Help needed in english translation.

Neo Collector

Raiden's Valet
By now most of you may noticed that my english skills are first grade quality :rolleyes: but my wife thinks im sooooooo good in it that she gave me the pleasure to translate his college monography from portuguese to english, easy to say than to do. What i need from a good soul is to read the text and tell me that it make sense at all and suggest some changes if needed, shes graduating in Nursing and the text has to do with that subject, any help will be appreciated.

Baptista Diogenes, Alexsandra. The Nurse educator facing to the aging process.

The injuries of inferior members in diabetic customers today constitute a serious problem of public health
being reason of long internments, amputations and worsening in the quality of life of these people.

Becoming important to stand out that in the year of 2002 approximately five thousand amputations were realized
acording data from the System of Hospital Internment of SUS (SIH/SUS).

THe justification for the research lies in the paradox that it establishes, that although the great progresses
in the knowledge of diabetes,in its methods of prevention and treatment, its complications continue being a
prominent problem and that it comes increasing in number, mainly in what respect to the diabetic foot is said.

Having as objective to identify the level of knowledge of the diabetic customers concerning the reasons that take them to develop injuries in the feet and to argue the light of the theoretical referential of the impressions on the lack of knowledge of the customer with diabetic foot.
The research has descriptive character, exploratory , with quanti-qualitative approach that has for purpose to provide a bigger familiarity with the approached problem and to become it explicitly, describing the characteristics of the people attacked by the diabetic foot.
The sample of this study was constituted by diabetic customers chosen aleatory in communities of the city of Rio De Janeiro, some of this are need communities that will devoid the disinformation of the population with the probability of development of the pathology related in the study.

key words: diabetic feet; Diabetes Mellitus; healthy.

PS: Help me please or the next time i will see sex will be when my got laid in my couch in the middle of the night. :eek:

The Drizzle

Whip's Subordinate
I'm going to try to give this a shot.

Neo Collector said:
Baptista Diogenes, Alexsandra. The Nurse educator facing to the aging process.
Im not sure what this says? That Alexsandra is a nurse studying the reversal of aging?

The injuries of inferior members in diabetic customers today constitute a serious problem of public health
being reason of long internments, amputations and worsening in the quality of life of these people.
You could say something like:
The complications of a diabetic patient are numerous, including long periods of time spent in hospital care, amputation of limbs, and a lower quality of life.

Becoming important to stand out that in the year of 2002 approximately five thousand amputations were realized
acording data from the System of Hospital Internment of SUS (SIH/SUS).
You could say:
According to data from the System of Hospital Internment of SUS, in 2002, approximately five thousand amputations were performed on diabetic patients.

The justification for the research lies in the paradox that it establishes, that although the great progresses
in the knowledge of diabetes,in its methods of prevention and treatment, its complications continue being a
prominent problem and that it comes increasing in number, mainly in what respect to the diabetic foot is said.
Would be something like:
The justification for the research lies in the paradox that it establishes, that although great progress
is being made in the knowledge of diabetes, and in its methods of prevention and treatment, its complications continue to be a prominent problem and those problems continue to increase in number, even with all the facts that are currently known.

The last paragraph is pretty difficult.

Last edited:

aria

Former Moderator
Ick... I have seen diabetic feet which would make you all have nightmares. GregN. can vouch for it.

Having had to help turn hastily translated Russian into proper English, this is giving me flashbacks.

Neo Collector

Raiden's Valet
Bobak said:
Ick... I have seen diabetic feet which would make you all have nightmares. GregN. can vouch for it.

Having had to help turn hastily translated Russian into proper English, this is giving me flashbacks.

My wife has some problems with me when she wants to talk about her day in the hospital, the truth is im a tech guy i cant handle her kind of info from the hospital.