes, and about 800 MEG of additional content.

~Anselm~