Help me identify this bios!

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
So a few days ago I was cleaning up my house, and found two old 1 slot MVS boards.

One of them is a MV1A, and today when taking pictures of it I noticed that the bios is different than the usual one.

The code over this one is tc571024d-15
The label says something like "competitive system" "combact system".
I got the board a long time ago with a Pochi to Nyaa cart, so I never really cared about it.

Unfortunately at the moment I have no way to connect it anywhere and test it.

Anyone knows if there's anything interesting about this bios?

here's a pic of it
CIMG3373.jpg

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
It may be a bios that allows Vs play via enabling one of the hard DIPs (2). It will need dumping to confirm that however.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Well it means just that, SNKs "Competitive system" tbh it is probably just a Unibios in disguise. Like Razoola says, also could be that as well...send it to a person that knows these things! lol

Last edited:

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
It may be a bios that allows Vs play via enabling one of the hard DIPs (2). It will need dumping to confirm that however.

Ahah, the funny thing is that the board still has all the DIPs setted on "off" except for n.2 which is "on". Pretty sure they have been like that since the last owner gave it to me... this MV1A has spent most of its life inside a paperbox...

Anyway I was planning to sell the board as untested, but if the bios might be somehow useful I'll bring it back to europe at the end of the month and test it or send to someone for dumping

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Cool!, please have it dumped (or at least try it somewhere, the bios screen could already tell something)
If when you'll be back in Europe, you could be near Milan, sure I can find someone to help.

About the 4P daughter board, IIRC, the MV1A has not the 8pin connector (blue cable) needed to multiplex the inputs present in MV1B.
You could adapt such connector, using the onboard DB15 joy port, like in slot-2/4/6 and early models of MV1, but that's an hack, and anyway not in MV1A.

While Pochi&Nyaa has been released in 2003, the project has been kept on hold for some years (like a rumored proto), anyway I think the proper board for such game would still be a MV1B.

This to say, it could be a BIOS not related to that game, or 4P neither, possibly leading to another multiplayer thing... As it is socket, it will require few minutes to discover!

fremen

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hi

if the bios might be somehow useful I'll bring it back to europe at the end of the month and test it or send to someone for dumping

I'm in Spain, if you want I can dump it. Once dumped I will share it here.

Saludos

Last edited: