Happy birthday Sega Saturn!

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
The saturn turns 25 today. Holy shit I feel old. Happy bday to one of the greatest consoles of all time and the one that got me into collecting when I was a kid.

Still remember the day I traded in a fuck load of old games to eb games to buy my first import and coming home and being in absolute awe the first time I got the cart swap trick to work and xmen vs. Street fighter fired up on the screen.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Saturn is fantastic, the poor man's supergun back in the day. Great little arcade machine, with some fantastic shooters

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Great system with a library of games that have aged much better than those on the PS1, IMO.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Awesome system that handled 2D Fighters better than PSX ever could in it's wettest dreams.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Here is hoping that more of the Saturn exclusives become playable on modern hardware so that more people can appreciate its underrated library.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Definitely excited about panzer dragoon coming to switch. Day one purchase.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Happy bday to the second most overhyped console ever (after the Dreamcast).
owned one since launch. Promised so much more than it delivered.
Was fun anyway

Edit:so bored of hearing ps1 games aged badly. No they didn't. It is what it is.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Happy Birthday to a console that works much better now, than it worked back then. Yeah, it owes its second life to retro neckbeards and yokels, who pay tripple digits now, for what they once would have shredded. It's poetic, and unrelenting, and a lot like the Neo.