How do you stay disciplined with infinite credits?

Shinchan

n00b
Infinite credits is for casual play and practice. If you decide to get serious about a game, then you can start trying to 1CC, work on your best 1-credit score, or play with AES limited credits. They are separate play styles, so there's no reason one way of playing should prevent you from trying the other.

^^^ this

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Thanks for taking me seriiusly and writing a serious post, andsuchisdeath! I honestly suspected that about some shooters, but never paid that much attention.

Last edited:

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
I just feel bad credit feeding, there's a wrongness in it, it's like cheating.

Back in the days, I'd go to my local arcade, pay 1000 Lire (that was ~0,56€ back then) and get 3 coins. I always strive to get the 1CC, but when I can't I just can't go past the third credit.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I think arcade games would be better received if most had good checkpoints. It seems the trend later on was to instant spawn you right back where you were. That way you still have difficulty in small bursts, you just aren't good consistently at the whole game. That way you would be able to talk with others and say X boss was hard and kinda be on the same page with them. But when you can just brute force it to most people its a moot point unfortunately.

a blind person can mash a with infinite continues and beat most non checkpoint games. Note I said beat not clear. Kinda bad game design imo. It makes sense though from a profits standpoint but I find it kinda lame.

In any case op here is my advice, just have fun. Don't go for a one credit clear first. Limit yourself to a certain amount of credits and each time remove one less until you get the 1cc. Some games suck ass doing it that way since the rank goes down.I never liked ranked being some invisible esoteric thing. I rather it stay consistent even upon death.

In any case I find that is a good way to enjoy arcade games.The bottom line is to have fun.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I always go for 1CC, but if that proves impossible after like 1000 attempts, I use the 90's dollar method.

4 credits = 1 dollar

I rarely beast a game pumping in more than a dollars worth. Some notable exceptions being Ikaruga.